Film | News

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: 'I Have a Feeling We're Not in Kansas Anymore'

Kansas

Rich Juzwiak at FourFour, who should get a special Oscar for his assemblages of clips, takes on Judy Garland's famous line with this supercut.

He writes

"What's interesting to me about that is that it's at cliche status at this point, yet unlike, say, 'catch-22' or the also frequently mangled 'You're going to need a bigger boat,' the saying hasn't superseded its source, no matter how many times it's been said (as evident in the amount of times Toto and Dorothy are brought up alongside it). It's pretty amazing how tenacious a hold Oz still has on pop culture (I find myself referencing it constantly, and not just in the 'Kansas' way)."

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Extra points for the Captain Planet clip!

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Dec 16, 2010 8:10:28 PM

2. Speaking as a resident of Kansas, this phrase is the last thing I want to hear when I tell people I'm from Kansas. And as such, it's always the first thing I hear.

Posted by: finkles2000 | Dec 16, 2010 8:13:01 PM

3. Someone had way too much time on their hands to do this - perhaps they should devote this "free time" for a social cause or volunteering.

Sorry to be "debbie downer" but seriously one minute we are upset that no one is getting off their duff to fight for justice and then next we are laughing at a project which has no value whatsoever

Posted by: zzz | Dec 16, 2010 8:29:39 PM

4. meanwhile ZZZ, the time you spent reponding to this, and prompting me to repond to your post, wasted even more productivity for all humanity. I consider hypocritical behaviour to be a heinous offense, and, therefore, you may be most guity of all. And clearly a Debbie Downer, as well.

Posted by: William | Dec 16, 2010 8:41:21 PM

5. Debbie Downer is the new Dorothy

Posted by: secure214 | Dec 16, 2010 9:17:38 PM

6. I saw this earlier in the day, loved it, and APPLAUD the person who took the time and care to assemble this. It takes all kinds to make a world. Some try to cure cancer, and others compile a visual collection of the most re-quoted movie line ever to grace the movies. What's remarkable is that I believe the line is just as re-quoted (if not moreso) in real life (and thus its constant re-reference in life's reflection, the cinema). Bravo.

Posted by: Zlick | Dec 16, 2010 9:30:40 PM

7. What? No Lynda Carter?

Posted by: Ron | Dec 16, 2010 9:39:09 PM

8. Brilliant. Loved it.

Posted by: Derek Pearce | Dec 16, 2010 9:49:09 PM

9. nah. but thnx

Posted by: unokhan | Dec 16, 2010 10:25:41 PM

10. ZZZ (Debbie Downer) is just upset, because someone dropped a house on her sister.

Posted by: John | Dec 16, 2010 10:46:28 PM

11. Rich Juzwiak is brilliant, funny, and really really hot.

Posted by: Judy Chicago | Dec 17, 2010 3:02:39 AM

12. that statement never works for me, well unless I am on vacation, since I live in Kansas.

Posted by: kujhawker | Dec 17, 2010 8:31:39 AM

13. Ahhh Kansas where the people believe opposition to gay marriage and abortion are more important issues than feeding their children or having a job or a home. That's "Whats the Matter With Kansas"

Posted by: ggreen | Dec 17, 2010 10:23:07 AM

14. This is great! Nothing wrong with sharing some fun! We can't all be saving the world everyday and need to spend more time enjoying simple pleasures.

Posted by: Mark | Dec 17, 2010 12:06:12 PM

15. To ZZZ: "Pooh-- what a smell of sulpher!"

Posted by: Tom | Dec 17, 2010 3:53:14 PM

16. @ggreen;
    Can't agree more. In fact with Sen. Brownshirt moving in as governor, its NOT going to get better.

The most appropriate quote about Kansas these days would be 'we're not merely fucked, we're sincerely fucked'... in the bad way.

Posted by: kansastock | Dec 17, 2010 4:38:44 PM

17. I prefer "I've sent a little insect on ahead to take the fight out of them."

Posted by: Bertie | Dec 18, 2010 3:03:20 AM