About the Banner | Montana | towleroad

BigGayDeal.com

About the Banner #48

Towroadbanner

Some of you probably guessed right away what you were looking at in the last banner for the site. Given some of the emails I received about it, however, some of you had no clue. I agree, it does look like something photographed under an electron microscope, but it's really much more simple than that.

Find out, AFTER THE JUMP...

The image was a detail of a photo I took about a year ago at the National Bison Range in western Montana, of my nephew Harry in front of a stack of elk antlers collected on the reserve.

For more of our banners, click HERE.

Antlers

Comments

1. I love the "About the Banner" posts. You should have an "About the Banner" contest. Not sure what you'd give as a prize. Thanks for all the great and well-rounded news items.

Posted by: Ty A. Allison | Jan 12, 2011 7:53:00 PM

2. I guess this really shows the divide between people who grew up in, say, the American West and those who didn't. It never occurred to me that it was anything but antlers.

You still haven't explained, as far as I can tell, the banner of what I think was a kid reading a book.

Posted by: Paul R | Jan 12, 2011 9:47:11 PM

3. I think Harry should be the banner.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Jan 12, 2011 10:13:05 PM

4. Love your banners!

Posted by: Traveler J | Jan 12, 2011 10:54:39 PM

5. Hey Paul... there is a link titled "about the banner" in the top left corner of the page that will show you all of the banners and what they were. ;)

Posted by: Joey | Jan 12, 2011 11:45:16 PM

6. Agree with Paul, except from the southern perspective. i assumed they were deer antlers.

Posted by: Mack ORD | Jan 13, 2011 2:10:05 AM

7. I drive by the National Bison Range on my way to work. So gorgeous!

Posted by: RME | Jan 13, 2011 3:02:33 AM

8. You are correct Paul. Andy, PLEASE show us the full photo for #40. Sometimes I dream about that banner. Seriously.

Posted by: K | Jan 13, 2011 3:11:39 AM

9. There's a similar "assemblage" of antlers in Jackson, Wyoming... I thought that's what it was. Well, I was pretty close. Great banner.

Posted by: John | Jan 13, 2011 10:00:48 AM

10. Info on banner 40 can be found here.. http://www.towleroad.com/2010/04/aboutthebanner.html

Posted by: Joey | Jan 13, 2011 1:23:42 PM

11. The link you posted is really banner # 41. We're asking about a banner that was up in March **2009**.

Posted by: K | Jan 13, 2011 1:50:26 PM

12. @Paul R: I grew up in the capital city of a country in Europe, never seen a real live elk... But I immediately guessed it was antlers... It's not a matter of where you live but a matter of what you know.

Posted by: Charles | Jan 13, 2011 2:16:03 PM

13. @Charles: I agree. I grew up in Washington, DC, which has deer but you rarely see antlers. But I have traveled, and antler piles aren't all that rare.

Posted by: Paul R | Jan 13, 2011 4:31:24 PM

14. I grew up very close to there...been to the Bison Range many times. Thanks for the photo!

Posted by: jaymax | Jan 26, 2011 4:34:05 PM