Comments

1. The Iron Orchid says

This is the one time I enjoyed Chris constantly interupting his guest!
    In this instance it was called for because he was avoiding answering the question posed: why would you have this woman, who is a propagandist and knows nothing of what she speaks of represent you?

2. Soren456 says

I agree. This is the first time I’ve seen him use that “technique” for a good purpose.

3. michael says

I. Love. Chris. Matthews. I love that he totally calls these buffoons on their blatant idiocy. Hello, America!

4. says

Finally a talk show host that grew some balls and called these “ballonheads” out on their bullshit. I love how he pressed the guy to answer the question and pointed out every time he tried to dodge it. Matthews also pointed out that Teabaggers always “look at the camera and recite the same speech”.

5. Turlie says

Excuse me, the Tea party was founded because a African American democrat was elected president, the TP started 4 days after his innaguration speech.

6. says

It’s Racism draped in economic responsibility and in their unique definitions of the founding fathers. They’re fooling no one except maybe (and I’m not even sure about this) themselves.

7. ggreen says

Sal Russo is such a reprehensible utterly corrupt scum bag he has never done anything for any reason other than love of money. He hates America but he loves money. The Tea Party is a big income producer for that ass wipe. He makes his money selling fear like opium to the ignorant.

8. Bart says

I’ve said over and over and over that Michelle Bachmann is one of the top five stupidest people in government. How she keeps getting elected is utterly beyond me. This speech and her hallucinatory rebutal to the state of the union…utter hilarity. She’s a hopeless idiot.

And as GGreen said, Sal Russo…you can’t say much good about this vile cretin. So it was fun watching him squirm because he couldn’t answer the question and Matthew’s brilliantly wouldn’t let him redirect the conversation to cite the Tea Party talking points (with NO actual answer to solve anything they propose. Ever.)

I live in Tea Party country. I get their newspaper. And almost to the person they are angry, scared, refused-to-be-eductate white people, who think someone is getting something they’re not, or someone is getting something and they’re paying for it. Their middle-class tax breaks are acceptable to them because “they deserve it because they’ve been paying into the system.” They talk about government as if it’s some alien ship that hovers over this country and commands us to hand over our money from a loudspeaker. But the real problem is the lack of cogent argument they have for what they propose and even worse, no answers to how to solve any of it (Palin’s answer to everything…”We’d have a program for that…” Uhm Sarah, that’s more big government not less, stew-for-brains.)

Stunning…simply, unbelievably stunning.

9. Carlie says

Joan Walsh has it exactly right. The TP narrative of the perfect constitution and free society (and its corollary anyone who isn’t wealthy or successful is personally flawed) is intended to justify policies that injure the working-class and people of color (or more accurately favor the upper class).

10. says

And Matthews’s point about the hagiography of the Founding Fathers is spot on! Oh, the halcyon days of yore! with their literalist readings of the bible and the constitution!

11. Daniel says

I have mixed feelings about Matthews but he’s brilliant here. Russo waffles but even he knows how idiotic Bachmann is.

12. Montana says

Michele Bachmann is like Sarah Palin, Christine O’Donnell, Sharron Angle and Linda McMahon, they are just not right but funny. I especially like the clip of Bachmann saying that the founding fathers abolished slavery, wow, what a liar, not the first or last time that will happen. Does anyone with self-respect real believe her?

Her response failed to say how we got here from eight years of poor leadership, two wars without end, diminished Civil liberties. Its like she crawl out from under a rock just to complain about our current President. We all know that Americans for Prosperity and Freedom Works started the Tea Party, grasroots, please.

13. Morgan says

Michele Bachmann looks like a wild woman. Enough hair on her hair to stuff a mattress with.