Crime | Don't Ask, Don't Tell | Gabrielle Giffords

Congresswoman Giffords Celebrated DADT Repeal With Tweet

Skyline The Dallas Voice points out that Democratic Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords tweeted the message below as well as the photo above of a sunset in Arizona in celebration of last months repeal of "don't ask, don't tell."

Gg1
Giffords has a very good history of supporting LGBT rights, having scored 81% on Human Rights Campaign’s 2008 Congressional Scorecard.

Comments

1. This whole thing is incredibly sad and tragic. I was pretty non plused at Sarah & Todd's tweet of condolance.

Posted by: Geoff | Jan 8, 2011 8:48:43 PM

2. Gabrielle Giffords is a good Congresswoman and she cares deeply about people. I hope she makes it through. It is a very sad day for the others that died right after being shot at. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.

Posted by: sysm29 | Jan 8, 2011 8:58:18 PM

3. What an extraordinary woman. My thoughts are with her and those deceased.

Posted by: Jake Orlando | Jan 9, 2011 2:12:15 AM

4. any lawyers around?

Can sarah Palin be sued in a civil case seeking financial damages for her "target list" as well as the guy who ran against giffords for having target practice with giffords pic in a commercial and at a fund raiser?

I understand they can't be prosecuted but what about seeking financial damages as instigators/ accessories via their rhetoric etc

from my understanding as a non lawyer civil suits are a different thing altogether

Posted by: mstrozfckslv@yahoo.com | Jan 9, 2011 10:36:47 AM

5. God bless her.

Posted by: IndyTown | Jan 9, 2011 11:17:51 AM

6. It figures that an intelligent lawmaker who actually does some good gets gunned down by a right-wing whackjob.

Posted by: wimsy | Jan 9, 2011 3:50:55 PM