Mario Lopez | News

Enraged Sports Bar Patron Destroys A.C. Slater Photo

Slater

'Breaking' news from the Chicago Tribune:

Police were called last week to Mullets Sports Bar & Restaurant in Homer Glen to deal with an angry customer who allegedly shattered a framed photo of A.C. Slater, a fictional, mullet-wearing jock played by Mario Lopez in the 1990s television series "Saved by the Bell."

"I just don't like Slater," the man reportedly told the owner after allegedly yanking the photo from its place of pride above a urinal and smashing it on the floor. The owner told police the bathroom door also was damaged.

The man left after another person gave the bar owner $11 for the broken frame, according to a Will County sheriff's police account. A message left Wednesday for the bar owner wasn't returned.

A sad day for Mullets' wall of fame, for sure.

(via buzzfeed)

Comments

1. Sounds like a personal problem to me.

BTW, how can he be that angry at a fictional character? I just don't understand.

Posted by: ophu | Jan 13, 2011 11:52:34 AM

2. Well, can't blame the guy. Never did like Slater (or Mario Lopez) very much myself.

Zack, on the other hand, was the reason I watched the show as a kid. =)

Posted by: Austin | Jan 13, 2011 11:52:45 AM

3. Ummm, why was a photo of a well built guy above the urinal???

Posted by: justiceontherocks | Jan 13, 2011 12:00:26 PM

4. Mario Lopez...so effin delicious, then and now.

Posted by: redball | Jan 13, 2011 1:32:31 PM

5. wow, this is what passes for 'breaking news' at Mother Tribune these days? Sad.

Posted by: james | Jan 13, 2011 2:38:11 PM

6. not too big of surprise here - you really have to know about Homer Glen...

Posted by: mike/ | Jan 13, 2011 3:06:02 PM

7. What a truly bizarre story! Well, I might as well add my two cents' worth. Just looking at the accompanying photo, sure, Mario Lopez is one sexy guy, but the fellow in the background isn't so hard on the eyes, either! I know some of you bitchy and catty queens around here are gonna pounce all over me for saying this, but I always thought Mr. Belding was kind of hot in a dorky, goofy sort of way. I used to just kind of gaze at Mr. Belding, whenever I'd watch that silly show and a scene took place in the principal's office, and I'd be thinking the whole time, "Oh, yeah... I'd hit that till the cows came home!"

Posted by: TANK | Jan 13, 2011 4:19:09 PM

8. This story was just an excuse to post a photo of a shirtless Lopez. What kind of gay web site is this?!!!

Posted by: jaragon | Jan 13, 2011 6:12:32 PM

9. was the guy Dustin Diamond?

Posted by: fanboi | Jan 13, 2011 9:34:07 PM