Comments

1. Josh says

Jason is such of inspiration! We don’t have that many male celebrities like him supporting our Community! On the ladies side: Cyndi Lauper & Lady Gaga are truly amazing! Please support their music! We need more outspoken artist to support our fight!

2. Tone says

A brave and welcome statement from an ally. Sadly in many places hetero common-law couples still enjoy more rights than gay/lesbian common-law couples so even this wonderful gesture further highlight the inequalities that lesbian and gay couples face. I hope that Jason and his partner are not in any hurry to marry because I fear that while same-sex marriage will eventually come to the USA, it will take a while.

3. steve says

I don’t mean to be cynical – but do we really think that Congress is going to care if Jason and Brad Pitt have vowed not to get married until everyone can?

What matters is real political action and holding our hypocritical representatives accountable for their words.

4. dx2718 says

I had the same feeling about marriage. Luckily, I live in MA where marriage equality has been around for more than half a decade. I’ve been married for more than two years, and was proud to be “Party A”!

5. Jonny says

Jason’s manager is Bill Silva, a prominent music industry mogul who also happens to be gay. He’s also a large contributor to a ton of gay charities such as The Trevor Project.

6. TANK says

Never thought I’d have so much in common! I too am holding out on marriage until everyone can do so (no choice!). What a coincidence… And when that day arrives, there’s always world hunger/global poverty. “I really like your bjs, but marriage ain’t for me.” What a guy! Fear of commitment IS a social rights issue!

7. Chris says

That’s very sweet, but it would be nice to see a straight couple donate all they save for being legally married to advance marriage equality. What a message that would be.