You like? The reboot of Spider-Man opens in a year and a half.
Tonight is the BFCA Critics Choice Awards broadcast on VH1 in which the BFCA tries to predict the Oscar winners. (Full disclosure: I'm a member but their obsession with Oscar prediction makes me crazy. Just vote on what you think is best.) You'll remember that last year they famously declared a tie between Sandra Bullock (The Blind Side) and Meryl Streep (Julie & Julia) so as to hedge their bets.
They'll be hard pressed to come up with anything as memorable as the Streep/Bullock comedy because not many nominees are entertaining without a script as Meryl & Sandra.
I'm rooting for The Social Network, Black Swan, The Fighter, Blue Valentine, The Kids Are All Right and the stunning I Am Love in various categories as they're on my top ten list.
Who are you rooting for?
Sunday night is THE GOLDEN GLOBES, the awesomely enduring Oscar warm-up. It's usually the most fun with the stars generally imbibing with abandon. Try this drinking game for your own viewing if you dare…
Drink every time…
- Someone makes a Black Swan joke.
- Someone makes a Facebook joke.
- Cher licks her lips.
- Every time a presenter arrives that has absolutely no business being there other than as shameful attempt at attracting young viewers who won't be watching anyway. (Justin Beiber et. al)
- When "Miss Golden Globe" is introduced.
- Another swig if she's totally awkward about it. Having celebrity parents is SO mortifying!
- You spot a closeted gay. (Kevin Spacey et. al)
- You spot an out gay. (Jane Lynch et. al)
- Every time there's a group shot of the Glee table.
- Every time there's a closeup reaction shot of someone who clearly did not get Ricky Gervais's joke. (Even if they're laughing)
- You see two celebrities you'd otherwise never see together sharing a table. (The seating arrangements are so bent sometimes.)
- Two celebrities are nominated against each other who ought never to be mentioned in the same sentence (Judi Dench vs. Jennifer Love Hewitt for example. No really: They are nominated in the same category!)
- A winner is announced. Keeping chugging until they make it to the stage!
Good luck! You'll be drunk before the stars are. Happy Awards Weekend.