News | Tom Ford

Tom Ford is Never Clothed at Home

Tom_ford

Tom Ford discusses giving interviews in the nude, with Interview:

"Someone asked me recently about male nudity, and I brought up the subject that, in our culture, we use female nudity to sell everything. We’re very comfortable objectifying women. Women go out and they are basically wearing nothing. Their feet and toes are exposed, their legs are exposed, their breasts are exposed. Everything is exposed—the neck, the arms. You have to be really physically perfect, as a woman, in our culture to be considered beautiful.

Ford But full frontal male nudity challenges us. It makes men nervous. It makes women nervous. Other times in history, male nudes have been regarded in a different way. The Olympics were originally held nude. The reporter I was explaining this to said, 'This would make a great story.' I explained how when I come home I actually take off all my clothes, and I wear no clothes until I leave. I eat naked. I do everything completely naked. He said, 'That would make a great interview.' I said, 'Fine, we have to do it nude.'"

He was in very good shape. Anyway, we did the interview. The interviewer was straight, and I made it a point to desexualize the interview even though I was sitting with my legs wide open, completely naked. At the end of the interview, I put on a dressing gown and he put on his clothes, and I sat next to him on the sofa and said, “Was that sexual?” He said, “Absolutely not.” And I said, “That’s because I didn’t make it sexual. Sexuality is in the eyes, it’s an expression, it’s in a look.” Then, all of a sudden, I looked at him in a very different way, and it made him very nervous.

Tom Ford [interview]

Comments

1. TOM FORD MUST DIE!

Posted by: The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living | Jan 25, 2011 2:42:17 PM

2. He makes great clothes, looks good, interesting but little bit of too much information.

Posted by: Matt26 | Jan 25, 2011 2:49:20 PM

3. That photo makes me want to rip his clothes off and do unimaginable and imaginable things to his naked body.........whew.

Posted by: jtramon | Jan 25, 2011 2:50:28 PM

4. HE... DOES.. WHAT??? SWOOOOOOOOON *dies*

Posted by: ohdear | Jan 25, 2011 2:51:02 PM

5. He makes my tongue hard.

Posted by: Ken | Jan 25, 2011 2:51:43 PM

6. This was just great ! I agree that it's all in the eyes......the attraction, the invitation, the connection, the sexualisation......
    Tom Ford is one of the most mature gay icons we've got !!!!

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Jan 25, 2011 2:52:01 PM

7. A lot of gays seem to have problems with Ford. I don't know why. He's incredibly honest and literate and he's never been closeted for money(unlike Calvin Klein). He's hot an rich and smart and some gays hate that he's just doing it all better than they are. AND if I were him I'd have no problem sitting around naked all the time.

Posted by: Jerry | Jan 25, 2011 2:59:21 PM

8. I want photo/video evidence of his claim, or I say he's lyiing. Full view, high quality would be best. :)

Also, he's complete correct in saying "Sexuality is in the eyes, it’s an expression, it’s in a look.”

Posted by: Tom in COS | Jan 25, 2011 3:01:01 PM

9. My god in heaven - please 'look' at me the way you did the reporter the 2nd time.

Please, please, please.

Posted by: Christopher | Jan 25, 2011 3:06:36 PM

10. @TOM IN COS :
    I so completely agree with you ......and it is so sexy ....all that eye contact.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Jan 25, 2011 3:11:47 PM

11. Tom Ford can look at me in a sexual manner--clothed or not--any time he wants. I don't mind!

Posted by: Voenix Rising | Jan 25, 2011 3:13:44 PM

12. sorry that just sounds skeevy as hell

Posted by: neverstops | Jan 25, 2011 3:14:30 PM

13. An interview in the nude? Hmmm I don't know this Tom Ford fellow, but that sounds just a tad made up.

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Jan 25, 2011 3:20:10 PM

14. Vanity, thy name is Tom Ford. He's beautiful and talented. Just ask him.

Posted by: lincolnlounger | Jan 25, 2011 3:21:27 PM

15. So what Lincolnlounger! Does he deny it?? For god sake you must've have remembered when Gucci first came out with Toms clothes and the way it looks. Sheez.

Jack, I completely agree. He is the most downright honest celeb out there. Period. But gays would rather opportunist fakes like Madonna or leaned Rhimes or countless other people who have done the it gets better for my fame' video as 'allies'.

Messed up.

Posted by: Rowan | Jan 25, 2011 3:26:29 PM

16. If he wasn't trying to make the interview sexual, then why did I just get a huge boner reading that?

Posted by: Simon | Jan 25, 2011 3:27:27 PM

17. I personally think he's amazing. He's talented, smart, discerning, witty, a sensitive director and a looker.

I just wish I could have interviewed him whilst he was stark naked. It would have been sexual, I assure you.

Posted by: yonkersconquers | Jan 25, 2011 3:29:49 PM

18. I don't care who you are our junk is not a box of kittens in the looks department, more fun to play with than a box of kittens but ugly. Besides, the brain is the largest and most pwerful sex organ and it is better to leave a little something to the imagination.

Posted by: jerry | Jan 25, 2011 3:31:05 PM

19. there's really no reason for clothes when you look like that. his sexy body hair can keep him warm.

Posted by: mike | Jan 25, 2011 3:33:02 PM

20. So what ? He's got the heating turned up !

He's still got so much talent and is so progressive and accomplished and, damn it, he's proud to be gay.
    So knock it off you 'nay' sayers; find some other target to scream at.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Jan 25, 2011 3:40:48 PM

21. I'd hate to be his upholsterer.

Posted by: David Groff | Jan 25, 2011 3:46:47 PM

22. Tom I know and use that look too! Isn't it wonderful?!
    Grrr.

;-_

Posted by: jakeinlove | Jan 25, 2011 3:47:58 PM

23. Ken: That totally made my day -- and almost splattered my laptop with my lunch. Thanks! :)

Posted by: silverskreen | Jan 25, 2011 3:57:13 PM

24. I normally think Tom Ford is kinda silly but get that he's projecting a persona for the public to make money in his endeavors.

But he is quite right in his comments about society and male nudity.

Posted by: Ben | Jan 25, 2011 3:58:27 PM

25. ah, i wish he was bi. i'd like a taste of that.

Posted by: WestwardHo | Jan 25, 2011 4:06:34 PM