Advertising | Gerard Butler | Grooming | News

Watch: Gerard Butler Won't Let You Forget He's a Man

Butler

How manly do you have to be to use L'Oreal Hydra Energetic Moisturizer for Men? Very, very manly. And you must do man things.

Gerard Butler demonstrates, AFTER THE JUMP...

(crushable via the cut)

Comments

1. Have to say, I'm more than fine with this. He's an advocate for us and has publicly spoken about his attraction to men. Gerard rocks, and the longer hair w/the weight loss makes him look even better.

Posted by: Geoff | Jan 4, 2011 2:15:17 PM

2. Mark Simpson, the Brit writer that coined 'metrosexual' wrote a funny blog about Gerard's "hysterically butch" L'Oreal ad and how for all that it's just exploiting middle-aged male anxiety about ageing:

Posted by: Stevie B | Jan 4, 2011 2:32:22 PM

3. is this real life?

Posted by: Clayton | Jan 4, 2011 3:03:30 PM

4. funny how all these products need to be custom made "for men". we can't believe that male skin needs the same kind of moisture? that somehow makes us too girly?

Posted by: mike128 | Jan 4, 2011 3:06:40 PM

5. It's just more incredibly stupid marketing targeting (incredibly stupid?) heterosexual guys. Something tells me most gay guys don't need to be convinced that it's ok to use a moisturizer.

Posted by: Bryant | Jan 4, 2011 3:34:32 PM

6. He must be short...girl at 50 second mark has to wear flats.

Posted by: Shawn | Jan 4, 2011 3:45:25 PM

7. I'm gay and I've moisturized since the womb, but I'm not using some loreal crap on my face just because Butler's hot.

Posted by: Jerry | Jan 4, 2011 3:45:37 PM

8. @Jerry...plus the loreal crap is way overpriced...CVS brand is just as good with same ingredients.

Posted by: Bobo | Jan 4, 2011 4:24:45 PM

9. Buttler is hot and naturally butch- and hey the idea is to convince straight men to buy overprice lotions.

Posted by: jaragon | Jan 4, 2011 5:56:30 PM

10. @Mike128, your comment reminds me of a line from a character in the 1970's play/movie "The Boys in the Band." In a scene in the bathroom of his apartment Michael points out to his house guest Donald that he bought him a can of hairspray. Michael notes the word "men" "... written 37 times all over the god damned can, but it is still hairspray." Seems like some things never change.

Posted by: Bob R | Jan 4, 2011 6:58:52 PM

11. The guy's a meathead. And a bore. How on earth did he get in the movies in the first place? Who cares what he promotes.

Posted by: Barry | Jan 4, 2011 7:46:59 PM

12. "I have children and you say something and I slightly, breaking up." I was surprised, she and he, said to have been recognized for five years, together for three years. And between me and him, only three days short of three days.
    This huge difference in my mind swirls in a few minutes, I feel a little confused, not reason things out.
    Lu Jingjing silently looked at me, so hang up the phone, it asked: "Miss ya, that is what kind of people?"
    gucci handbags

Posted by: gucci bags | Jan 4, 2011 9:20:54 PM

13. TLDNW

Posted by: Randy | Jan 5, 2011 12:03:40 AM

14. I guess Nate Berkus wasn't available.

Posted by: Good Luck With That | Jan 5, 2011 2:50:26 PM

15. YOU GUYS ACT DESPERATE...LEACHEROUS AND LOW! I mean is EVERY guy "hot" that use and plays the gay community????? They do NOT like us....do NOT want to our "friend"....and they do NOT want to sleep with you! WHEN are you going to wake up??

Posted by: shannon | Jan 5, 2011 7:41:21 PM

16. 'm surprised they showed him, as he is so wrinkly and saggy in the face....

he has that empty tire look of people that used to drink a lot and then lose weight.... not sure why people think he's sexy...

he's good looking for his age (I am assuming he is in his mid to late 40s), but a dime a dozen in the subway.....

Posted by: V-8 | Jan 6, 2011 10:46:20 AM