Comments

1. Strepsi says

@ ANDY — thanks for this. Beautiful, thanks. The ‘world interest’ posts like this, and zoology, and astronomy, are what put your blog a cut above.

2. ratbastard says

Why be outside getting some good exercise, interacting with other human beings, when you can live in a warm/hot most of the year U.S. city where it’s often too hot to be outside, the most exercise and contact with the outside world people get are going from their front door to their suv/truck, from the parking lot of their work to their suv/truck, a drive-thru, or staring at other people in vehicles on the highway? The whole world should emulate the overweight, drugged-up, socially isolating lifestyle of American suburbia.

There…I said it.

3. JHH says

I second what Strepsi said! This is a beautiful post, and I *love* that you also post things about astronomy, zoology, etc! Thank you, thank you, thank you :)

4. Mark says

Sadly it rarely gets cold enough in the Netherlands for us to skate outside of the indoor ovals. But when it does, we love it. This winter has been good.

5. Em says

Beautiful movie! And, from the Netherlands myself, I can only agree with Mark: when we can skate outside, the Dutch get ice-fever!

6. Ballygregor says

Just beautiful ! Thank you guys – and thank you again for a Top Class web site that is always a joy to read in its entirety . HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU AT TOWLEROAD

7. D.R.H. says

I loved growing up in a winter climate (western Canada). I’ve lived in Australia and Florida, and while they’re both beautiful and you never have to wear much, they don’t offer the kind of fun, outdoor activities that winter allows. I feel blessed for having been able to ride in horse-drawn sleighs with clear night skies and Northern Lights overhead, ski and snowmobile in the beautiful Rocky Mountains, have outdoor skating parties with hot dog roasts on a camp fire. Winter was often a burden but the special things it offered up as a trade off were mostly worth the tingling fingers and toes.