Bullying | Gareth Thomas | Gay Youth | News | Rugby | Sports

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Rugby Legend Gareth Thomas Says 'It Gets Better'

Thomas

Rugby legend Gareth Thomas talks about finding a way out of the lowest points of his life in his "It Gets Better" video, and says that the path out was living his truth.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Wow. Great telling of his personal truth. This guy is a gem! Thank you Gareth Thomas! Who knows how many lives this will touch!
    Simply brilliant-and thanks Dan Savage for making this possible!

Posted by: kodiak | Jan 6, 2011 8:25:58 AM

2. I hope he realizes how much good he's doing in the world.

And I hope that he is one of the benefactors of all the decency and kindness he's brought to the world.

He's just lovely, inside and out. When he meets the man worthy of him it'll be a good day.

Posted by: yonkersconquers | Jan 6, 2011 8:57:30 AM

3. My heart goes out for his wife too, and all the wives of closeted gay men.

Posted by: Adrian | Jan 6, 2011 9:49:59 AM

4. First time I've seen this cool purple T-shirt with the yellow G.

Can Andy or any of his readers tell us more about it? Origin, availability, etc.

Posted by: Tony | Jan 6, 2011 11:06:48 AM

5. Yes, Kodiak, he is a gem.

It nauseates me that Mickey Rourke is apparently going to portray him in some sort of biographical documentary.

Posted by: Jack | Jan 6, 2011 11:12:36 AM

6. @ MarkDC: I think your homophobia wrote something in your name and you didn’t even notice.

Posted by: Lexxvs | Jan 6, 2011 3:04:31 PM

7. Uh... would that "compulsory cultural identity" include the making of It Gets Better videos???

Posted by: BobN | Jan 6, 2011 4:23:39 PM

8. The reason the dude is normal is because he's NOT from the US gay community. He's just a man from Wales and who he fucks or "sleeps with" is of no concern or of no need to ponder and arm chair theorize.

Posted by: Tom | Jan 6, 2011 5:37:06 PM

9. @markdc Speak for your awkward boxed in self! There are plenty of men out there including myself who are doing just fine freely liking what we and who we like.

Second, you're doing a very good job of defining Gareth, a person you don't even know by extrapolation of your own fantasies onto what you THINK he should be.

YOU STOP SWALLOWING BY CEASING TO ASSIGN YOUR SELF HATING IDENTITY UPON OTHERS!

Posted by: NT | Jan 6, 2011 5:50:07 PM

10. Classic gayface, the nose and wonky eyes are a dead giveaway.

Posted by: Ron | Jan 6, 2011 7:58:59 PM

11. @Jack I agree!
    I can't believe Mickey O'Rourke is playing him, such disgusting man

Posted by: Alexandre | Jan 9, 2011 6:12:56 AM