News

Concern for News Anchor Following Garbled Grammy Delivery

Branson

Concerns are being expressed this morning following a garbled Grammy delivery by Los Angeles CBS2 news reporter Serene Branson. While many on social networking sites instantly mocked her nonsensical intro to a segment, many others are concerned that Branson's on-air stumble could have much more serious implications, such as a stroke or some similar condition.

Reports are that Branson is in the hospital for tests. Best wishes for her health.

Watch the clip, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. wow - does sound like she had some kind of brain wire short circuit.

Posted by: Disgusted American | Feb 14, 2011 8:31:08 AM

2. She doesn't seem to have lost any ability to move her lips, and the rest of her face didn't droop, but damn that does sound like a stroke. Poor dear, I hope she's doing well.

Posted by: Chris | Feb 14, 2011 8:48:40 AM

3. Definitely not something to joke about. I'm glad people around her realized she might need medical attention and didn't immediately jump to the conclusion that she was high.

Posted by: K | Feb 14, 2011 9:45:19 AM

4. Thats scary as hell. I have known a young woman who had the exact same symptoms and it was indeed a stroke. The quicker they got her to the ER the better for her chances of recovery.

Posted by: princely54 | Feb 14, 2011 9:56:16 AM

5. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aphasia

Posted by: JJ | Feb 14, 2011 10:16:36 AM

6. If not a full-on stroke then most certainly a Transient Ischemic Attack.

VERY serious!

I hope she got medical care very quickly and that she is doing well.

Posted by: TampaZeke | Feb 14, 2011 10:18:13 AM

7. Andy, keep us updated - I'm curious to know how she's doing / if it was, in fact, a stroke

Posted by: KyanPepper | Feb 14, 2011 10:43:02 AM

8. I don't know... if you pay attention to the muscles she contracts while forming her words, her mouth does appear to favor the left side, like it doesn't want to cooperate... either way, I really do hope that she was just very tongue-tied, and that a more serious condition isn't the root of the issue. If I prayed, she'd be the subject.

Posted by: Patrick | Feb 14, 2011 10:44:29 AM

9. Poor thing. I hope she's OK.

Posted by: gwyneth cornrow | Feb 14, 2011 11:38:21 AM

10. I thought she was talking with a British accent.

Posted by: Chris in Irvine | Feb 14, 2011 12:06:29 PM

11. Let us know that she is OK.

Posted by: dc20008 | Feb 14, 2011 12:19:43 PM

12. When I was watching that I thought to myself "she sounds like she is having a stroke."

I had a stroke two years ago and I was around her age and that was the first thing that affected me during my stroke.

I hope that is not the case. .

Posted by: Scott | Feb 14, 2011 2:06:43 PM

13. She's lucky to have been on air with people paying attention.

Posted by: BobN | Feb 14, 2011 3:02:56 PM

14. whoa

Posted by: ACe | Feb 14, 2011 4:50:08 PM

15. EVERYONE should have his or her blood pressure checked regularly and TAKE YOUR MEDICATION if you are prescribed any to lower it. Not that high blood pressure is necessarily the cause here, but it can cause strokes and transient ischemic attacks in YOUNGER people who otherwise appear perfectly healthy and well.

Posted by: Buster | Feb 15, 2011 1:25:04 AM