Bullying | Gayle King | Lady Gaga | News

Watch: Gayle King Tries to Shock Lady Gaga by Greeting Her in a One-Piece Spanx, Fishnets, and Pumps

King

Lady Gaga looks understandably perplexed when she is greeted by the sight of Gayle King trying to "out-Gaga" her.

Gaga tells King during the interview that she's putting out two videos for "Born This Way", and proceeds from one of the videos is going to an anti-bullying charity.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Gking

Here's the full interview (audio):

Comments

1. "proceeds"
    the most flexible word in the English Language.
    It can mean "profit"
    It can mean percentage of the "profit"
    Not sayin' Gaga's hiding anything or playing; but why don't producers simply commit to an actual percentage of the price, or even a number...
    Far too facile a term; too readily used for obfuscation..
    oops! I tripped on my soapbox....

Posted by: Kile Ozier | Feb 24, 2011 7:34:05 PM

2. darn it cant see it!!!!! just because ah aint american??!!!oprah!!!!!!!!

Posted by: sal | Feb 24, 2011 7:34:16 PM

3. I wonder what Gaga is spending her Target money on? What a fraud!

Posted by: PDX Guy | Feb 24, 2011 7:46:16 PM

4. Gaga is the real deal. Good for her!

Posted by: mike128 | Feb 24, 2011 7:51:24 PM

5. lord some of you are cynics. can't someone do ANYTHING without it being ripped apart by people who have probably not done half the amount of good in the world as this woman has? who cares how much money she gets from target. i mean, she came to the equality march in dc and spoke to thousands of people about marriage equality when she didnt have to. she leant her name and voice to the repeal of DADT when she didnt have to. she joined forces with MAC cosmetics to help raise awarness and money for hiv prevention when she didnt have to. she helped raise 500 thousand for haiti, she teamed up with virgin mobile to get people to volunteer 30,000 hours of commuinty service and raised 80 thousand for homeless lgbt youth. maybe she made a buck off it all but that does mean that she is a fraud? do you call george clooney a fraud for the attention he has gotten for the crisis in the sudan? do you call angelina jolie a fraud for the work she does for the unhrc? was audrey hepburn a fraud for her involvement with unicef? you know who are frauds... george bush, the kardashians, and people who sit around ripping apart the power of good that can come from celebrity.

Posted by: Sean | Feb 24, 2011 8:35:06 PM

6. Here, here Sean. If this was Huffpo, I'da fanned & fav'd ya.

Posted by: Kenn | Feb 24, 2011 8:44:15 PM

7. PDX, I am waiting for you to tell us exactly what you do to help other people. Please give us the list.

Posted by: RT | Feb 24, 2011 9:01:03 PM

8. I second (third?) what Sean said so well above. If you don't like Gaga's music or her fashion choices, you're entitled. But I think it is ridiculous to rip someone apart when they've done more good with their celebrity than you've done with your jealous, bitchy mouth.

Posted by: Joseph L | Feb 24, 2011 9:01:32 PM

9. Amen Sean. Very nicely put!

Posted by: troy | Feb 24, 2011 9:19:50 PM

10. AMEN Sean!!

Posted by: Derek | Feb 24, 2011 9:30:22 PM

11. She is simply the best! Lady GaGa is an incredible woman who is not only the most talented artist in music today, but the most intelligent and caring as well. Thank-you Mrs. GaGa! We love you!

Posted by: Dr. Christopher Blackwell | Feb 24, 2011 10:09:37 PM

12. Amen, Sean, and Amen, Joseph L.

Posted by: JOE 2 | Feb 24, 2011 10:48:19 PM

13. Yeah the trash has done a lot with her celebrity status. However assholes, she decided to make her life public and deserves the kudos and criticism that comes with it. Don't ask others to publicize their life and work.

Posted by: TJ | Feb 24, 2011 10:56:34 PM

14. Another nod to Sean from me.

Posted by: Anonymouse | Feb 24, 2011 11:06:38 PM

15. Sick of the Lady Gaga haters. Just grow the hell up, seriously.

Posted by: PriceCut | Feb 24, 2011 11:13:45 PM

16. This sh*t is getting real old fast.

Posted by: ratbastard | Feb 24, 2011 11:56:49 PM

17. Wow, I struck the sacred cow didn't I?

Ok, while I don't have near the resources or audience she does, I do stick to my principles.

My workplace offers the opportunity to donate a portion of your paycheck to causes you can personally select. Every year, I sign up to donate what I can.

And when Target has been trying to get me back to their stores with discounts, etc., I have declined because of their actions and refusal to be accountable for them.

And Sean, if any of those others(Clooney, etc.) had accepted money from someone who was directly working against those causes they were supporting, then they would be frauds too just like Gaga. When Target knocked at her door offering her cash, she should have said NO! She even admitted that she knew Target was homophobic but they promised to be more "thoughtful" in the future, so she decided then it was OK, which is a bunch of crap. If you are a true advocate, you do not work with the "enemy" ever or you have to question their motives.

Posted by: PDX Guy | Feb 25, 2011 12:24:57 AM

18. she needs to really shock people by ditching the schtick at least once and dressing plainly while performing

Gosh, I'm about to use jake spears of all people to diss on gaga of all people

he said something like you can only wear a pink flamingo /monkey...something on your head so many times before it gets old

UGH I can't believe I just did that

Posted by: mstrozfckslv@yahoo.com | Feb 25, 2011 1:06:51 AM

19. Wonderful, That is the same way I feel about some of you when it comes to your nastiness of the President!

Posted by: Chris DaChocolatebearcub | Feb 25, 2011 1:22:20 AM

20. She's weird and yet boring at the same time. I still don't understand what people like about her music or her personality. Yeah, I mean she's nice and works for good causes but her music and her personality are so blah.

Posted by: KD | Feb 25, 2011 3:09:39 AM

21. Is this another one of Lady Gaga's fly-by-night charities like Virgin Mobile and Gaga for Haiti (no accountability at all on that one!). Or one of those charities that says it gives 100% to causes but only gives 10%, like Mac?

Remember, don't contribute to any charity unless it has a good record.

Posted by: Natira | Feb 25, 2011 4:13:48 AM

22. Hear! Hear! Sean; good point.

Posted by: Kile Ozier | Feb 25, 2011 5:12:43 AM

23. PDX GUY: so target, as a company can never learn from its mistakes? seems awfully unforgiving, but that is your choice not mine. i still don't shop at target, but i believe that the humans who make the business and political decisions at that company can change for the better. and maybe lady gaga will bring in enough money for them to see that the gays are worth fighting for. sometimes being a true advocate means showing the enemy what they did wrong, why it was wrong, and how to make it better. again, just my opinion.

EVERYONE ELSE WHO HAS SOMETHING BITCHY TO SAY ABOUT GAGA: fine, you dont like her clothes. fine, you think she has no talent. fine you think that she rips off madonna. fine you think... whatever else it is you think. to me, all of that to me seems shallow and beside the point. all i know is that we as gay people complain that our society doesn't give us equal rights or treat us with respect... and then here we have straight person doing not only that, but embracing us and bringing awareness to not only our issues but others as well, and all we can do is rip her down because a charity she worked with only gives 10% of the proceeds? isn't 10% better than 0%. i mean maybe i am bad at math. the idea that this woman is the second coming is silly for sure, but to be so dissmissive of what she has done or can do within our culture is simply ignorant.

what i want from this society is to marry my partner, and to be looked at equally in this society, and if gaga gets me even one step closer to that, then she deserves my applause. my sisters called their senators to voice their support for the repeal of DADT because I am their brother and they love me and want eqaul rights for all. my nieces and nephews all called their senators to voice their support for the repeal of DADT because of lady gaga.

oh and another thing PDX GUY, don't flatter yourself that you hit the sacred cow... you didn't. at least not mine anyway. kylie is above the viciousness.

Posted by: Sean | Feb 25, 2011 9:27:19 AM

24. I see Natira is back with the BS again.

Posted by: Anonymouse | Feb 25, 2011 10:48:21 AM

25. Sean, you rock. PDX, you're sad.

Posted by: Derek Pearce | Feb 25, 2011 11:38:39 AM