Lady Gaga | News

BigGayDeal.com

Listen: Lady Gaga's 'Born This Way'

GagaBornThisWay

Many of you have been waiting anxiously to hear "Born This Way," Lady Gaga's first single from her forthcoming album of the same name.

Since I'm a man who aims to please, you can find the just-released track below. It's already being described as a gay anthem -- and for good reason: Gaga gives us plenty of lyrical love -- so you should probably start learning the words.

Listen to "Born This Way," AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Why does Madonna's Express Yourself come to mind when I hear this?

Posted by: LiamB | Feb 11, 2011 8:44:20 AM

2. Bad song and complete ripoff of Madonna's "Express Yourself".

Her Ace Of Base "Don't Turn Around" rip-off was a bit better.

Posted by: Matt | Feb 11, 2011 8:49:24 AM

3. I actually started singing Express Yourself while it was playing.

Posted by: kujhawker | Feb 11, 2011 8:52:36 AM

4. Express Yourself was released 22 years ago, so most of Gaga's fans won't remember it because they weren't born yet.

Recycled music.

Posted by: Natira | Feb 11, 2011 8:58:57 AM

5. omg, she's has bleached hair, what a STEALERRRRRRRR.

Posted by: Bingbo | Feb 11, 2011 8:59:55 AM

6. The only people for whom this could be called a "gay anthem" are male Christian gays, probably the only people delusional enough to find nothing morally amiss about equating their love for their imaginary friend (god) to their love for their boyfriend/husband as Gaga does in the opening of this song.

Posted by: Anonymouse | Feb 11, 2011 9:01:53 AM

7. As I said before, a new gay anthem is born! Upon first listen, you can clearly hear it's a massive massive hit! Nobody can say this one sounds like her other stuff… funk soul dance pop extravaganza. With a little Madonna mixed in. Can't wait to see her blow the Grammy’s up with the live performance.

Posted by: monsteravery | Feb 11, 2011 9:02:38 AM

8. meh. It's a song.
    I'm more curious as to why she appears to be turning into a Klingon in that picture.

Posted by: poison | Feb 11, 2011 9:04:02 AM

9. "As I said before, a new gay anthem is born!"

LMAO!!!

Posted by: Give us a break! | Feb 11, 2011 9:07:44 AM

10. So great to see other posts criticizing this silly, silly song. It does sound recycled, but worse, it sounds like one of those anonymous dance songs performed by no-name singers that we have heard for decades. Andy, please, please, PLEASE -- enough with the Lady GaGa posts. There is no shortage of reading material out there. I expect MUCH MORE from your blog.

Posted by: kirby | Feb 11, 2011 9:09:53 AM

11. Definitely an "Express Yourself" derivative. I might like the lyrics more if this wasn't an over-synthesized dance-pop track.

It's got an appeal as an anthem to a certain set of gays, but not to me. I'll pass on learning the words since the song won't become an "anthem" for me personally. If it rocks your world, fine. It doesn't do much for mine.

Posted by: DR | Feb 11, 2011 9:10:12 AM

12. Put your love to the test.

Posted by: Raul | Feb 11, 2011 9:10:59 AM

13. That's it? Meh. What a boring song.
    It doesn't have a good hook to it like Bad Romance and Alejandro, nor does it sound fresh or new like they did.

Posted by: Chris K | Feb 11, 2011 9:11:48 AM

14. OK you all may not like the song, but keep in mind that this is exposure for the gay community. She is a very popular artist who is sticking up for us. Sure, we give her lots of money, but there are lots of closeted homos giving money to hate churches who do nothing for them, so I considered GaGa a 'return on investment' at least...

Posted by: Alec | Feb 11, 2011 9:13:20 AM

15. Relax bitchy old queens! It's young people's music. Definitely a great gay anthem!!!

Posted by: Ketchuprobot | Feb 11, 2011 9:18:12 AM

16. It's defiantly gonna be a hit. I see this on many soundtracks and being played everywhere.

Posted by: Monamonstrosity | Feb 11, 2011 9:19:56 AM

17. Dancing around in my room at 5:00 am on a Friday morning, love you Gaga. You never let us down and you'll never stop being a voice for us! Love it.

Posted by: Shawn | Feb 11, 2011 9:22:08 AM

18. Alec, while I agree that it's nice to have someone sing about being gay and born that way, it doesn't make it a particularly good song! So again, it just reminds me of why we have to settle for things just because they are directed at us (i.e. civil unions). Just because McDonalds is the best food seller of all time doesn't mean their food is good or full of substance.

Posted by: Jay | Feb 11, 2011 9:23:15 AM

19. ? what are the old queens complaining? something is always wrong with them. LISTEN old hags not everyone is 100yo so fresh music with a new dress works for me. SO GET OVER IT.

Lady GaGa's new gay anthem is awesome...hopefully kids in the south or midwest ...where they are all alone can listen to this song and self empowered themselfves.

Posted by: Bosie | Feb 11, 2011 9:23:22 AM

20. OMG, this song is amazing. It has such a beautiful message! I was born this way, it IS an anthem with an amazing dance beat. It reminds you of Madonna because it has an oldschool sound to it, doesnt mean she is COPYING Madonna, if anything Madonna is pround of GaGa. This song is for anyone who has ever been bullied or hurt. I WAS BORN THIS WAY!

Posted by: aucontraire | Feb 11, 2011 9:24:34 AM

21. It does sound a lot like Madonnas Express Yourself, but hey, it's pop music, it's ALL recycled... Besides, this song is a little more straight forward and I feel picks up where Express Yourself left off (comparable to a sequel).

Posted by: Jarred | Feb 11, 2011 9:25:19 AM

22. This makes me wanna dance! Love it! Thank you Gaga for doing your thang!

Posted by: Mac | Feb 11, 2011 9:27:03 AM

23. Put your paws up little monsters!

Posted by: LoveGAGA | Feb 11, 2011 9:27:04 AM

24. Amazing new GAY anthem!
    This song makes me wanna put on a golden speedo and wrap a pink boa around my neck and go dance at Rage on a saturday night in WeHo. And I'm straight! That's how effective this song is. Lolz.

But seriously, I like it. Not as hard hitting from the get go as "Bad Romance" was, but definitely a grower. And its certainly destined to be EVERYWHERE in a matter of months so best get yourselves ready.

Posted by: Rob | Feb 11, 2011 9:30:24 AM

25. Aucontraire,

stop embarrassing yourself, the song is bad and even young and straight people can see that:

Posted by: TT | Feb 11, 2011 9:32:15 AM