Britney Spears | Music | Music Video | News

Watch: Britney Spears 'Hold It Against Me' Video

Britney

Britney Spears battles a doppleganger in her "Hold It Against Me" video, but the winner in the end, imho, is PlentyofFish.com.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

2_britney

Comments

1. Shitney Smears sucks. Lady Gaga is Queen! Don't be a drag.

Posted by: TANK | Feb 18, 2011 7:43:52 AM

2. It's visually appealing, but I don't think the concept/narrative was fully executed.

Posted by: Bingbo | Feb 18, 2011 7:49:21 AM

3. I hate the quick cuts. They make me nauseous.

Posted by: Brent | Feb 18, 2011 7:58:29 AM

4. To Tank and other CaCa fans...

Britney is a true hot mess. She is living, breathing performance art that is not contrived.

She isn't a Grace Jones wannabe.
    She isn't a Madonna ripoff.
    She isn't trying to shock.

She's a hillbilly gone wild and I love her for it.

Posted by: The Grinch | Feb 18, 2011 8:01:32 AM

5. Now I have a strange feeling to buy a Sony then go kick some ass...

Posted by: tc in nyc | Feb 18, 2011 8:36:11 AM

6. Lord please tell me that when I remember a driven, engaged performer from 10 years ago that I was not hallucinating? The only other time I've seen someone that bored in a music video ... Was ... When?

Posted by: Namedjames | Feb 18, 2011 8:43:35 AM

7. I am so sick of Britney's lesbian shtick. She does it to appeal to the sleazy straight guy fantasy and not for the purpose of gay-friendliness.

Note how she refuses to put male-male action in her music videos. Nuff said.

Posted by: brian | Feb 18, 2011 9:05:39 AM

8. I've never liked this girl or her music. Talk about manufactured. However, I just kind of feel bad for her in a way now. She really has no control. She can't control her own money, and she can't make her own decisions legally. How frustrating for her. I'd be both bored and angry.

Posted by: MatthewCA81 | Feb 18, 2011 9:25:59 AM

9. Meh. She's no Lady Gaga when it comes to producing amazing music videos ... And Brit's live performances? Will she ever sing live?

Posted by: PriceCut | Feb 18, 2011 9:31:07 AM

10. I don't get it--did she just become the black swan?

Posted by: alainmr | Feb 18, 2011 9:48:22 AM

11. There is just so much going on. So much going on to distract you from the fact that she's fat, out of shape, and ageing horribly. Her white trash is catching up with her. :-/

Posted by: RafiD'Angelo | Feb 18, 2011 10:15:56 AM

12. I wish I could say I liked it but it is just irritating.

Posted by: Brent | Feb 18, 2011 10:24:58 AM

13. Is it me or does she look bored, overweight and heavy? Not a single spark on her eyes...

Posted by: Eric | Feb 18, 2011 11:00:05 AM

14. I had intended to view this with a open mine and try to decide if I liked it or not.Then I see the catty, mean spirited judgements being cast on this poor girl, that has put herself out there since she was wearing braces, just to be constantly at the mercy critics that couldn't personally come up with a fraction of the talent and moxie this girl keeps emoting. It doesn't matter anymore to me how this comes off, as I have alot of respect for Brit, and a renewed loathing of all you mean and spitefull, untalented,& arrogant queens. There I said it.

Posted by: booka | Feb 18, 2011 12:20:15 PM

15. This is a really fun and catchy song. The video is random. It doesn't really fit with any of the lyrics. It's like they said "hey lets make a high production value video with a lot of cool lights, special effects, and quick cuts." Overall I liked it. For all the haters above Britney is not fat. She's never been model thin, she's always had meat on her bones. She looks like a REAL woman. She's also one of the most successful female artists in music history.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Feb 18, 2011 12:37:08 PM

16. I like Britney. And when I say that, I know I'm saying I like her management team and all her handlers because we know this girl doesn't make any creative decisions on her own. She shows up, reads the words on the paper, and leaves.

With that said -- the music and the video are fun.

Posted by: Chuy | Feb 18, 2011 1:47:23 PM

17. I love when people put the words "Britney" and "talent" in the same sentence. Makes my heart smile.

Posted by: RafiD'Angelo | Feb 18, 2011 1:47:24 PM

18. People love criticizing Britney. Meanwhile, Gaga sneaks off with millions, as the product of calculating biz execs exploiting the LGBT civil rights movement.

Posted by: Eric | Feb 18, 2011 2:21:19 PM

19. The most conviction and best dancing I have seen from her in years. Thumbs up!

Posted by: Gary | Feb 18, 2011 2:34:24 PM

20. @Brian I Guess I missed all the lesbian scenes in the video that you're so up-in-arms about.

Why do her videos need to be full of guy on guy action in the first place? She's not a gay male.

I wish the gay community would stop thinking that every artist has to pander specifically to their needs, just because Lady GaGa is making millions off of us.

Posted by: Jake Ryan | Feb 18, 2011 3:20:51 PM

21. She looks good. She's dancing. Video is entertaining. I dig the song. That's all I ask for. Welcome back B. <3

Posted by: TopherM | Feb 18, 2011 4:55:38 PM

22. I thoroughly enjoyed it. A great video to accompany a great song. Good job Britney! Well done.

Posted by: James | Feb 18, 2011 5:16:23 PM

23. Didnt this chick shave her head 3 yrs ago? How long does it take to grow back?!! Good gaws...the weave is a hot mess. I get the distinct impression she is beyond drugged up (Rx kind) and just kinda walks and lives in a fog. She is a puppet if ever there was one. So sad.

Posted by: Tagg | Feb 18, 2011 6:19:50 PM

24. Half good- half crap - they threw everything but the kitchen sink into this thing( what the hell did the fighting have to do with anything?) but the boys were cute and some of the visuals exciting.

Posted by: jaragon | Feb 18, 2011 7:05:48 PM

25. American pop becomes Eurotrance. Who would have thought?

Posted by: Brion | Feb 19, 2011 2:24:49 AM