Christine O'Donnell | Kathy Griffin | News | Sarah Palin | Tea Party | Teabagger

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Kathy Griffin's Turn as a Christine O'Donnell-Sarah Palin Anti-Gay Teabagger Hybrid on 'Glee'

Teabagger_griffin

Also, on last night's Glee, in addition to the gay kiss, was Kathy Griffin as former Tea Party candidate Tammy Jean Albertson, brought in to judge the regional show choir competition.

Griffin drew on Sarah Palin and Christine O'Donnell in her depiction.

Said Griffin's character, who reveals that she lost her last election and "twittered" that "Obama is a terrorist": "Before we begin, I would just like to say, I am not a witch."

When the judges discuss Kurt and Blaine's duet, Griffin's character snips: "Well, boys shouldn't do a duet. The last thing we need to do is send a message to children that 'gay is okay.' It is not a legitimate lifestyle, and last time I checked, it's not in the Constitution."

Watch the clip, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I sorta like Kathy, but she should stick to stand-up, her acting was pretty bad.

Posted by: Name: | Mar 16, 2011 10:24:20 AM

2. Mis Quote
    She said "Obama IS a terrorist" not "is NOT a terrorist"

Posted by: Erstegeiger | Mar 16, 2011 10:29:04 AM

3. Thank goodness GLEE is getting campy again...

The shrill, nutty Sue Sylvester greasy hair jokes are just tired.

Next, please let someone besides, Rachel, sing!

Posted by: Pete n SFO | Mar 16, 2011 10:42:38 AM

4. I thought she was funny. It's a television show - you can only go so far...

Posted by: mike128 | Mar 16, 2011 10:57:59 AM

5. Continuing the trend: The video links are deleted or blocked. In this case, it's Hulu forcing us to go there to see this image. Sucks!

Posted by: Christopher | Mar 16, 2011 11:24:10 AM

6. I love Kathy but the character was written ridiculously and so arch there was no reality to it whatsoever (okay, it's GLEE but still...) and she played it without an ounce of her usual charm which would have gone a long way into making something other than an overt cartoon character. Still, watching Loretta Divine take a cartoon character of the ex-stripper/nun and bring it to life was worth the scene.

Posted by: BartB | Mar 16, 2011 12:52:27 PM

7. Kathy is not a great actress, but she wasn't given good writing to work with either, so the result can't be blamed entirely on her.

Posted by: EI | Mar 16, 2011 12:58:15 PM

8. Most of the episode was pretty good, but her bit was not funny.. it was forced and just kinda creepy

Posted by: Jay | Mar 16, 2011 1:14:03 PM

9. She just wasn't funny, while I understood the 'jokes' (as a foreigner watching Glee), I don't think the jokes travelled well either. I'd expected some sort of riotous comedy. Mind you Glee is dragging a bit...

The best laugh for me can when Sue punched out the lights of the drunken LtGov's wife (who looked like Marilyn Quayle/Pat Nixon) - wondered who it was a spoof of? Any ideas?

Posted by: Sean R | Mar 16, 2011 1:15:13 PM

10. I thought she was funny, and actually I know a few people that are pretty much on that character's level (I live in Sarah Palin's "real america" where people believe the Obama is a muslim etc things as if they were facts in Encyclopedia Brittanica)

Posted by: madm@ | Mar 16, 2011 2:18:22 PM

11. "pretty bad", "ridiculous", "wasn't given good writing to work with", "was not funny", "it was forced", "Just kinda creepy", "wasn't funny"....dudes don't you understand the cultural divide that they are portraying here? I believe your critique of Kathy describes the Palins of this world totally. Glee and Kathy hit the nail on the head. Wake up guys...and make sure you vote, those idiots represented here do.

Posted by: Rick | Mar 16, 2011 5:21:01 PM

12. I thought this part was one of the best in Glee history, and definitely the episode.

I can't believe they actually went there! Let's all remember this show airs on FOX!

Anyway, that's the glee I love - slightly surreal, irreverent and envelope-pushing!

Posted by: James | Mar 16, 2011 7:27:32 PM

13. Boycott Hulu and their bad PR. They constantly delete videos.

Posted by: Gale Chester Whittington | Mar 17, 2011 4:58:37 AM

14. Kathy Griffin is awesome!

Posted by: Pelé | Mar 17, 2011 9:32:38 AM