DOMA | John Hagee | News

Watch: Pastor John Hagee Discovers YouTube, Posts Rant Warning DOMA Repeal Will Lead to Polygamy

Hagee

Right Wing Watch points us to a new YouTube channel started by Pastor John Hagee, the pastor John McCain was forced to cut ties with during the 2008 election.

Hagee, you may recall, gave a sermon in 1990 that says Hitler acted on God's behalf in "hunting" the Jews so that they might establish Israel, and has made disparaging remarks about Catholics (for which he apologized) and has also said that gay sin was responsible for Hurricane Katrina.

He's also Newt Gingrich's new BFF.

So the content of one of his first clips really comes as no surprise; that the repeal of DOMA will lead to polygamy.

Watch Hagee's DOMA rant, AFTER THE JUMP...

Another video from Hagee warns that "political correctness" is preventing the U.S. from the necessity of profiling Muslims.

Comments

1. Look closely.

That is the face of terrorism.

Posted by: AllBeefPatty | Mar 17, 2011 5:41:40 PM

2. Who is he kidding with those books behind him?

Posted by: Andrew | Mar 17, 2011 5:57:13 PM

3. I've said it before, but I think guys like these are exactly what we need in order to sway the moderates who are capable of thinking on their own. I refuse to believe that any free-thinking, rational person could believe (or even follow, perhaps) this guy's logic.

Posted by: Austin | Mar 17, 2011 6:00:13 PM

4. I'm confused - the Mormons in Utah are polygamists and they don't allow same-sex marriages so......huh?

Posted by: Steve | Mar 17, 2011 6:02:54 PM

5. his own fairytale book promotes polygamy

Posted by: mstrozfckslv@yahoo.com | Mar 17, 2011 6:03:00 PM

6. I hope his ladder breaks.

Posted by: Brian | Mar 17, 2011 6:09:06 PM

7. I am pretty sure the comments on YouTube won't be very supportive. I wonder if this will be a wake-up call for him.

Posted by: Charlie | Mar 17, 2011 8:56:49 PM

8. We already have legal polygamy - it's called serial polygamy. Newt Gingrich is a serial polygamist, so was Reagan, and so are lots of politicians and ministers and ordinary people in this country. And I suspect that some of the most prominent Mormon leaders and politicians would not have been born were it not for the polygamist marriages of their ancestors.

Posted by: John Patrick | Mar 17, 2011 9:40:03 PM

9. Idiot. He conveniently doesn't address the fact that polygamy was illegal in the US before DOMA and would continue to be after DOMA is repealed. Christians are such intellectual morons...

Posted by: Robert In WeHo | Mar 17, 2011 10:41:13 PM

10. Why don't these hatefully overweight southern preachers ever give any sermons on gluttony?

Posted by: johnny | Mar 18, 2011 12:22:44 AM

11. You'll notice he has that calculator close at hand to total up all the checks that will pour in from his rant to save the nation and society at large from its certain destruction.

Posted by: Randy | Mar 18, 2011 2:05:35 AM

12. Click on that YOU TUBE VIDEO and FLAG IT for REMOVAL!

Posted by: John | Mar 18, 2011 12:55:21 PM

13. I want to preface this response with that it is only about what is truly occurring. I am not taking a side or offering judgement. I am a proud Canadian who was ecstatic at our achievement is legalizing gay marriage nationally. It did not cause chaos nor has the world ended. But the same constitutional arguments used to legalize same sex marriage are now being used by a polygamist organization to defend their right to legalized polygamy. I again want to state, I am not offering my opinion on whether it is ethical or appropriate to legalize polygamy, I am just stating where it is at here. I also need to say that I think legalizing gay marriage was the absolute right thing to do. It does open up the dialogue of what a 'marriage' is. I hope as proud Americans, you too will have the right to marry and I truly believe it will happen for you.
    Only a comment