Comments

1. says

I’ve said it before, but I think guys like these are exactly what we need in order to sway the moderates who are capable of thinking on their own. I refuse to believe that any free-thinking, rational person could believe (or even follow, perhaps) this guy’s logic.

2. Steve says

I’m confused – the Mormons in Utah are polygamists and they don’t allow same-sex marriages so……huh?

3. Charlie says

I am pretty sure the comments on YouTube won’t be very supportive. I wonder if this will be a wake-up call for him.

4. John Patrick says

We already have legal polygamy – it’s called serial polygamy. Newt Gingrich is a serial polygamist, so was Reagan, and so are lots of politicians and ministers and ordinary people in this country. And I suspect that some of the most prominent Mormon leaders and politicians would not have been born were it not for the polygamist marriages of their ancestors.

5. Robert In WeHo says

Idiot. He conveniently doesn’t address the fact that polygamy was illegal in the US before DOMA and would continue to be after DOMA is repealed. Christians are such intellectual morons…

6. johnny says

Why don’t these hatefully overweight southern preachers ever give any sermons on gluttony?

7. Randy says

You’ll notice he has that calculator close at hand to total up all the checks that will pour in from his rant to save the nation and society at large from its certain destruction.

8. steve says

I want to preface this response with that it is only about what is truly occurring. I am not taking a side or offering judgement. I am a proud Canadian who was ecstatic at our achievement is legalizing gay marriage nationally. It did not cause chaos nor has the world ended. But the same constitutional arguments used to legalize same sex marriage are now being used by a polygamist organization to defend their right to legalized polygamy. I again want to state, I am not offering my opinion on whether it is ethical or appropriate to legalize polygamy, I am just stating where it is at here. I also need to say that I think legalizing gay marriage was the absolute right thing to do. It does open up the dialogue of what a ‘marriage’ is. I hope as proud Americans, you too will have the right to marry and I truly believe it will happen for you.
    Only a comment