Ethan Hawke | Gay Marriage | New York | News

Watch: Ethan Hawke and His Wife Ryan Speak Out for Marriage Equality

Hawke

Ethan Hawke and his wife Ryan are the latest high-profile New Yorkers to record a video urging the state to pass marriage equality.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Always loved Ethan. One of the last great Texas gentlemen. Wife looks gorgeous & classy too.

Posted by: Dback | Mar 14, 2011 10:30:41 AM

2. Ethan Hawke a gentleman? Hardly. He almost ran over me near 23rd and 5th pushing one of those ginormous baby carriages and had the gall to glare at me as if he owned the sidewalk. I would've kicked over that baby hummer if he hadn't swerved out of my way.

Posted by: Bading | Mar 14, 2011 11:08:28 AM

3. If only Mr. HAWKE had run over BADING. We'd have one less shithead in this world.

Posted by: TANK | Mar 14, 2011 11:11:40 AM

4. Sweet Christ he looks rough. I think Ethan should ease up on the vitamins.

Posted by: Dan | Mar 14, 2011 11:24:17 AM

5. Everyone here knows Tank is a skank so I won't even dignify him with a direct reply.

Posted by: Bading | Mar 14, 2011 11:33:09 AM

6. You just did. LOL.

Posted by: TANK | Mar 14, 2011 11:35:34 AM

7. Oh my god! That is Ethan Hawke? I almost didn't recognize when I saw the picture! He has aged a lot since I last a saw a then recent picture of him!

I also didn't know that he had married since his divorce from Uma Thurman.

By the way,here we go again! Another straight celeb exploiting us by jumping on the bandwagon.Instead of education educating the public on homosexuality,we make it all superficial by getting celebrities to change people's attitudes towards us homosexuals.Oh yeah! I'll support gays now because Ethan Hawke does so!

Posted by: J | Mar 14, 2011 1:30:31 PM

8. @BADING,

So the Hawkes are Greenwich Village beautiful people?

Posted by: ratbastard | Mar 14, 2011 1:34:47 PM

9. Yeah, he looks suspiciously like Josh Brolin in that still.

Posted by: Matt Connolly | Mar 14, 2011 4:26:42 PM

10. I love Ethan Hawke...

But the fact that this straight guy who divorced his first wife because he cheated on her isn't exactly going to sway any bigots. I wonder if all these celebrities are gung ho about their marriage equality videos because queers are so pathetically unable and unwilling to stand up for themselves?

Posted by: PinkoCommie | Mar 14, 2011 4:40:22 PM

11. Team UMA.

Posted by: Steven | Mar 14, 2011 4:54:49 PM

12. He's one of my fave Gen-X actor. His character in Dead Poet's reminded me so much of myself & I've seen Reality Bites so many times. Before Sunrise & Before Sunset are also classics & I hope they make a third one in a few years. Not surprised he supports us but happy he spoke out.

Posted by: scar2 | Mar 14, 2011 6:02:11 PM

13. Tank, 23rd and 5th is the Flatiron District, not the West Village.

Posted by: Bading | Mar 14, 2011 9:35:44 PM

14. Why is a man who divorced his wife and then married his Nanny (Ryan "Hawke") advocating for marriage rights? The man obviously has no idea what the institution of marriage actually is. FAIL.

Posted by: Nobody | Mar 14, 2011 10:30:19 PM

15. @bading,

I AM NOT 'Tank', and referred to the village because it's my understanding he and his wife live there, or did.

Posted by: ratbastard | Mar 15, 2011 2:14:34 AM

16. He hurt Uma by cheating on her and is now married to his servant. Charming.

Posted by: Gabe R L | Mar 15, 2011 9:56:45 AM