Robert Pattinson on the Pressures of Being a Shirtless Sex Object

The Twilight star sounds off on a variety of topics in a new EW cover story, among them the physical requirements demanded of a Hollywood leading vampire.

PattinsonEW: And after you do press for Elephants you’re going straight into David Cronenburgs Cosmopolis?

Pattinson: Yes, I’m so excited, and I’m freaking out. I have no prep time, and it’s a Don DeLillo book with semi-obscure dialogue, and I have to change my body shape quite a bit. I’m playing one of those masters-of-the-universe types, and I have to have about 6 percent body fat… which means I need to lose about 70 percent. [Laughs]

EW: So its gym time.

Pattinson: If I could just cut out beer, that’s my one thing. At the beginning of [Breaking Dawn] I had to be really buff because I had to have my shirt off. And when I start [getting fit], I just go crazy about it. It’s like the only thing I can talk about to anyone. So I was like, “I’m going to keep this up the whole time, so for whatever movie I do afterwards I’m going to be so buff.” And then literally one day after my last shirt off scene I started being all [mimics eating voraciously] nom, nom, nom. And I didn’t realise I had one more [shirt off] scene, and you can see it in one of them- I’m clearly [exaggeratedly sucks in his stomach and cheeks].

(via robert pattinson life)

Comments

1. Drew says

It’s so odd that none of the Twilight cast is sexually appealing in any way. All the male leads have nice looking physiques, but I never even look twice at their shirtless pics, etc.

2. Brian in Texas says

Robert Pattinson as well as Taylor are attractive. Might not be everyone’s “type”, but they both have great physical qualities.

3. Bryan says

I just love to read what celebrities say they when they talk to themselves about themselves. It’s like an infinite series of mirrors-in-mirrors reflections in a toilet.

Oh well… You’re so very striking Bobbie. Tell me more about what you think of the thoughts you have about you thinking about you with your shirt off.

After that, I’d like to hear what your hair thinks of itself – a reasonable question given that it’s clear it’s the hair that’s talking.

4. testington says

He doesn’t really even have a good body. I saw the second movie and he just looked like a scrawny dude that they used body make-up to paint abs on. Also he isn’t a very good actor at all, I hope he goes away when Twilight is done.

5. Bob R says

I don’t understand the attraction. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder and there is a lot of latitude given to twinks, but I always found this kid ugly. In addition he doesn’t have a good build or an abundance of talent. I wish him well. Maybe he’ll get better looking with age.

6. says

He is attractive- not all attraction comes from Hollywood Ken Doll parameters- plus he’s very witty and smart- which makes him even more desirable.

Different strokes for different folks, folks!

7. Jeffrey Dunivant says

He is good looking, but he has to fix his teeth; that is my only criticism.