Daniel Craig | Judi Dench

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Daniel Craig Dons Drag For Women's Equality

CraigDrag

In honor of tomorrow's International Women's Day, actor Daniel Craig appears as character James Bond -- and then as Bond in drag -- for a two-minute video that highlights the plights women face daily, such as unequal pay, lack of access to education and the increased risk of domestic violence.

Hats -- or is it wigs? -- off to Craig for helping raise awareness of this event. And if you weren't sure, yes, that is Dame Judi Dench doing the narration.

See how Craig looks as a lady, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Meh. Just wear a square cut swimsuit, please.

Posted by: The Milkman | Mar 7, 2011 12:49:55 PM

2. I found this fascinating and profoundly moving. Judi Dench's voice combined with Daniel Craig's unwavering stare make this an extraordinary and persuasive campaign for issues regarding the equality of women in society. Bravo.

Posted by: michael | Mar 7, 2011 12:59:00 PM

3. Excellent. This guy is awesome. James Bond is the epitome of masculinity, this really grabs attention and gets the point across. I like that he stays serious even when in drag, because the message is important. This issue doesn't get enough attention considering how many people it impacts.

Posted by: Wes | Mar 7, 2011 1:50:20 PM

4. the message hits hard and chillingly AND daniel craig looks fetching in diane von furstenberg.

Posted by: alguien | Mar 7, 2011 1:55:35 PM

5. I'll agree with The Milkman that Daniel Craig looks his best in as little clothing as possible. But whether he looks good or not obviously isn't the point here: it's a fascinating and thought-provoking ad, and good on him for doing it.

Posted by: Craig | Mar 7, 2011 2:10:09 PM

6. I reject this. Please return Daniel Craig to his natural state please -- wearing a small piece of fabric with his body wet and glistening and wind blowing back his hair.

Posted by: Gregoire | Mar 7, 2011 2:10:32 PM

7. Kinda resembles Julie Andrews a bit to me

Posted by: Brian | Mar 7, 2011 2:38:12 PM

8. I'm sorry but that ruins Daniel Craig for me.

Of course women are paid less at work. They have to cook and clean at home and so are less productive at work than men. You see, it really is fair once you look into it.

Posted by: Teapot Tempest | Mar 7, 2011 4:10:39 PM

9. Hehheh, looks just like one of my former (possibly lesbian) English teachers back in High School during the 70's.

I have to do all the cooking and cleaning at home, does that make me less of a man? ...Or less productive at work?

Posted by: Ted B. (Charging Rhino) | Mar 7, 2011 4:43:15 PM

10. great ad.

He reminded me of Glenn Close, for some reason.

Posted by: hugo | Mar 7, 2011 6:03:36 PM

11. He looks good as either sex - they really should do this drag bit for the next Bond movie.

Posted by: jaragon | Mar 7, 2011 6:29:09 PM

12. Daniel Craig can wear whatever the hell he wants, as long as he sits on my face.

Posted by: RJ | Mar 7, 2011 9:50:37 PM

13. British PSA's are typically much more thoughtful and hard-hitting than the ones we see here. This one obviously wasn't graphic, but many are.

Posted by: Randy | Mar 7, 2011 11:37:54 PM

14. It's Bernadette, from 'Priscilla, Queen of the Desert!'
    Still...a powerful message, well done.

^^X^^

Posted by: Bruce Wayne | Mar 8, 2011 2:42:16 AM

15. Ermm....I think we gays shouldn't be too applauding to Daniel Craig.I remembered when he was shooting Bond he complained about gays,he said something like gay guys come over me like a rash.I remembered that very well.

Posted by: J | Mar 8, 2011 10:08:46 AM

16. Daniel Craig looks even hot in drag.

Posted by: Dawnell_do | Mar 9, 2011 9:31:51 AM