Courteney Cox | David Arquette | Grindr | News

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Courteney Cox Thought David Arquette was Gay After Discovering Grindr in Her iTunes

Cox

Courteney Cox told Jimmy Kimmel that she thought that David Arquette was gay because she discovered Grindr had been downloaded in iTunes, and after researching it, conducted a short investigation.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Um, I don't think it was her assistant. Grinder isn't a free app...

Posted by: Robert In WeHo | Apr 19, 2011 8:53:46 PM

2. I think you missed it, but she said her assistant downloaded the app on her account, not David Arquette.

Posted by: Dave | Apr 19, 2011 8:55:29 PM

3. Andy, your description is a bit off. She called her gay assistant, who admitted it was he who downloaded the app, not David.

Posted by: JJ | Apr 19, 2011 8:55:45 PM

4. Even as it is free I would still wonder just a smidge, Courteney. My mom always suspected I was gay after she found a stash of Playgirls under my bed. Everything was fine though after I told her that I had shoplifted them instead of paying for them. Was she relieved!!!

Posted by: bwana | Apr 19, 2011 8:57:02 PM

5. Sorry about that! Missing that detail does make a bit of a difference doesn't it?

Posted by: Andy Towle | Apr 19, 2011 9:08:04 PM

6. um yes grindr is free.

Posted by: Rob | Apr 19, 2011 9:11:26 PM

7. grindr is a free app, and there is also a pay version

but it is weird she blessed herself after finding out david wasnt gay. the whole thing is staged for the interview anyway. somewhere at some time her publicist was like, yeah roll with that story, jimmy can do the setup, blah blah hollywood

Posted by: mld | Apr 19, 2011 9:21:26 PM

8. She"s as dumb as she looks.

Posted by: bria. | Apr 19, 2011 9:34:28 PM

9. Courtney Cox
    I love you
    You're so hot
    On that show

Posted by: bravo | Apr 19, 2011 9:54:44 PM

10. Cute story.

A publicist definitely worked it out with her. But overall, it's a nice way for her to transition away from talking about her separation.

Posted by: Joe | Apr 19, 2011 10:44:48 PM

11. Too bad about the Botox and Surprise Eye.

Posted by: Brion | Apr 19, 2011 11:26:55 PM

12. Given how difficult it is to join up computers and iPhones/iPods, why would Courtney Cox's assistant be using the same account as Courtney and David?

Posted by: Michael | Apr 20, 2011 4:59:59 AM

13. Re: Given how difficult it is to join up computers and iPhones/iPods, why would Courtney Cox's assistant be using the same account as Courtney and David?"

That's what I was thinking, would you download a Gay app on your bosses account, even if they knew you where Gay?

Posted by: Rob West | Apr 20, 2011 7:15:49 AM

14. Maybe he married her because her last name is Cox?

Posted by: Jack M | Apr 20, 2011 8:27:42 AM

15. Shady shady, something is not right here.

Posted by: PeterKNYC | Apr 20, 2011 8:43:57 AM

16. What's not right is her backhanding her separated husband in public.

And btw it's SO funny funny funny to be gay...

Get another shot of botox Courtney and GO AWAY

Posted by: David | Apr 20, 2011 9:04:27 AM

17. Aww shuddup. Everyone loves Courtney. She was making light of the fact that for a second (in the midst of a very public and humiliating breakup) she thought that her ex might be gay on top of whatever other problems they are having. Wouldn't we cross ourselves after finding out that our ex wasn't straight behind our backs? I wanna hold up a pic of Ted Nugent and Donald Trump like Sinead and say "Fight the real enemy".

Posted by: AJ | Apr 20, 2011 10:00:48 AM

18. Re: would you download a Gay app on your bosses account

It's not just that. The iTunes on her computer would have to be authorised to sync with that iPhone and/or her assistant would need the account password. (The latter only if done wirelessly).

Posted by: Michael | Apr 20, 2011 10:19:02 AM

19. Wonder how many people googled Grinder after watching this!?

Posted by: JIM | Apr 20, 2011 10:25:39 AM

20. I can really really understand why a straight guy would "turn" after marriage to her.

Posted by: Chris | Apr 20, 2011 10:57:09 AM

21. What bothers me is the last thing she says "that would be terrible".. so IF he is gay, why would that be so terrible, Courtney?
    Just asking!

Posted by: Kyle | Apr 20, 2011 11:01:55 AM

22. @Kyle- yes it would be so terrible if her husband was gay. Not that there's anything wrong with being gay- I've been gay all my life. But in just about everyone's mind it's kind of a bad thing if the person you loved suddenly turned out to be the opposite of what you thought. I'd be pretty damn upset if I thought my boyfriend was turning straight and I don't think being straight is a bad thing.

Posted by: Frank | Apr 20, 2011 11:34:12 AM

23. Because she's married to him, Kyle. Would kinda suck to find out your 12-year marriage, which you're still working on, is a sham.

Posted by: rafi | Apr 20, 2011 11:38:50 AM

24. I would LOVE to see David's profile on Grindr. He's adorable!

Posted by: dh | Apr 20, 2011 2:14:01 PM

25. Having worked in the industry as an assistant, knowing passwords to online accounts and even ATM pin codes comes with the territory. The assistant is basically hired to be an extension of their boss. Many assistants live with or within close proximity to their employers and have full access. This is why most celebrities require employees to sign non-disclosure agreements. As for being glad the husband she's still trying to work things out with isn't gay, well that makes perfectly good sense to me. Her "Hollywood" face on the other hand…yikes.

Posted by: KevMusic | Apr 20, 2011 4:00:10 PM