American Idol | Lady Gaga | News

Watch: Lady Gaga 'Will Not Be Destroyed' in HBO Concert Preview; 'Judas' Video to Premiere on 'American Idol'

Hbo_gaga

In a preview from her upcoming HBO special, Lady Gaga breaks down under pressure in her dressing room, upset that people want to destroy her.

Says Gaga: "I cannot be destroyed, I will not be destroyed, and you can never destroy the kingdom that is my fans."

The concert special is set to air on May 7. Gaga's "Judas" video will air the same week on American Idol, MTV news reports. She'll perform the track this Thursday on the Ellen show.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Don't cry, Gaga. We LOVE you, Mother Monster!

Judas Juda-a-a, Judas Juda-a-a, Judas Juda-a-a, Judas Gaga!

Posted by: CRISPY | Apr 25, 2011 10:35:47 AM

2. Judas will premier on American Idol?

I can't wait to see the fundamentalist, Mormonist and Catholosist meltdown!

Posted by: TampaZeke | Apr 25, 2011 10:39:15 AM

3. Oh come on...look at your bank account when that happens....

Posted by: Roberto | Apr 25, 2011 10:48:30 AM

4. OH SHUT UP already! Give a rest! Take to the bank and shut up.

Posted by: Brion | Apr 25, 2011 10:50:31 AM

5. Ohhh I feel so much sympathy for her! Must be so tough!

Posted by: Duped | Apr 25, 2011 10:57:28 AM

6. RME - Roll my eyes.

Posted by: Jackson | Apr 25, 2011 11:03:05 AM

7. I cannot wait for the backlash to start on this one.

Posted by: andre | Apr 25, 2011 11:08:00 AM

8. Pffft. That's the best I can muster.

Posted by: La Garza | Apr 25, 2011 11:10:35 AM

9. I'm sure all of the millions of people who are unable to make their mortgage are crying for her right now.

Posted by: Rin | Apr 25, 2011 11:13:22 AM

10. I'm still a fan but sometimes I wish she could just shut her playboy mouth.

Posted by: Shawn Michael Phipps | Apr 25, 2011 11:30:36 AM

11. Oh look all the bitter bitches are out trolling again, may every word you have said about the LADY, be returned to you as the description of your life.
    you have my pity, that is all your worth.

Lady Gaga, if your read this, may the god-goddess bless you all the days of your life.
    I will.

Posted by: Austin Rozzell | Apr 25, 2011 11:36:42 AM

12. What an interesting way to describe her fans.

Posted by: luminum | Apr 25, 2011 11:40:27 AM

13. It's fascinating watching the press/internet-commenters respond to Gaga. What was fascinating and unpredictable the first time around is starting to become insufferable and predictable.

Might be time for a reinvention that doesn't include gluing horns on her head and releasing the same tracks over and over?

Posted by: Brian | Apr 25, 2011 11:45:28 AM

14. Right, because it's always always always about the money right? How can one still feel empty and sad and defeated when you have a billion dollars in the bank right?? When you've got money that's all it takes to be happy right? A rich wealthy celebrity has no right to be unhappy because they've got money, is that it????

Posted by: Jedd | Apr 25, 2011 12:14:42 PM

15. Truth or Dare is such a good movie...

Posted by: Denis | Apr 25, 2011 12:24:24 PM

16. MONEY DOES NOT BUY HAPPINESS. The one thing that money does for you is AMPLIFY everything you already have. If you're sad it will make you more sad, if you're lonely it will make you more lonely, if you're happy it will make you more happy. In her case she is incredibly insecure and its amplifying that at certain moments and I feel for her. Just because she's famous and (arguably) talented does not mean she is happy and secure at all times. She is still human. I love seeing the human side of her. And I love Gaga for all her faults and foibles as well as her success. If you don't like her and think she's a big phony, I have some advice for you. When tyou see "Gaga" in the headline, go onto the next one. Duh!

Posted by: AJ | Apr 25, 2011 12:32:31 PM

17. Now seriously. What's the matter with Lady Gaga? Why does she have to copy every single step and move Madonna did in her career?

Isn't it obvious to say I feel like I'm watching "Truth of dare"!??!?! I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this.

The speech / prayer, the crying, the mirror, the hairdresser, the makeup, the cinematography. For Christ's sake! I was waiting for her to dedicate the show to a friend who died of AIDS like Madonna did on her documentary.

I like Gaga but she really should get a grip on her copycatting. I won't be surprised if in a few years she writes a book about sexual fantasies.

:s

Posted by: Melvin | Apr 25, 2011 12:52:32 PM

18. Maybe she needs to choose a new job that has less stress.

Posted by: Brian | Apr 25, 2011 1:38:06 PM

19. Oh, Lady Gag. Your copycat career may be a travesty, but your tears are so delicious. Please cry more and bring sustenance to those smart enough to see through your feeble ploys. I look forward to 2013, when nobody will remember who you are any more.

Posted by: OMNOMNOM | Apr 25, 2011 1:42:31 PM

20. "you can never destroy the kingdom that is my fans"

Oh please.

Posted by: B-rod | Apr 25, 2011 1:51:12 PM

21. maybe if everything about her wasn't so meticulously fake people wouldn't call her out on it as much.

Posted by: bah | Apr 25, 2011 2:02:38 PM

22. Good God, I love this fame hooker. You go, girl!

Posted by: redball | Apr 25, 2011 2:25:54 PM

23. Videos such as these make me like her music less and less.

Posted by: Steve | Apr 25, 2011 2:26:21 PM

24. It's odd.. For someone who's been all about (allegedly) empowerment and beautiful/ugly, her recent defensive, weepy, I'm a victim act seems sort of disingenuous. Gaga simply hasn't really faced any real criticism recently. She won lots of Grammys, sells bazillions of singles and has been pretty much lauded since her arrival. She's had instant mainstream approval. The ONLY thing people called her on was the similarity b/w Born This Way and Express Yourself... and this one minor critique makes her bawl her eyes out? If it's true, Grow a Pair. I find it hard to believe that her skin is so thin. I think it's an act.. and that she's playing to her fans' obsessions.

Posted by: Denis | Apr 25, 2011 2:58:07 PM

25. Wow, so much hating you'd think it was an Olympic qualifying event. I'm no pop star, but at 24, few could manage the responsibilities without occasional histrionics. Like her product or not, she is on the LGBT community's side. FGS (For God's Sake) save your bitter commentary from the safety of your sad cubicles for a worthy OPPONENT.

Posted by: Jed | Apr 25, 2011 3:41:44 PM