News | Steve Carell | Television

Watch: 'The Office' Says Good-bye to Michael Scott with 'Rent' Tune

Office

And I don't think Steve Carell had to do much acting to generate those teary red eyes.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via joe.my.god)

Comments

1. cute post. thnx

Posted by: just_a_guy | Apr 22, 2011 12:55:41 PM

2. Will someone PLEASE tell me how The Office is funny? Am I missing some chemical in my brain that just misses an entire category of funny?

It gave it an honest try, but I think that show is absolutely dull as dirt.

Posted by: MT | Apr 22, 2011 1:45:36 PM

3. Who?

Posted by: Eric | Apr 22, 2011 2:15:06 PM

4. how sweet...how sweet....

but I just don't get Will Ferrell...

Posted by: Kile Ozier | Apr 22, 2011 2:31:33 PM

5. Sad that Will Ferrell and his intensely unfunny style had to ruin what was otherwise a very (honestly) touching moment. The high-pitched, over acted, trying to be funny during a moment that is decidedly not yours? Not ok.

Posted by: JoeyB | Apr 22, 2011 5:10:40 PM

6. @JOEYB

Oh please, everyone had their moment to be outrageous in the song, not just Will Ferrell. Lighten up, it's a sitcom not Days of Our Lives.

Posted by: Brandon | Apr 22, 2011 5:57:34 PM

7. @MT

I feel the exact same way about "Arrested Development" and every single one of that "Rushmore" dude's movies. I just don't get it. Takes all types, I guess.

Posted by: AJ | Apr 22, 2011 6:11:48 PM

8. It's reversed, right? Like flipped in the mirror? ANyone else notice that?

Posted by: Brian | Apr 22, 2011 9:55:53 PM

9. At first I thought The Office wasn't funny because I just didn't get mockumentaries, or at least the humor in them, but then I watched Modern Family and found it Hi-Freaking-Larious. So I went back to the drawing board.

As for this little clip, I thought it was cute and touching, but not funny. In all fairness, though, it may not supposed to be -- so I'll leave let my critiques on the show only stand on the show as a whole, not this individual skit.

Posted by: Ryan | Apr 23, 2011 4:45:23 AM

10. As a RENT fan, the Will Ferrell part was the funniest part of the whole thing. That part is normally sung by a very large black woman who is not only has one line in the entire show because none of the main characters can sing it. That was changed in the movie, but having Will sing that part, badly, was the only funny thing about this clip.

Posted by: Christopher Marcacci | Apr 23, 2011 12:31:00 PM

11. Great..all the whinys about Queerty have now migrated here.....bring back Queerty and Morning Goods!!...

Posted by: alan brickman | Apr 23, 2011 7:24:12 PM