Edward Reid | Music | News

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: 'Britain's Got Talent' Contestant Edward Reid Has Susan Boyle Moment with Nursery Rhyme Ballad

Reid

35-year-old drama teacher Edward Reid surprised the judges and audience with a fresh take on nursery rhymes.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Sweet!

Posted by: Luke | Apr 25, 2011 9:30:30 AM

2. When did The Hoff become qualified to judge whether Britain has talent? He was barely qualified to judge whether America has it

Posted by: Stephen | Apr 25, 2011 9:38:09 AM

3. @STEPHEN, believe it or not Hoff was a HUGE recording star in Europe; particularly in Germany.

I guess I, and the rest of America, just didn't buy what he was selling.

Posted by: TampaZeke | Apr 25, 2011 9:53:37 AM

4. I quite enjoyed that.

Posted by: Jeffrey in St. Louis | Apr 25, 2011 10:05:38 AM

5. Mr. Reid has a voice that could, very easily, be a big money-maker. I liked it quite a bit. It really was creative!

Posted by: JT - the real one | Apr 25, 2011 10:21:10 AM

6. You do have to admit it is very clever. Really a stroke of genius.

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Apr 25, 2011 10:37:01 AM

7. Totally fun, but not exactly a Susan Boyle moment.

Posted by: DAvid | Apr 25, 2011 11:44:33 AM

8. I agree with David. Great moment, but does not compare to Miss Boyle. And to Stephen, consider that "America's Got Talent" is judged by 2 Brits and a Canadian . . .

Posted by: phredd! | Apr 25, 2011 12:08:55 PM

9. awww come on guys, it was a WOW! moment. Do I hear GLEE calling? I can totally see him as another GLEE squad coach from another school to be a rival for Matthew Morrison's character.

Posted by: Tim | Apr 25, 2011 3:08:28 PM

10. @TAMPAZEKE In the UK the Hoff is known as being "big in Germany"; it's not really a compliment.

As for the comments about the Hoff's lack of talent, well, there is the rest of the panel to compare him to. The woman is an actress best known for her work in having an affair, and the other guy is "family-friendly" comedian.

Posted by: Anyhoo | Apr 25, 2011 5:48:20 PM