Fred Phelps | News | Westboro Baptist Church

Watch: Westboro Baptist Church Mocks 'NoH8 Campaign' with Their Own 'GodH8s' Campaign in Sick Web Video

Phelps

Well, now we know what the Westboro Baptist Church has been up to while their website has been hacked.

It's their "GodH8s" campaign.

Watch (warning: language) as much as you can tolerate, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Is that Fred's ol' lady? Hawt!

Posted by: crispy | Apr 6, 2011 10:12:52 AM

2. I can't watch it! Just look into those eyes. Pure evil. They're a disgusting family. Imagine...people are worried about The Gays raising children. What about the family Phelps?

Posted by: Gigi | Apr 6, 2011 10:16:05 AM

3. Can't wait until these people die off.

Posted by: Polyboy | Apr 6, 2011 10:18:52 AM

4. let's give them some more attention! just what they need. great job towleroad!

Posted by: jgm22 | Apr 6, 2011 10:19:54 AM

5. Cue: Dueling Banjoes

Posted by: Windy | Apr 6, 2011 10:20:12 AM

6. They go away if you ignore them. Great job with the free publicity.

Posted by: Beef and Fur | Apr 6, 2011 10:23:14 AM

7. Why do we continue to give these people a platform and a voice? After decades of doing this, their MO is clear: Say offensive things, but take no action in the hopes of getting more media attention to further broadcast their message. If people are pushed by the offensive things they say, they win by pursuing legal cases against them.

These people know their rights and they know the law. Continuing to spread word about their latest antics only plays into their hype machine.

While I completely disagree with the ethics of doing so, hacker group anonymous dealt them one of the most crippling blows they've ever faced by shutting down their website. Without a venue, forum, or media outlet, they have nothing, which is why they were so pissed when it happened. We can do the same by just doing a Westboro media blackout.

Posted by: luminum | Apr 6, 2011 10:25:14 AM

8. Didn't spend 25 mins watching it. I'd like to know what caused their hate?
    They spend their lives hating gays. I hope one day they'll look back and think why.

Posted by: Matt26 | Apr 6, 2011 10:26:04 AM

9. This will be an unpopular comment, but:

As a proud gay atheist, I *almost* respect these people. They have started with the simple idea of living according to the Bible (a text written by Bronze Age nomads with no knowledge of things like psychology or democracy) and taken it to its logical end, aka Crazytown.

They validate my decision, made four or five years ago now, to stop making stupid excuses for this flawed text and abandon it altogether.

I honestly do respect the fact that there are many in this world who devote their souls to an idea of Jesus the Messiah and simultaneously wish me and mine no ill will. I feel no great desire to rob them of their faith if it gives them comfort. But for myself, I do not miss the mental gymnastics necessary to stay in that in-between place.

Posted by: Red Seven | Apr 6, 2011 10:29:30 AM

10. What else do you expect from people who worpship a flesh-eating zombie?

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Apr 6, 2011 10:36:57 AM

11. I won't watch this, because it's not worth my time. But, I give them points for doing a parody.

Posted by: Joe in CT | Apr 6, 2011 10:39:02 AM

12. American GodThick!

Posted by: Jeff | Apr 6, 2011 10:50:09 AM

13. The women in that family really, really need a gay stylist.

Posted by: homer | Apr 6, 2011 11:01:13 AM

14. It's interesting that God is taught as an all-loving entity. So when these aberrations talk about God hating fags, all I can think about is that there is some scientist out there waiting for them to die so that they can examine their brains and find a cure for whatever brain disease they have--that's about all these polluted-Mississippi-River-drinking morons are good for.

Posted by: woodroad34wo | Apr 6, 2011 11:20:47 AM

15. We need to just ignore this fool. No one else pays him a bit of attention.

Posted by: Ken | Apr 6, 2011 11:20:59 AM

16. These people ultimately want one thing, and only one thing: Attention. Not converts, not court victories, and not even a change in our country or its policies. They simply want attention. And they get plenty of it. Please please please deprive them this satisfaction, by refusing to report on their every provocative outrage. The media blackout should begin TODAY.

Posted by: Andrew | Apr 6, 2011 11:21:27 AM

17. The video is too annoying to watch, but I enjoy seeing the still of Fred Phelps with tape over his mouth.

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Apr 6, 2011 11:30:30 AM

18. God H8s Media Whores.

Also, He's seriously not so fond of child abusers, which ought to give Rev. Phelps pause for thought.

Posted by: bobbyjoe | Apr 6, 2011 11:31:07 AM

19. To the people complaining that we need to ignore Fred Phelps, I respectfully disagree. While it is true that this grotesque family thrives on publicity, the fact is that they ARE grotesque, and the more the public sees of it, the better it is for us. They're doing much more good for us than they are harm.

Posted by: Zell | Apr 6, 2011 11:31:47 AM

20. Why give them any attention? They are an extremist group with less than 70 members. Giving them attention makes it seem like they have some relevance, but their opinions do not represent the mainstream Baptist church or other established groups. Posting stories about them just adds fuel to their fire. Ignore them and they may get tired of acting out when nobody listens.

Posted by: Alex | Apr 6, 2011 11:37:56 AM

21. God H8s bad grammar too. Where do they get the money to do stuff like this, seriously?

Posted by: brent | Apr 6, 2011 11:39:01 AM

22. I love it!! They're just digging their own graves (figuratively, unfortunately) by further alienating what I truly believe to be a more progressive generation coming up. I'd imagine young people, for the most part, even super-religious or anti-gay ones, would think twice before aligning themselves with a group that bases its beliefs around God and hatred.

If God hates so much, how do you explain much of the New Testament? But really, trying to argue biblicality with them is completely futile because they aren't really even religious. Just Crazy (capital).

Posted by: Austin | Apr 6, 2011 11:46:58 AM

23. They are like shock jocks and Lady Gaga all rolled into one with their antics.

Posted by: anon | Apr 6, 2011 11:55:44 AM

24. They love to spread lies don't they? Here's one I'd like to spread, that was me on the phone. @ RED SEVEN: I can't speak for the others but, I have the utmost respect for your honesty. Now, about that artichoke......

Posted by: Beau | Apr 6, 2011 12:11:59 PM

25. ..I said it before - and I'll say it again .....When Old Man Phelps Kicks...they (the clan) better bury him in a Private place with NO public access....cause if they don't..his grave, will BE the MOST URINE soaked / stained / and scented Grave in America....people will make Pilgramages to it - just to Piss on it.

Posted by: Disgusted Gay American | Apr 6, 2011 12:12:00 PM