Fashion Men | Lady Gaga | News | Nicola Formichetti | Rick Genest | Thierry Mugler

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Mugler Model Rick Genest, aka 'Rico the Zombie' on Being Discovered, Being a Freak

Rico_genest

Rick Genest, aka "Rico the Zombie" opens up about being discovered, modeling, and his past jobs during a recent Nightlife.ca photo shoot.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Loooove him. Not sure what it is... but he fascinates me so.

Posted by: Allen | Apr 1, 2011 9:38:21 AM

2. yawn. this guy is getting too much attention. i guess that's why he did this, but it looks stupid. if it looks good to him that's all that matters i suppose, but this star will fade fast and he'll likely end up lonely and sad. it just makes me sad for him.

Posted by: jgm22 | Apr 1, 2011 9:41:29 AM

3. Wow. Never noticed before that he's actually quite handsome underneath all that.

Posted by: MC | Apr 1, 2011 9:43:02 AM

4. there is such a thing as too much

Posted by: Wes | Apr 1, 2011 10:07:51 AM

5. Does this dude honestly think he's going to have a modeling career after Gaga and Mugler lose interest? That's so precious.

Posted by: crispy | Apr 1, 2011 10:13:52 AM

6. I always wondered what people that do the whole face body tatt will look like when they get grandpa old.

Posted by: Daveny | Apr 1, 2011 10:22:18 AM

7. Daveny: seconded!

Since know one else said it yet: Guess he was not "born this way"...heh heh. Crack myself up. Uh. Er. Um. Get the lady caca ref?

**slinks away**

Posted by: Rin | Apr 1, 2011 10:29:18 AM

8. CUTE!

Posted by: no-no | Apr 1, 2011 10:39:31 AM

9. Well, it's undeniably creative.

I'm curious as to what he had done on his butt.

Posted by: Andrew | Apr 1, 2011 10:45:55 AM

10. haters gonna hate!

Posted by: Toto | Apr 1, 2011 10:49:53 AM

11. No kidding, what's with all the hate? I freaking love this guy -- he's cute as all, his eyes are just adorable, he's soft spoken and well-mannered -- what's not to like?

Posted by: topher | Apr 1, 2011 11:03:39 AM

12. I'm pretty sure that someone who gets their entire body tattooed is living for today and not particularly worried or even much thinking about what tomorrow may bring.

His look is unique and attractive, he seems very sweet and happy, and he's internationally famous for his recent successes. How many people posting here can say all that's also true for them?

Posted by: justme | Apr 1, 2011 11:16:52 AM

13. "I do clown."
    Very very cute.

How cute. In the past this man would have traveled with a circus ... he seems very motivated and most likely have a career being a creative entertainer.

Good for him !

Posted by: reality 101 | Apr 1, 2011 11:23:00 AM

14. He's cute. I like him.

Posted by: DD | Apr 1, 2011 11:31:30 AM

15. He won’t have a long career. Because Meth is gonna kill him sooner than later. Not like drugs are his only problem obviously.

Posted by: Diretruth | Apr 1, 2011 11:44:46 AM

16. "he's internationally famous for his recent successes. How many people posting here can say all that's also true for them?"

You mistakenly believe that being famous is a desirable quality. That's common among the superficial.

Posted by: crispy | Apr 1, 2011 12:21:40 PM

17. Why do we only base value on people we find attractive and devalue those who we do not? Keep in mind that some people would consider gay, lesbian, trans, drag queens and our 'supposed' community unattractive. We should celebrate individuals who are different from the majority, like us they too are discriminated against.

Take a moment to realize that your critique assumes a position of a majority, not a minority person as we are identified as because of our sexuality and orientation.

Posted by: DAN LAVOIE | Apr 1, 2011 12:28:16 PM

18. Wow, Diretruth, what's with spewing the hate, not to mention out and out falsehood? I'm sure you have clear evidence of his meth use, right? Isn't there enough intolerance out there? You really need to add to it?
    The tattoos are incredibly beautiful. If it's not your thing then, as my dear ole grandma says, "If you don't have anything nice to say(or if you're just spewing venom, hate, and lies), shut your mouth."
    He seems sweet. Live. Let live. Don't hate.

Posted by: rob | Apr 1, 2011 12:32:08 PM

19. I would throw my legs in the air for this man any day of the week!

Posted by: peterparker | Apr 1, 2011 12:33:43 PM

20. Once again, my comment is censored.

Posted by: D.R.H. | Apr 1, 2011 12:35:12 PM

21. But thanks ROB for saying what I wanted to. Live, and let live.

Posted by: D.R.H. | Apr 1, 2011 12:36:31 PM

22. WHY am I so fascinated...and attracted to him.

Posted by: wonderer | Apr 1, 2011 12:43:18 PM

23. Rob, I like you. I hope you keep a good memory though. And access to the news when that poor fellow falls apart. That is if anyone cares to publish it at that time. And I would be more than glad –and surprised- if that guy recovers and get back to what is left of his senses.

Posted by: Diretruth | Apr 1, 2011 12:45:21 PM

24. @DireTruth, I usually wouldn't say this, but you seem like a jerk. He was entirely coherent here and in other interviews and performnces, so your accusations are baseless.

Posted by: Paul R | Apr 1, 2011 1:09:07 PM

25. Brilliant. Self realized art on a level that so many obviously cannot appreciate. And glad so many can!

Hot.