Caroline Kennedy | Gay Marriage | News

Caroline Kennedy Signs 'I Do' Petition Urging Obama to Support Marriage Equality

Caroline Kennedy, who expressed support for marriage equality in 2008 during her campaign to replace Senator Hillary Clinton, has become the 100,000th signer of Freedom to Marry's open letter to Obama urging the president to do the same.

Kennedycaroline The group writes:

"Falling in love, getting married, and building a family is part of the American dream," said Caroline Kennedy. "I believe that all Americans, including committed gay and lesbian couples, should have the opportunity to pursue that dream."

Freedom to Marry's "Say I Do" campaign was launched on March 14th with an Open Letter to the President signed by prominent Americans, including civil rights leaders, Hollywood stars, musicians, and business leaders.  Since then, 100,000 Americans have joined the campaign and signed on to the letter calling on the President to join "the majority of Americans who support the freedom to marry."

Sign the letter here.

Comments

1. Knowledgable people have told me she is an ahole in private.

Posted by: ratbastard | May 12, 2011 10:25:44 AM

2. ratbastard: Um, who cares? We're all aholes in private. This letter-signing looks to be a good thing.

Posted by: jeff in brooklyn | May 12, 2011 10:43:19 AM

3. @Jeff in Brooklyn,

Um...actually 'Jeff', I'm not an ahole. Maybe you're an ahole and think everyone else is just like you. Not true.

My excellent source told me she is routinely rude and disrespecrful to the hired help and staff, and she's a big snob.

Posted by: ratbastard | May 12, 2011 1:12:34 PM

4. OMGLMFAO!!!!

How many people here think ratbastard is an ahole? Raise 'em high, people!

Posted by: ratbastard is an ahole | May 12, 2011 1:26:43 PM

5. "Native of NY [NYC presumably?] Yale grad Harvard Law School
    I've heard enough. I dislike him already.
    POSTED BY: RATBASTARD | FEB 8, 2011 10:19:34 AM"

"Didn't know she was lez? Please...might as well have a flashing neon 'Lez' sign above her head.
    POSTED BY: RATBASTARD | MAR 3, 2011 9:05:13 AM"

"Last time I was in a Walmart I got stuck behind two fat chicks buying a caca poo load of baby clothes to send back home to El Salvador. I came within a c*nt hair of totally losing it. Never again.
    POSTED BY: RATBASTARD | NOV 26, 2010 7:04:55 PM"

I reconfirm... we're all aholes in private.... especially behind an anonymous screen name.

Posted by: jeff in brooklyn | May 12, 2011 1:38:46 PM

6. Count me in.

Posted by: Danny | May 12, 2011 1:40:30 PM

7. I imagine this means Caroline has taken communion in the Roman Catholic Church for the last time.

Posted by: Danny | May 12, 2011 1:42:41 PM

8. Signed the letter.. thanks for the link, Andy.

Posted by: jeff in brooklyn | May 12, 2011 1:43:12 PM

9. 2Jeff in Brooklyn,

#1:

I didn't post 2 of those. The 1 I did post was in JEST.

#2:

I'm NEVER rude or nasty to people who've I've supervised and managed with my job[s], I've NEVER ben nasty and rude to the 'hired' help. I'm actually a pleasant and genuine person in private. And in public. Have I made sarcastic comments on occassion? Of course. Have I gotten p*ssed off with other people on occassion, even gotten into fights? Of course. But I'm not a snob or ahole, in public or in private.

Posted by: ratbastard | May 12, 2011 1:47:32 PM

10. Ratbastard: I think you do protest too much!

Posted by: plaintom | May 12, 2011 4:59:53 PM