Ben Cohen | Bullying | News | Rugby | Sports

Watch: CNN Talks to Ben Cohen About His Anti-Bullying Foundation

Ben_cohen

Rugby star Ben Cohen sat down with CNN in the midst of his Stand Up Against Bullying Tour which is currently visiting several cities in the U.S. CNN's Candy Reid spoke with Cohen about why he quit rugby to fight homophobia.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. How wonderful it is to see a straight sportsman doing this, and a handsome one too! Thank you, Ben Cohen!

Posted by: Robert | May 31, 2011 8:38:50 AM

2. is it common knowledge that ben apparently has a substantial hearing problem? in over 2 years of following him, and even communicating via the web it has never come to my attention before.

Posted by: bandanajack | May 31, 2011 8:56:23 AM

3. @BANDANAJACK, that was the first time I ever heard of it too. That makes him even more awesome in my eyes.

I also LOVE the fact that he doesn't feel the need to brandish his hetero credentials in every interview the way most other straight men who take a stand for gay rights do.

Cohen is an amazing man and a hero of the highest order; greater than any monarch or medal can bestow.

Posted by: TampaZeke | May 31, 2011 10:04:12 AM

4. Deaf? I had no idea. What an awesome guy. So sorry about his Pa.
    He is a great man.

Posted by: kodiak | May 31, 2011 10:17:55 AM

5. This guy is a shining example of what it will take to stop homophobia and bullying. Those who stand by when others bully are complicit in the bullying. Live and let others live. Judge less, live more!

Posted by: Tony | May 31, 2011 11:25:45 AM

6. I am sorry, but i fine this guy SO DAMNED HOT! forget about what he does, wants to do, did--or whatever.... 'I am melting....melting.......'

Posted by: tinhouston | May 31, 2011 2:22:36 PM

7. What a luck for those youngsters to have him talking to them and in a strong, personal and human way! What a lighthouse in worldwide sports!

Posted by: Roman Bolliger | May 31, 2011 2:42:59 PM