Common | FOX News | Jon Stewart | News

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Jon Stewart Rips FOX News Hypocrisy in Rap Segment Response to Common 'Controversy'

Stewart

In a reaction to FOX News channel's outrage over the invitation to rapper Common to read poetry at the White House, Jon Stewart takes on the network's hypocrisy in a spoken word segment that manages to rhyme "mistrust" with "Greta Van Sust"!

Watch another genius segment from Stewart, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Common has made both racist and inflammatory comments that could induce some who hear him to commit violence and to discriminate. He also praises a 'radical' relic from the 60s-70s who murdered a cop, then fled to Cuba. He gets a pass? Doesn't matter how good a 'poet' he is.

Posted by: ratbastard | May 12, 2011 11:57:04 AM

2. Stewart's brother, Larry Leibowitz, is Chief Operating Officer of the NY Stock Exchange. Doesn't get more 'insider' or elite than that. A big reason why I find Steward's schtick and entertainment persona amusing.

Posted by: ratbastard | May 12, 2011 12:00:24 PM

3. Yes BatRastard, and his mother is a teacher and father a professor of physics. Doesn't get more "educated" or "intelligent" than that.

Posted by: AladinSane | May 12, 2011 12:11:28 PM

4. It's fun to see how some people completely miss the point.

Posted by: OhpleaseMike | May 12, 2011 12:15:42 PM

5. How in hell does Stewart's brother's profession change the innate truth of Stewart's words? My brother sells plumbing supplies, but I couldn't tell a p-trap from a waste line.

Posted by: Jeff Kurtti | May 12, 2011 12:27:22 PM

6. Ya all blow? I like blowing, it's fun!

Posted by: The Iron Orchard | May 12, 2011 12:48:46 PM

7. RatBastard,

I have never heard Common make racist or inflammatory comments and I have 4 of his CDs. Perhaps before you try to take an artist down you should do your research first or at least give examples of what you're talking about. I hardly ever listen to rap anymore because of how the majority of it is extremely sexist and homophobic, but I will listen to Common because his lyrics aren't like that.

Posted by: Miel | May 12, 2011 12:50:06 PM

8. Yeah-- Ratbastard, where did you get that impression of Common?? Did you watch this segment at all?

Posted by: X | May 12, 2011 1:05:59 PM

9. he can't help it, you guys... he has a hard time distinguishing between black people

Posted by: Y | May 12, 2011 1:11:00 PM

10. You people are hopeless. Perbicious shills and mindless true believers.

Posted by: ratbastard | May 12, 2011 1:15:47 PM

11. @Y,

Where did I mention 'black' people regarding Stewart? I didn't. Anyone who expresses an opionion that might reflect badly on 'black' people [some black people] makes that person a racist? Are you effing serious?

I critcize ALL people if I think criticism is warranted. Males commit the vast majority of violent crime. We have a serious problem with violence and males. I'm not saying all males are violent, 'bad' people, just that there's a big problem here, and males are disproportionately represented as part of the proble. Comprende? You get the point.

Posted by: ratbastard | May 12, 2011 1:21:16 PM

12. And yet you fail to cite a single example of your accusations against Common.

Posted by: Z | May 12, 2011 1:25:15 PM

13. Well, some people still refuse to look up the definition of racism. It is the belief that ones race/ethnic group is superior to others.

Rat, what type of evidence do you look for when judging whether a Black person is racist? What things do Black racists say which let you know they feel superior to other races?

Some people use the word "racist" to replace the more accurate terms of "prejudiced" or "bigot". The charge of reverse racism is either a misunderstanding of the concept of racism, or a deliberate dishonest tactic.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | May 12, 2011 1:30:10 PM

14. Dear internet troll/RatBastard. You're not nearly as amusing as Tank.

Posted by: Randy | May 12, 2011 2:26:04 PM

15. I always thought Ratbastard was Tank.. I miss that Foo.

Posted by: yadda yadda | May 12, 2011 8:54:36 PM

16. Even IF Common has made inflammatory comments in the past, that is not the point. At ALL. The point is that all sorts of controversial figures have been invited to/honored at The White House for decades. This is nothing new. So for the right to take special issue with Common is hypocritical. And, well, racist, but, both of those adjectives are just par for the course for conservatives.

Posted by: Robert | May 12, 2011 10:10:12 PM

17. Ratfucker parrots gop/rnc/limbaugh talking points and we are the true believers? oy vey.

Posted by: Jane Roe | May 13, 2011 1:38:58 AM