Donald Trump | Gay Marriage | News

BigGayDeal.com

Donald Trump Compares Same-Sex Marriage to Ugly Golf Club

Donald Trump made some unusual comments regarding his opposition to marriage equality in an interview with the NYT on the morning after the White House Correspondents Dinner:

Trump_s At one point, he compared his opposition to the legalization of same-sex marriage to his reluctance to use a new kind of putter.

“It’s like in golf,” he said. “A lot of people — I don’t want this to sound trivial — but a lot of people are switching to these really long putters, very unattractive,” said Mr. Trump, a Republican. “It’s weird. You see these great players with these really long putters, because they can’t sink three-footers anymore. And, I hate it. I am a traditionalist. I have so many fabulous friends who happen to be gay, but I am a traditionalist.”

(via good as you)

Comments

1. Maybe he's suffering from brain tumors...

Posted by: Keith | May 2, 2011 6:16:03 PM

2. I would love to take a club and shove it up his arrogant ass.

Posted by: palto | May 2, 2011 6:16:56 PM

3. I'm so sorry he has a problem with "really long putters," but at least his gay friends are "fabulous!"

Posted by: Barry | May 2, 2011 6:20:46 PM

4. It's a little hard to be "fabulous" when you're a second class citizen paying first class tax rates.

Posted by: blatherer | May 2, 2011 6:32:30 PM

5. "...but I am a traditionalist."

Yeah, only 3 marriages per person.

At least he's not claiming to be 'evolving on the issue.'

Posted by: Pete n SFO | May 2, 2011 6:40:18 PM

6. He's a racist who has black friends, a homophobe shoo has gay friends, and an idiot who has smart friends. They want his money.

Posted by: patrick nyc | May 2, 2011 6:44:59 PM

7. @ Palto - I second that.

Posted by: Sam | May 2, 2011 6:45:18 PM

8. I bet loves his fabulous friends like he loves the blacks.

Posted by: Steve Pardue | May 2, 2011 6:47:16 PM

9. Somehow, he sounds jealous of his manhood (if that word can be used with him): Long clubs vs. short clubs. Plus he uses the word "fabulous". All in all, Ducky, there's some kind of sublimal something or other goin' on wit youse.

Posted by: woodroad34 | May 2, 2011 6:47:16 PM

10. Although I normally try not to give suggestions to idiots, he should have compared same gender marriage to something really ugly. His comb over comes to mind.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | May 2, 2011 6:47:50 PM

11. Well, to continue the golf analogy, Donald: this week, Obama was the club, you were the ball (with a silly hairdo), and now your presidential aspirations are sunk deep in a dark hole.

P.S. If your gay friends have functioning brains, they don't consider you a friend. That's the delusions talking again.

Posted by: Ernie | May 2, 2011 6:47:58 PM

12. Elton John probably still loves him, just like Rush Limbaugh!

Posted by: CB | May 2, 2011 6:50:52 PM

13. & GOProud endorsed this guy

Posted by: mstrozfckslv@yahoo.com | May 2, 2011 6:57:11 PM

14. "I don’t want this to sound trivial."

but you are Blanche, you are...

Posted by: mike/ | May 2, 2011 7:04:22 PM

15. Trump probably doesn't have a "team" helping him craft his image/public persona, right? Because if I had the unfortunate role of being on his payroll, I would tell him he needs to steer *real* clear of talking anything about marriage. It's just not something he really has any credibility to discuss.

Posted by: Harrison | May 2, 2011 7:05:05 PM

16. His argument isn't any more ridiculous than any of the other anti-gay marriage arguments.

Posted by: TampaZeke | May 2, 2011 7:17:44 PM

17. Like, "God is in the mix", for example.

Posted by: TampaZeke | May 2, 2011 7:18:15 PM

18. Trump has this weird smile where the bottom of his upper teeth and the top of his lower teeth meet and touch, with no overbite. The result looks like a pose by some film actress from the 1940s. (Myrna Loy? Betty Grable?) Is it just me, or is Trump's teeth-touching smile a bit odd?

Posted by: Phil | May 2, 2011 7:40:20 PM

19. Donald Trump marries Ivana.
    Donald Trump has an affair with Marla Maples, whom he secretly flies to Aspen while he is there on holiday with Ivana and the kids so he can boff both of his ladies in secret.
    Ivana sees Marla on the slopes. Hell breaks loose.
    Donald divorces Ivana, marries Marla Maples.
    Donald cheats on Marla Maples, and divorces her just in time to avoid a bigger settlement, as per the prenup.

Donald remarries, Melania whatsherface.

So, thrice married. Confirmed cheater. TRADITIONAL WHAT!?

Posted by: Little Kiwi | May 2, 2011 7:45:27 PM

20. Putting aside how UTTERLY ridiculous this comment is, Trump essentially is saying because he thinks long putters are weird, no one should allowed to golf using a long putter. He can stick with his short putter all he'd like, but he can't tell other people what to do.

Posted by: Matt S | May 2, 2011 7:55:41 PM

21. I think emancipation was stupid. I have a lot of black friends, but I'm a traditionalist.

Posted by: amaezm | May 2, 2011 8:01:53 PM

22. Why is this loser still getting coverage? The world knows he is delusional.

Posted by: plaintom | May 2, 2011 8:02:07 PM

23. Its pretty obvious ferret top made his money using lies and scams because based on his comments so far it's clear he's too stupid to get do it the legal way.

Posted by: Rob | May 2, 2011 8:11:48 PM

24. Ivana once complained that "the Donald" couldn't sink a 3 incher anymore!

Posted by: Mack | May 2, 2011 8:20:05 PM

25. Do we really care what this man's views on same-sex marriage are?? Are we going to let people like this have the power to say anything at all about our freedom as human beings to marry whom we want to?? Get a grip America, this man doesn't want you to have the right to choose. God lets us choose for ourselves our whole lives... why are so many people stepping in between me and MY God??? Tell me why the church is ever involved in issues related to my life. I do not go to church, I'm not even Catholic... so how is it that religion enters the picture when the topic of what's in the pants of the person I wanna marry comes into question or judgement???? We need to make a huge huge drastic dent in the crap going on right now. Take away our human rights, you take away your own first.... that's only fair! I think it would be hysterical if the group Anonymous were to get all up in that mess. I find them to be heroes and I hope this is something that they can do about.

Posted by: Michelle | May 2, 2011 8:20:44 PM