Chord Overstreet | Chris Colfer | Glee | Mark Salling | News

Photo: Chris Colfer, Chord Overstreet, Mark Salling Nap Together

Gleeknap

Gleek dreams.

Watch Lea Michele and Jonathan Groff perform Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" from tonight's episode, AFTER THE JUMP...

(image via ed kennedy at afterelton)

Comments

1. Who said Chord was being paid to have his shirt OFF. Damn!

Posted by: Fred | May 10, 2011 11:00:07 AM

2. You know, if they all turn over on their left sides, that's EXACTLY how I can see that scene playing out. :P

Posted by: Alex | May 10, 2011 11:11:18 AM

3. @ Alex, my thoughts exactly

Posted by: RONTEX | May 10, 2011 11:21:01 AM

4. "Jessie" totally butchered the song with his constipated singing. Ugh. Lea was actually pretty good, and I could hear from her voice the "country" in the song coming out. Wish the vocals weren't so bare, maybe that way Jessie's voice could have been covered up some.

Not to say he isn't a fantastic singer. Just not one of his best. YMMV

Posted by: Leonard | May 10, 2011 11:24:24 AM

5. Looks likes there's a little room between Chris and Chord.

Challenge accepted.

Posted by: bah | May 10, 2011 11:31:06 AM

6. I feel like making a "Leave Adele ALONE" video Chris Crocker-style. I love Glee, but that was ear-rape.

Posted by: Brian | May 10, 2011 11:33:58 AM

7. Oftentimes, I like the Glee version of songs better than the original, but this doesn't even compare to Adele's version.

Posted by: Erich | May 10, 2011 11:39:11 AM

8. Colfer has turned out to be quite the little hottie, hasn't he? His profile is perfect.

I wonder if he actually is single, or he keeps his private life extra-private to keep his loved ones from being torn to shreds by rabid fangirls.

Posted by: Jackson | May 10, 2011 11:52:47 AM

9. UGH! They destroyed a great song! I can understand why this show is popular with high schoolers, but I can never understand why adults watch this garbage!
    Arrested development, perhaps?

Posted by: The Iron Orchard | May 10, 2011 12:13:22 PM

10. I love Glee, but that... was... awful. Might just be the worst song they've done. Which is said, because that song is wonderful.

Posted by: Ryan | May 10, 2011 12:16:11 PM

11. Had to shut it off to protect my ears! Terrible rendition of a great song...

Posted by: AladinSane | May 10, 2011 12:16:34 PM

12. The picture IS adorable.

Posted by: just_a_guy | May 10, 2011 1:08:22 PM

13. I saw "Jesse" in Spring Awakenings..he is acutally a very good singer, bad cut perhaps.

Posted by: joe | May 10, 2011 1:13:39 PM

14. You know, I went to youtube to hear Adele sing this song. Of course I liked it -- the beautiful voice mixed with a slight growly blues; but what I came away with is that Lea did the beautiful voice and Jonathan did the growl--almost beauty and the beast. Together they weren't so bad.

Posted by: woodroad34 | May 10, 2011 1:33:58 PM

15. `to be the devil's advocate, although they shouldn't have ventured into that deep water, leave adele alone, lea made me cringe, but the raw timbre of jonathan's voice gave me pleasure chills, at least when he was singing it alone. i agree about the two to make one concept, but it didn't work for me.

as for the pic, daddy overstreet is going to be none to happy about that, unless he is far more enlightened than i believe he is.

Posted by: bandanajack | May 10, 2011 1:43:54 PM

16. And from one slightly innocent snapshot, 1000 nifty.org fictions are born.

Posted by: LogopolisMike | May 10, 2011 3:16:35 PM

17. Sucked.

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | May 10, 2011 3:18:13 PM

18. Did Darren Criss take the picture?

Posted by: jaragon | May 10, 2011 5:49:09 PM

19. Awful. Terrible arrangement. The singing wasn't awful, but wasn't particularly good either. The arrangement was totally uninspired and ineffective. Everything that's good about that song was missing. I love Glee and I love that song, but wow. What a huge disappointment.

Posted by: Chip | May 10, 2011 6:41:51 PM

20. I had to listen to the actual song to wash the fail out of my ears after hearing that.

Posted by: Jason 2 | May 10, 2011 9:19:04 PM

21. this show has lost it's irony...another free speech right lost...

Posted by: alan brickman | May 10, 2011 10:30:13 PM

22. @Alan Brickman, not sure why you evoked the 'free speech' canard. TV shows aren't obligated to provide you with your daily dose of ironic dialogue.

I do agree that they've given up a lot of the deeply-weird vibe that they had the first season, but they've also taken on an interesting mission that is making them a little more earnest than they were when the show was an unknown quantity with no particular message.

On topic: I almost always change the channel or mute it when Lea Michele sings these days, I find her over-emoting really tiresome. I'm much more interested when Tina, Mercedes, or Santana have the spotlight.

Posted by: NaughtyLola | May 11, 2011 11:16:04 AM

23. Wow. Just wow. I thought I could listen to Jonathan Groff sing anything. I stand corrected. It actually made Gwenyth Paltrow's Adele cover good by comparison.

Bloody wretched.

Posted by: james | May 11, 2011 4:24:01 PM

24. I think the singing was fine when they were singing apart. When they started to sing together it kinda just ruined the effect.

Posted by: Marcus | Sep 17, 2011 9:32:13 PM