Brazil | Marlon Teixeira | News

Watch: The Brazil You've Been Dreaming Of

1_teixeira   2_teixeira

Our friends over at Made in Brazil have unleashed the third iteration of their print publication, Made in Brazil #3 and from the looks of it, they've outdone themselves this time.

Watch the very hot video preview for the issue, AFTER THE JUMP...

And find out where to pick up an issue here.

(Note: referred site and clips after the jump probably not sfw)

Comments

1. The formula:

1) Good looking, worked out young men +
    2) Who have outwards signs of masculinity (whatever that means): tattoos, athletic gaits, etc. +
    3) Who demonstrate a moment of vulnerability, such as pretending to just wake up, or posing face down rather than face up (!) as in the lead photo here +
    4) Whose vulnerability is further demonstrated by pleasant, though bad, acoustic guitar music +
    5) And for good measure, let them lean on each other for a group shot as the camera sweeps lovingly across, left to right =

Selling unnecessary crap, if not deluded perceptions and expectations, to gay men. Made in Brazil WINS!!!!

Posted by: Andalusian Dog | May 20, 2011 11:37:23 AM

2. And to curb anyone who will inevitably say that I'm just a jealous old troll: I'm in my early 30s, I like how I look, and yes I think these men are attractive (and they're probably good people, to boot), but I know it's just a fantasy to try to sell me things.

Posted by: Andalusian Dog | May 20, 2011 11:39:12 AM

3. so bitter andalusian dog ........... they are all BEAUTIFUL.

Posted by: steve | May 20, 2011 11:45:10 AM

4. Brazilian beauty.
    @Andalusian dog, you may be right, but I still enjoy it.

Posted by: Matt26 | May 20, 2011 11:51:57 AM

5. @STEVE: see my second comment. I tried to curb you people!!! (I agree that they are all beautiful, I said as much.)

Posted by: Andalusian Dog | May 20, 2011 11:54:22 AM

6. I dont see anything Brazilian.

Posted by: Steve | May 20, 2011 12:11:55 PM

7. Pretty, but they are all a bit too 'heroin chic' for me- with big hair.

I prefer beefier, boy next door types.

Posted by: tom a | May 20, 2011 12:31:03 PM

8. Every time I see Brazilian models, I think "Wow! They really CAPTURE even the slightest portion of the look of Brazilians!"

Sure...

Brazil: A Racial Paradise?

Posted by: Toto | May 20, 2011 12:49:50 PM

9. Beautiful and of course (with the exception of one), melanin-challenged

Posted by: RW | May 20, 2011 12:52:50 PM

10. I also find it "interesting" that the dark-skinned model is not included in the final line up.

Posted by: RW | May 20, 2011 1:07:51 PM

11. Someday they will look back and regret their haircuts.

Posted by: Chadd | May 20, 2011 1:08:35 PM

12. I AM STILL CONFUSED...HOW IS THAT BRAZIL...PLACE WITH ALMOST A BILLION BLACK PEOPLE AND PEOPLE OF BLACK DESCENT....BUT YOU LAWAYS GO THERE AND FIND THE FEW "WHITE PEOPLE" AND PORTRAY THEM AS THE "BEAUTY AND FACE OF BRAZIL"???? YET WHEN YOU GO THERE EVERYONE IS DARK SKINNED??????? THIS IS AMAZING....................

Posted by: Shannon | May 20, 2011 1:28:18 PM

13. The real Brasil and the Brasil I dream and know is very Black. In fact, Brasil has more Black people than anywhere outside of Africa. The beauty of that country lies in its African blood. Too bad, white bloggers and Made in Brazil are too racist to appreciate the real Brasil.

Posted by: Javier | May 20, 2011 1:48:46 PM

14. @JAVIER: Get over yourself, white and non black Brazilians are not fake Brazilians. But I see where you're coming from. Similar concerns in Asia and South Asia, where non-white models do not get as much exposure has they should. This is beyond me at this point, so I'll just stay clear of whitewashed outlets like Made in Brazil. Even if it appears marginal, I'll sure they'll come to appreciate their dwindling relevance and ad revenues.

Posted by: craig | May 20, 2011 2:12:09 PM

15. Nobody makes you buy, Andalusian Dog...
    You can break that training.

Posted by: Randy | May 20, 2011 2:58:24 PM

16. brazilians are probably the hottest, most sexually charged people on the planet. just don't get carried away when they tell you they love you 5mins after meeting you.

Posted by: mj | May 20, 2011 3:12:04 PM

17. so, reading all the comments we come to a conclusion: to be brazilian needs to be black?

You guys are so full of stereotypes. Brazillians are beutifull because of the mix of races. There are all kinds of people in the country. Just look atthe people that are famous: we have the soccer player pele, which is black, to gisele bundchen, which is blond. That's Brazil. All kinds of people together.We have more japanese outside japan than anywhere else. I missed a japanese model too.

Those guys really represent the beauty of a brazilian. Come to a gay club in sao paulo or rio and you'll find guys like them. And you will also find black guys, blond guys, japanese, red hair too.

you are all being racist in a different way saying that just because they are not black they can't be brazilian. go there and check before you say this kind of crap.

Posted by: Daniel | May 20, 2011 4:04:26 PM

18. @TOTO:+1

@DANIEL:

-"Those guys really represent the beauty of a brazilian"

Thats the thing, they only represent a part of Brazilians.

-"Brazilians are [beautiful] because of the mix of races!? "

That is fullblown racism! You can put the hybrid vigor back in your ass where you took it. Positive stereotypes are still stereotypes. This is not about who is more Brazilian, it's about how obnoxious an outlet called Made in Brazil showcase guys that only represent a portion of Brazilian diversity (never saw any asian models there, wtf!). A lot of these guys in the video are of recent European decent. Are they less Brazilian? NO! Is it normal that they are disproportionatly represented in fashion and media? NO! Shame on you for calling all the commenter racist after "obviously" reading thoroughly all of them, but thank you for mentioning Brazilians of Japanese decent

Posted by: craig | May 20, 2011 5:15:03 PM

19. hey craig, I'm sorry that i used the word racist. I didn't mean to offend. really.

I just think that foreigners cannot understand brazilian culture. And you guys are always saying things that does not fit the reality. What I mean is that in Brazil we deal with race in a different way than europeans and americans. I've lived in US and europe and this characteristic really caught my attention.

I studied in US and Germany and always thought that was funny when in class an american say that he is african-american or a german say that is sirian-german. We don't have that in Brazil. Seriously. I think it's because everybody is an imigrant, every ancentor came in a ship - from europe, africa or japan. So, we don't say things like that. We all consider ourselves brazilian. doesn't matter where your ancestors came from and how many generations ago.

And this is very hard for you guys to understand. I'm blond and everytime that someone meet I hear: wow, you don't look brazilian. And that really pisses me off. Why not? I'm as brazilian as everyone else in the country. I'm fifth generation of brazilians.

And I never thought about that before i left the country for the first time. The foreigners made me think about that.

And in high school I had japanese, red hair, dark hair and black coleages. I just cannot accept when someone tells me that I don't look brazilian.

It's the same thing of thinking that all brazilian likes soccer, or go to the beach wearing speedo, or knows how to dance samba, or like caipirinhas

I'm sorry to destroy the dreams. But this is also not true. :)

Posted by: Daniel | May 20, 2011 6:36:29 PM

20. Made in Brazil is not a racist blog. He features black models whenever he can. He doesn't make the models famous though; it's not his fault that there aren't more models of colour in the business, it's the country of Brazil's fault. Brazil is a lot like America, they're both very diverse, but the fact remains that most people just want to see white models. I want to see models of every colour, but I'm not the average consumer. The average consumer wants white, white and more white, and that's why they dominate.

Posted by: Eric26 | May 20, 2011 10:56:41 PM

21. Daniel, maybe you should check this out:

As the prosecutor says in the clip, maybe you are confusing racial equality with racial coexistence.

Also this 2008 article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7195679.stm

Posted by: RW | May 21, 2011 12:03:33 AM

22. I love Francisco Lachowski in all his Brazilianess! And the only thing I have to say about these comments is that if American television, films, magazines, adverts, videos, universities, and CEOs reflected the real American cultural landscape - there would be white riots in the streets.
    Ooooo, Yeah I said it!

Posted by: scudpipe | May 21, 2011 11:39:07 AM

23. Brazil is an immigrant country like the U.S. It's people are made up of immigrants from all over the world. Yes, there are blond, blue eyed Brazilians, and Asian Brazilians.

MOST Brazilian male models I've seen in Made in Brazil and elsewhere on the internet, are white, dark haired, probably Portuguese,Spanish,Italian descent. This 'Look' seems to be most popular among gay men.

The majority of African slaves brought to the new world [9 out 10 I believe] went to Brazil and various Spanish colonies. 1 out of 10 came to the U.S. So Brazil does have a lot of black people, but the rest of South America, even Central America [and Mexico] there really aren't a lot of black people, mostly native Indian,Mestizo (mixed Indian/white), white.

Posted by: ratbastard | May 21, 2011 10:17:00 PM

24. brazilians are so sexy and hot in bed. as long as you have lots of money and are cool with them sleeping around, you'll get on fine.

Posted by: jr | Aug 22, 2011 9:23:28 PM