News | Piers Morgan | Ted Nugent

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Ted Nugent Repulsed by 'Unnatural Man-on-Man Sex' But Has No Problem with Gays

Nugent

Piers Morgan talked to rocker Ted Nugent about gay sex last night.

"I'm repulsed at the concept of man-on-man sex, I think it's against nature. I think it's strange as hell, but if that's what you are I love ya... I'm not going to judge another's morals...I say live and let live. Gay? Go nuts. Martians? Cool. ..Ultimately all that stuff is inconsequential for the spirit of an individual...I have friends that are gay."

Nugent was in the news recently for a Washington Times article ripping the NBA for fining Kobe Bryant over his anti-gay slur.

Said Nugent in the article: "To be exact, Mr. Bryant committed this egregious verbal foul because he used a word demeaning to homosexuals, the most protected class of people in America....If the NBA had any true gay convictions, the NBA should host a Homosexual Night. During halftime, the homosexuals could come down on the court, hold hands and prance around the court to music by the Village People. The NBA could then give each homosexual a pink basketball as a symbol of solidarity."

Watch Nugent on Piers Morgan, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I think most people are repulsed by Ted Nugent.

Posted by: Andrew | May 19, 2011 8:26:09 AM

2. I'm struggling to imagine who would watch a show with Piers Morgan and Ted Nugent as the only two people on the screen.

Posted by: Jack M | May 19, 2011 8:29:25 AM

3. Well, that's okay man, and, in fact, kinda parallels my experience. I love many straight people but (truth be told) the idea of man-on-woman sex pretty close to disgusting me.

Posted by: Danny | May 19, 2011 8:37:51 AM

4. Aside from that, Mr Nugent is a disgusting, ignorant small-minded man whose homophobia reminds me of that of Woody Allen or Bret Easton Ellis.

Posted by: Danny | May 19, 2011 8:40:36 AM

5. EH, he's a has been that I hardly EVER hear mentioned in day to day conversations. This article is the FIRST time in YEARS I have even seen his name in print. The guy is a once-upon-a-time rock star who no longer has a thriving career...in other words..NO ONE cares what he thinks, says or does...his opinion is his own...like us or not...go play the little bars you can still draw a crowd in, and leave gays alone...if you do, we will leave you alone....

Posted by: Keith | May 19, 2011 8:40:57 AM

6. I despise people who hide their blatant homophobia (Village People? Prancing? Pink basketballs of solidarity? I mean, does this guy write for The Onion?) behind the "but if that's what you do, hey man, live and let live...except I hate you and want you to die...but I have gay friends...whom I hate...but they're my friends..." bit.

Stop toe-tapping and come out of the closet already.

Posted by: Andalusian Dog | May 19, 2011 8:41:45 AM

7. First off, this dude is an attention seeker. He's irrelevant to 80% of the country, and only far-right conservatives follow him. Secondly, his whole "I have gay friends" "I don't judge people" BS fails when he says homosexuality is unnatural and repulsive. When you say I don't judge the morals of another person and you aren't anti-gay yet say being gay is gross and have made numerous anti-gay statements in the past, then clearly nothing you say is worthy of being taken seriously, and you're a relic who doesn't want to be known as the bigot you truly are.

Posted by: Francis | May 19, 2011 8:48:32 AM

8. Andalusian, jeez are you saying another disgusting human being is gay? Can you not choose some one NICE to be gay?

By the comments on this blog, every ugly dumb homophobe is gay. Great. Can't they just be a dumb ugly homophobe?

Thing is he probably does have gay friends. Not all gays are liberal or progressive.

Posted by: Rowan | May 19, 2011 8:50:48 AM

9. Who exactly is this guy anyway? I'm honestly not motivated enough to even Google him.

Posted by: MT | May 19, 2011 8:57:46 AM

10. I think sodomy is gross too, it grosses me out heaps, but I still support gay marriage and gay rights...

Posted by: Emily | May 19, 2011 8:58:06 AM

11. Note how Nugent didn't say anything about lesbian sex. Piers should have asked him. He could have exposed the hypocrisy of hemorrhoids like Nugent.

Posted by: bria. | May 19, 2011 9:01:53 AM

12. Only in america because of the insane puritanical ways is sodomy seen as gay.

LOADS of girls in Europe love and take it up the ass.

Posted by: Rowan | May 19, 2011 9:09:50 AM

13. @Rowan

Lots of American girls too. Paradoxically, America's puritanical values and religious fundamentalism actually increases the likelihood of anal sex. Because Christians place such a heavy emphasis on "purity" and virginity, many teenagers in those circles have gotten it in their heads that virginity only means vaginal sex. So they have no problem with oral or anal sex.

Posted by: Steve | May 19, 2011 9:15:00 AM

14. @BRIA: Because two women together is HOTTTT, according to every disgusting frat boy out there. And they don't have butt 5ex. Seriously. All of the hangups over gay marriage would go away if every gay man out there solemnly swore to never practice butt 5ex ever ever ever. If straight tools like Nugent don't protest, we might think HE loves the butt 5ex. Seriously. This is one Puritanical, Victorian country who has an entire army of hatred, homophobia and religious zealotry over a single sex act. Its so funny its like something The Onion would make up.

Posted by: AJ | May 19, 2011 9:20:18 AM

15. At first, I wondered if he had shed that hat himself. Then I realized it was only camouflage.

Posted by: Go Galt. Please. | May 19, 2011 9:30:08 AM

16. Guns are against nature, in more ways than one.

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | May 19, 2011 9:52:59 AM

17. He had a single chart at #22 in 1986.

Posted by: Runt | May 19, 2011 9:59:15 AM

18. Most of these straight-identifying guys have anal sex with women. They're straight-identifying sodomites.

Posted by: brian | May 19, 2011 10:00:52 AM

19. Okay, I will be fine with people expressing their disdain for Ted (Lord knows I do-effin sexist), but I will cry foul when it is some of the same posters who I have read condescending remarks about women's bodies--

Yes, you know who you are...

"Icky icky poo"

"I love women but the idea of sleeping with one makes me queasy"

I could go on. I see no difference in saying two men having sex is "gross" and saying that women's bodies are "icky icky poo"...in fact, to the people who make those remarks about women

Do you tell your mom who pushed you through that icky icky body that she's "icky icky"?

I think taking the moral high ground as it relates to racism, misogyny, etc will get you farther. You don't want to lose supporters in the struggle for equality.

Posted by: Rin | May 19, 2011 10:08:19 AM

20. Back at you Ted. I'm repulsed by you, but love musicians.

Posted by: mytwocents | May 19, 2011 10:09:39 AM

21. This article will pretty much tell you all you need to know about Ted Nugent and his biggest fan, Mike Huckabee:

Yeah, he's a real piece of work. Another GOP pervert and coward. You can also judge a man by the company he keeps, right Huck?

Posted by: Bob R | May 19, 2011 10:25:04 AM

22. Yes he is an ass, but in a crass way he said what most hetero men think. I fully expect hetero men to find man on man sex disgusting. I find man on woman sex foul beyond belief. It totally confuses and scares the hell out of me that a man would want to do that. Homosexuality isnt unnatural, but it is for him.

Posted by: rovex | May 19, 2011 10:27:14 AM

23. And THIS is the stuff that I mean:

"I find man on woman sex foul beyond belief. It totally confuses and scares the hell out of me that a man would want to do that."

Far, far too many people on Towleroad resort to racism, heterophobia, and misogyny when angered or confronted by a homophobe. When I hear Rick talk about women, my first reaction isn't to say things offensive to gay men. When I hear a Ted Nugent talk about women in a sexist, degrading way I don't think to strike back against men in general.

I just keep my remarks confined to the jerk saying them.

I look back sometimes at the many, many years of support for gay rights, of the bruises I have literally gotten, off fighting with street corner evanglicals, arguing with my bishop...then when I hear people say things about women, southerners, blacks, Catholics...I get really hurt.

Blame the people who hate, not the people of that same sexual persuasion, state, or belief system or else you are throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Posted by: Rin | May 19, 2011 11:20:18 AM

24. The sexual congress of any two adult people shouldn't concern or gross out anyone else that isn't involved. As for these gay friends we keep hearing about. I think people should actually have to produce verifiable names to substantiate their claims.

Posted by: blatherer | May 19, 2011 11:33:54 AM

25. Dear CNN, this man is an expert on nothing. Nothing. He sang some songs. Hey, I got an idea, lets book Britney Spears to talk about Mideast policy. This is why no one watches your pathetic network.

Posted by: Paul | May 19, 2011 11:39:29 AM