Debbie Harry | Music | Music Video | News

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Debbie Harry Wakes the Dead in Blondie's New Video 'Mother'

Harry

Blondie is back with a new album and video that pays tribute to the West 14th Street nightclub Mother and brings the downtown crowd back from the dead quite literally.

And keep your eyes peeled for the Kate Pierson cameo.

Watch "Mother", AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Debbies always been good still has a beautiful raw voice 2.Shes also always been an LGBT supporter :D

Posted by: Michael | May 18, 2011 7:35:01 PM

2. Yay! New Blondie!!!

Posted by: Eddie | May 18, 2011 7:52:49 PM

3. Wow, I never thought I'd say this, but Debbie looks a lot like Dolly Parton in that video! Funny video, good song.

Posted by: Paul R | May 18, 2011 8:02:17 PM

4. Blondie's still got it! A living legend!

Posted by: luminum | May 18, 2011 8:02:49 PM

5. She's still got it - good for her!

Posted by: Steve | May 18, 2011 8:04:35 PM

6. This is the best Un-birthday present EVER!!! I never dreamed there would be new Blondie - and it's almost as if they've never really been away. I was a toddler when 'Heart of Glass' was a hit, and loved Blondie because my big sister was a fan (along with Kiss). I can't wait to share this with her!

Posted by: DC | May 18, 2011 9:09:38 PM

7. Glitter Zombies! Love it!

Posted by: Giovarick | May 18, 2011 9:10:53 PM

8. She's still Debbie Harry - still rocking it at almost 61!

Posted by: Sancho | May 18, 2011 10:23:41 PM

9. Sancho, I love Debbie more than you, and it's almost 66! See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debbie_Harry for doubters. Good genes and good work, I say, and hats off to her. This new album is shaping up to be great!

Posted by: Tom | May 18, 2011 10:43:58 PM

10. The name of the club was called Mothers. No Jane County cameo? Where was the Johnny Thunders goul? Thank God ace drummer Clem was up there, he's the only one still moving air on that stage.

Posted by: Von Lmo | May 19, 2011 12:33:50 AM

11. ding ding ding ding ding What is Kate Pierson cameo, mark 1:16?

Posted by: MSquare | May 19, 2011 6:14:00 AM

12. WOW!!!

Posted by: Roseann | May 19, 2011 10:22:20 AM

13. Blondie old friend , I missed you! FYI, you are looking a little like Dolly Parton and the song sounds like it may have been written for Kelly Clarkson. That’s not a bad thing at all, I just thought we should have this conversation.

Posted by: Accidental Bear | May 19, 2011 10:50:06 AM

14. Dolly Parton? Yeah, that works I guess.

I was thinking more Mae West in Sextette.

Don't get me wrong, I was and am a HUGE Blondie and Debbie fan. (Less a fan of their hits than their songs that were never singles, like Flight 45, Rifle Range, Angels On A Balcony, Debbie's "Chrome," etc.) She doesn't really look *bad*, but she is 66 now. She needs to careful before she becomes a parody.

Posted by: Codswallop | May 19, 2011 2:53:06 PM

15. I've been mad for Blondie since she shared her coke with me in a bathroom stall at Last Hurrah in 1979. It's a great sound.

But... Harry doesn't need all that engineering thinning out her voice - some idiot has given her an edge-ectomy - and egads... did she get that grisly matron makeup done at a mall in Jersey? The vide already has sufficient zombies and only Dolly Parton should look like Dolly Parton.

Given the huge increase in the average age of Americans in the past couple of decades, somebody's going to have to figure out how to rock without being either young or a parody of yourself at 25.

Posted by: Bryan | May 19, 2011 3:56:13 PM

16. Catchy track for a 66 year old broad. I hope I'm rockin' as well in over two decades.

Posted by: Jacknasty | May 20, 2011 1:42:40 AM

17. I don't care what she looks like--it's Debbie Freakin' Harry! I still remember driving my parent's old Oldsmobile over to Fort Wayne Indiana for some gay r & r and praying, hoping, waiting for WMEE radio to play "Heart of Glass." I'll never get over this chick, not even "Rockbird" killed me.

Posted by: Mark in Indiana | May 20, 2011 10:25:06 AM

18. I love how these 'fans' comment about how Debbie is in danger of becoming a parody of herself when the most they have done in their lives is logged onto to the internet to trash people. It's a good song and Debbie is one one hardest working women in the business. Let's face it, the current stratosphere has no room for anything like Blondie anymore. We are all American Idolized.

Posted by: David | May 24, 2011 1:36:56 AM

19. Loving this new song Mother, I love Blondie! when can I buy Painc Of Girls in USA?

Posted by: John | Jun 9, 2011 2:59:41 PM