Lady Gaga | News

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Lady Gaga Has an Intimate Conversation with MTV

Gaga_mtv

In an MTV special airing on Thursday night, Lady Gaga tells MTV about the words that changed her life.

Watch the preview, AFTER THE JUMP...

Tags: MTV Shows

Comments

1. I realize that a lot of my peeps can't get enough of the Gaga, but I still think she is in serious need of a gag order if she wants to avoid overexposure.

Posted by: Really? | May 25, 2011 11:43:03 AM

2. WE LOVE YOU, MOTHER MONSTER! Gaga4Eva!

Posted by: CRISPY | May 25, 2011 11:58:02 AM

3. Seriously, get that mole checked!

Posted by: Craig | May 25, 2011 12:25:48 PM

4. I really like Gaga, but the get-ups as of late have been ridic. Too distracting.

Posted by: Chuy | May 25, 2011 12:46:58 PM

5. I see her name often on this blog, but don't really know who she is. Some kind of singer, I would imagine? Serious question ... why does she seem to be so celebrated?

Posted by: Bbobob | May 25, 2011 1:32:07 PM

6. So much better than old hag Madonna.

Posted by: Little Monster Joey | May 25, 2011 1:39:45 PM

7. BBOBOB, Just Google her. There will be PLENTY of information. Wikipedia is surprisingly informative too. Hello 21st century. :)

I really like her. I do not always love every song she puts out, but music aside, she is an inspirational person. She takes the time to fight for our rights and be on our side, which is a wonderful thing. I never understood why some gays get up in arms and criticize, she is doing more than any celebrity out their and her message reaches more people than anyone else. The only people doing more than here are those that have gay rights activism as a full time job. She is doing more than me and she is certainly doing more than anyone who posts a silly comment on here.

Anyone still wasting their breath bashing her just hasn't taken the time to really figure out how much she does. She could have picked any cause and she has picked the LGBT community. I appreciate her as an ally.

Posted by: Michael | May 25, 2011 2:41:52 PM

8. Is that Gaga or Jerri Blank?

Posted by: matt | May 25, 2011 2:42:34 PM

9. Love Madonna and Love Gaga. Now quit trying to stir shot up, Little Minster Joey like some pre-teen Internet troll and go get your homework done.

Posted by: Jerry | May 25, 2011 2:51:55 PM

10. those worried about her being overexposed should worry more what it is that she invokes in you to doubt or hate her...she is the gutsiest broad I've seen in generations....and her message of universal love and acceptance is nothing short of Peace Prize worthiness....go Gaga go!!!

Posted by: chris | May 25, 2011 3:45:24 PM

11. I agree CHRIS. I don't understand what it is about her that brings out the hate from the people that she constantly advocates for. I have a feeling that if she never mentioned gay topics or ever advocated gay issues those same people might not target her. Self-hating gays are the curse of the gay community.

Posted by: Jerry | May 25, 2011 3:57:35 PM

12. Really Chuy? Her outfits are getting ridic and distracting only NOW..?

Let's review:

*Gyroscope on head at Ellen taping? fashion. wrapped in red lace at the Grammy's? whatever.
    *Meat dress? no problem.
    *Bedazzled arm braces at MTV music awards? Stylishly functional!
    *Black and white hair and face prostetics? Whoah whoah! Too much!

Posted by: Griff | May 25, 2011 4:27:22 PM

13. LadY Gaga is about to sell one million copies of BTW in one week! 500,00 copies are digital downloads. When was the last time Madoldda, beyyawnce or Shitney have done the same!

Posted by: Little Monster Joey | May 25, 2011 6:22:08 PM

14. @Chris, I've expressed concerns about her overexposure before and I'm a huge fan of hers. The problem with overexposure is that it often leads to a backlash where people grow tired of her and the media stop covering her. That's happened with Britney, Lindsay Lohan, and countless other celebrities, both recently and long ago. I wouldn't want that to happen with Gaga.

I also worry about her as a person, because I'm constantly reading about how involved she is in every aspect of her music, fashion, interviews, etc. Given that she's the world's biggest pop star at the moment, that's an incredible amount of work for one person. (Yes I know she has designers, assistants, security, etc. But she's still doing a lot to ensure that her message is consistent and entirely hers.) With constant travel, touring, exposure, promotion, interviews, awards shows, etc., there's only so long she can do it before succumbing to physical ailments. She's said she lives in a constant state of exhaustion, and that's simply not healthy or sustainable for anyone. Basically I just want her to take a vacation!

Posted by: Paul R | May 25, 2011 7:48:40 PM

15. Anyone who inspires this much passion on both sides is accomplishing something huge.

Posted by: Tonic | May 25, 2011 8:13:43 PM

16. Ummm, Gaga fans, it makes no sense to make fun of Madonna when your girl has openly spoken about how much Madonna inspired her.

It makes you sound like an idiot that doesn't even understand your own idol. Comprende?

Posted by: Kevin B | May 25, 2011 8:27:49 PM

17. Uh, Gaga "fans" aren't making fun of Madonna. One angry loon is. There's a bit of a difference.

Posted by: Jacknasty | May 26, 2011 3:11:22 AM

18. ga gaga go!

Posted by: Seriously | May 26, 2011 8:26:42 AM

19. It's nice to see total losers give advice to those who are wildly successful.

Posted by: wimsy | May 26, 2011 11:51:52 AM