Bullying | Democratic Party | News

13 Democratic U.S. Senators Record 'It Gets Better' Video

Gillibrand

U.S. Senators Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio), Maria Cantwell (D-Wash.), Chris Coons (D-Del.), Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), Al Franken (D-Minn.), Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.), Mark Udall (D-Colo.), Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.), and Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) have posted a video for the "It Gets Better" project.

The effort was spearheaded by Coons, according to Politico.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Wistful thinking that there might have been an R after one of those names....I do know better, though.

Posted by: Butch | Jun 29, 2011 12:28:07 PM

2. I thought this was very well made…We should let these senators know that we appreciate the video and their support.

Lets send them all a thank you,

Posted by: Jason | Jun 29, 2011 12:32:47 PM

3. Why does it not surprise me that no members of that evil cabal, the Republican Party are absent from this issue?

Posted by: Jay | Jun 29, 2011 1:20:27 PM

4. I expected to roll my eyes at this. Instead, I teared up.

Posted by: Glenn I | Jun 29, 2011 1:30:55 PM

5. I almost didn't watch, but I was glad I did. I was certainly surprised when they started talking about marriage equality. I guess they are more 'evolved" than some...

Posted by: Married in MA | Jun 29, 2011 1:43:11 PM

6. I don't expect my elected representatives to tape "It Gets Better" videos. I expect them to make it better for LGBT Americans. Face time in front a camera won't accomplish that.

Posted by: Stuffed Animal | Jun 29, 2011 1:43:23 PM

7. The shout-out to the Trevor Project was exactly right. Maybe in a few years, Dan Savage - when he's tottering around in his Depends and yelling at kids to get off his lawn - will initiate a new life-saving project: "Trevor Project saved my life". Is there any doubt that the lives of future heroes have been rescued through their efforts?

Posted by: Hue-Man | Jun 29, 2011 2:37:42 PM

8. Really good. I liked it a lot. It is so important to hear gays have their support in the Senate, too. Touching and meaningful.
    @Stuffed Animal, c'mon now. Do you mean they shouldn't have done the video? I am glad they did.

Posted by: Matt26 | Jun 29, 2011 2:37:56 PM

9. where is the "it gets better" video for the people of Afghanistan or Iraq, the victims of American bullying? There isn't one, because it doesn't get better.

Posted by: suede | Jun 29, 2011 4:01:46 PM

10. How come no one ever told me how hot Senator Udall is?

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Jun 29, 2011 4:14:53 PM

11. Suede: Tell that to the Afghani women and the Iraqi shiites and Kurds.

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Jun 29, 2011 4:25:07 PM

12. I always like being reminded why I'm a Democrat!

Posted by: NY2.0 | Jun 29, 2011 5:39:04 PM

13. And the Republican party can't even contribute to a mostly symbolic video. Can't we get REAL progress someday???

Posted by: Alan Arthur Chiras | Jun 30, 2011 6:19:09 AM

14. All Democrats. Please note. Also, this is GREAT! Thank you Senators.

Posted by: Real | Jun 30, 2011 7:33:48 AM