Ann Coulter | News

Ann Coulter Won't Say How She Would Feel if Her Child Was Gay

Coulter

Conservative pundit Ann Coulter was asked by Piers Morgan last night how she would feel if one of her children turned out to be gay.

After a moment of dumbstruck silence, Coulter answers, "How would you react?"

Replies Morgan: "I'd be find with it. Would you?"

Coulter shakes head, "Ok," then finds an answer. "I can't imagine being married."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. "I can't imagine being married."

Is she anti-family?

Posted by: Gus | Jun 8, 2011 8:00:19 AM

2. Ugh, now I've got this image of her clumsily fumbling around with some pathetic pudgy pasty GOP-er screeching at him to 'Do it Right you pathetic worm!" Bleah.

Posted by: jexer | Jun 8, 2011 8:08:29 AM

3. Would we want someone like this to have a gay kid?

What an odd post or interview. It's Ann Coulter for chrissakes!

Posted by: Rowan | Jun 8, 2011 8:18:25 AM

4. she is such a closet case

Posted by: AlexM | Jun 8, 2011 8:24:30 AM

5. I think ALEXM has it right... she's so repressed and in denial. That's why she's so hateful - she hates herself and takes it out on the rest of the world. Typical!!!

Posted by: Gene | Jun 8, 2011 8:32:43 AM

6. She doesn't grasp the concept of raising children. She only uses her vagina for work.

Posted by: niles silverberg | Jun 8, 2011 8:40:38 AM

7. Did she look like that back when she was a man?

Posted by: MichaelD | Jun 8, 2011 8:40:42 AM

8. She's 49. If she were going to reproduce, she would have don it 10 years ago. I feel like her response is slightly tinged with the realization that she won't be having any kids... ever.

Posted by: Scott | Jun 8, 2011 8:47:22 AM

9. Her silence is identical to the silence I encountered in a heated email exchange I had with Mrs. Srivastava (Maggie Gallagher). I asked her the same question and if she would be happy knowing that her child would be discriminated against. She refused to answer. I'm sure Coulter would condone it for the sake of consistency and thereby avoid being branded a hypocrite or bigot.

Posted by: Robert | Jun 8, 2011 8:57:20 AM

10. Eww, can 'it' have kids? I question if she's even human.

Posted by: princely54 | Jun 8, 2011 9:05:44 AM

11. I can't imagine "her" being married either.

Posted by: Danny | Jun 8, 2011 9:09:20 AM

12. Who cares what this media whore (and I don't use that term loosely...it just happens to fit this disgusting woman who will say and do anything for attention) says? She's out whoring a book, written because she's desperately trying to hang onto her relevance when it has long since past.

And to the three men who I'm assuming were engaged to her: Damn guys, what the hell were you thinking? You can smell the high maintenence coming off her skin like desperate sweat. All I can tell you is fall to your knees and thank your God that you didn't marry her.

And out of Anne's own mouth: Don't believe eveything you read. Don't worry Anne, when it's something you write, I don't. In fact I don't even read it.

Posted by: Bart | Jun 8, 2011 9:10:17 AM

13. I'm sorry, but if she's going lob up softballs like this we're going to have to hit them: "Marry? Who would marry you?"

Posted by: pete | Jun 8, 2011 9:15:10 AM

14. Dear God,
    Please give Ann Coulter twins and make them both gay.
    Thank you very, very much.
    Sane Soul

Posted by: Sane Soul | Jun 8, 2011 9:18:46 AM

15. As with nearly every post about Ann Coulter, this has quickly devolved into a bout of trans-bashing. I hate to agree with Coulter on anything, but there is plenty to criticize her about if you just stick to the vile and reprehensible things she says, writes, and believes without resorting to a virulent and unrelated hatred of transgender people to communicate her awfulness. Every time people counter Ann Coulter's idiotic bigotry with slurs against her perceived gender (instead of addressing her actual words), it 1) reinforces the idea that society's hatred against transgendered people is correct and justified, and 2) lets her get away with her own hatred a little longer. One would hope that the posters on an LGBT-themed website would have a better understanding of these issues by now, but I guess not.

Posted by: Thomasina | Jun 8, 2011 9:21:47 AM

16. He should have asked her how she feels about being a self-hating lesbian.

Posted by: Ted | Jun 8, 2011 9:21:53 AM

17. Mann Coulter doesn't have a uterus, so (s)he's never had to think about having children.

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | Jun 8, 2011 9:26:13 AM

18. "I write about public issues. I don't write about me". So let me get this right -- She writes about public issues to influence how she feels you should feel about them, but feels exempt from telling us how she would feel about them???? WTF??? Classic conservative double-standard.

Posted by: Rucka | Jun 8, 2011 9:35:14 AM

19. She sold her womb for an adam's apple.

Posted by: Gregoire | Jun 8, 2011 9:36:50 AM

20. Such is life.

Posted by: Jedi | Jun 8, 2011 9:58:25 AM

21. she's kinda long in the face.

Posted by: Dan | Jun 8, 2011 10:15:33 AM

22. Thomasina, I couldn't agree with you more. There are so many legitimate things to criticize about Coulter: her bigotry; her logical fallacies and factual distortions; her brazen lack of empathy for wide swaths of the American populace. Why resort to ugly, transphobic swipes against her physical appearance and (perceived) gender identity?

Posted by: Matt Connolly | Jun 8, 2011 10:16:21 AM

23. So how is it that a bomb-throwing, purposefully provocative nihilist like Anne Coulter can receive so much as a minute of the national media's time? Anne Coulter's not the problem. Battle Axes like her snipe at neighborhood children in every block in America. Her appearances on national media says so much more about how degraded the media is. They can't (or won't) talk about genuine political issues like the regressive tax code, like subsidies for the wealthy, like the control that American financiers have over the finance laws in the USA; etc... No, they get outrageous, colorful "commentators" like Anne to spill their bile and create outrage. And the viewers believe they are being edified by watching cable "NEWS" stations. So long as the media continue to dupe Americans into thinking that political discussion consists of lobbing molotov cocktails into the political debate, then Americans will never get to hear genuine debate on genuine issues --no doubt, EXACTLY how the corporate owned media want things to remain!

Posted by: dancobbb | Jun 8, 2011 10:58:44 AM

24. I can just see her now in the delivery room, pushing out a little mewling babe while still wearing that same fuckin' little black cocktail dress.

Posted by: tpow | Jun 8, 2011 11:01:44 AM

25. "The Real Ann Coulter" is a sad, self-hating man.

Posted by: djork | Jun 8, 2011 11:03:27 AM