Cynthia Nixon | Gay Marriage | New York | News | Sean Avery

BigGayDeal.com

Cynthia Nixon and Sean Avery in Albany to Lobby for New York Marriage Equality: Video

Nix0n_avery

Actress Cynthia Nixon and New York Ranger Sean Avery were in Albany today bringing some star power to lobby senators on marriage equality there.

Said Avery:

“There’s a gentleman from Staten Island that I’m looking for that I’d like to have a chat with and shore up a couple of votes. I’m going to do it as kindly and gently as possibly for the next couple of hours.”

Watch both of them speak to reporters, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. How could you not listen to Sean Avery and do whatever it is he tells you to do?

Posted by: Gregoire | Jun 14, 2011 2:21:43 PM

2. good for Avery...he's really put himself out there on this issue. Thanks Sean!

Posted by: chris | Jun 14, 2011 3:17:59 PM

3. Note to Sean---you don't have to be kind and gentle with me--throw me on the floor and call me Maria!

Posted by: Really? | Jun 14, 2011 3:58:49 PM

4. Kudos and thanks to both Nixon and Avery.

Posted by: David R. | Jun 14, 2011 8:03:03 PM

5. Sean is so soft-spoken and.. well.. HOT. Good grief. Love those specs on him, too. Mmmmm.

Posted by: sparks | Jun 14, 2011 10:23:43 PM

6. The new coming out. Start off as a straight ally-before or after your career is over. Then come out after lots of work has been done to advance gay rights so that your transition is smooth and hurt free.

In other news, I really can't stand Cynthia Nixon and her smile.

Posted by: Rowan | Jun 15, 2011 7:35:17 AM

7. Rowan, who are you knocking and what is the relevance at all to this story. As far as we know, Sean Avery is a genuine straight ally, I've not heard anyone suggest that he's gay. Cynthia Nixon lived a straight life and discovered love with a woman later in life and pretty much came out in relative short order...she was hardly a closeted celeb in the way we are used to and hate so much. And I wouldn't say either was anywhere near the end of their careers. While she's not actively on a weekly hit show (which most actors aren't), she works steadily in high profile projects (HBO's TOO BIG TO FAIL being the latest) and Avery continues to play and plan his transition to fashion once he does retire from the sport. Maybe I'm misreading the intent of your comment, but it has a tinge of bitterness that appears to target two people (one bisexual, one straight) who are doing more for equality with their fame than we get from other "friendly" celebs. They're actually lobbying lawmakers in an out of the way location on a too-close-to-call issue dear to our hearts. Where's the call for bitterness?

Posted by: breckroy | Jun 15, 2011 9:03:10 PM