Caught in Gay Swarm, Shia LaBeouf Activates Heterosexuality Shield

Transformers actor Shia LaBeouf got caught in one of those terrifying Gay Pride 'swarms' over the weekend.

Gatecrasher reports: Shia

Shia LaBeouf could have used some protection from Optimus Prime at the SoHo Grand on Sunday night. A source tells us that when the "Transformers" star asked the hotel's staff where he could find a "cool" soiree to attend, he was directed to the Pride Party at the Yard, an outdoor space that the Grand recently opened, where the Misshapes and Matt Kays were providing the entertainment.

Little did LaBeouf know, the celebration was chockablock with gay men who, our insider says, "swarmed" the actor when he arrived with his girlfriend. The source says the quick-thinking LaBeouf used his lady as a buffer and the two started "hard-core making out," just in case any of the boys were getting ideas.

[gatecrasher]

Comments

1. sleepy bear says

Some things make you just appreciate actors like James Franco more and more…

2. WayneMPLS says

Does Towleroad cover this guy because someone here thinks he’s attractive? It certainly isn’t his awful acting or his arrogant personality that has won me over.

3. Rowan says

First of all, there are too many holes in this story and it sounds like the publicist did a quick thinking job to cover why he was at a pride party.

If it is true then gay men are seriously desperate. Come on, just cause he is famous?

4. Codswallop says

If Chia LePet’s “people” care that he’s perceived by much of the public as an arrogant tool, items like this aren’t helping.

“Actors” in Summer Blockbuster Special Effects Extravaganzas are interchangeable and replaceable (See: Fox, Megan). Once the audience decides they don’t care for an actor personally (See: Cruise, Tom) they stay away in droves, something his publicists would do well to keep in mind.

5. JKM says

What made-up crap. Another insecure so called straight man being stupid. Shia is not handsome nor his he a good actor. He’s just simply ewe.

6. kodiak says

Maybe the “swarm” was about the “bees” trying to establish who the ‘Queen” was and Shia’s pheromones were the most powerful. He’s lucky they didn’t drag him to a mailbox and try establish a colony, like some other bees did with a hunky mailman a few weeks ago in NYC!!!!

7. Yanz says

Is that picture Photoshopped? Anybody know?

Shia’s easy on the eyes but he’s a one note actor He has the same expressions in most of his movies and he lacks the gravitas to play serious roles.

But,hey, I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and hopes he improves.

8. Sarina says

I never found him to be attractive. I think he tries too hard to seem macho and that is a turn-off. I’m surprised he’s still famous. I always imagined him to have a short-term career.

9. says

This article suggests gay men are uncontrollably horny and deterred only by calling in emergency vagina. He’s famous. He’s going to get mobbed anywhere. Get a bodyguard or a new career and stfu.

10. ratbastard says

Shia Labeouf is a hottie. And I don’t think his .masculinity’ is an act.

The story though is goofy.

11. El-Brucio says

I suppose the question arises as to how much attention a celebrity is supposed to give fans in public before being left alone to do their own thing.

I suspect that he would have done the same thing at any event, gay or not, in an attempt to gain a small amount of alone time with the person he was dating. It’s easy to interrupt two people talking together, but more awkward to do so when they’re kissing.

12. jay says

Haahaa. I think the story is funny. Anyone who gets upset by this needs to calm the hell down. If it was a story about a gay man who used a PDA with another man to establish his sexuality in a room full of straight women no one on here would blink and eye. Kissing his girl friend was a quick, non-offensive way to establish some boundaries.

13. Rin says

Hold up! How many of you out there have never done this before? I’ve let it be known that I was with my date when I didn’t want people hitting on me. Hugging, kissing them etc a) lets people know you’re unavailable and b) lets your partner see that you’re staking a claim and they shouldn’t feel insecure.

Does everyone in the world want to be hit on at all times by everyone?

This is a non-story, IMO.

14. KC says

Some time ago I watched a short video where Shia and another male friend were playing some type of slapping game thingy where they were screaming “FAGGOT” at each other. Not someone I would pay to see.

15. Shannon says

THIS IS WHY YOU DESPERATE GAY ME HAVE TO –STOP– EVERY TIME SOMEONE APPEARS HERE FALLING OUT….STALKING THEM WITH “OMG GOD HE IS SOOOO HAWT”….THEY THINK GAY PEOPLE ARE PREDATORS WHO WANT THEM JUST BECUASE THEY ARE A MAN! THERE IS ~~~~~NOTHING~~~~~ HOT ABOUT HIM! AND HE IS SHOWING YOU HOW MUCH HE HATES YOU!!! GROW UP!!! GET SOME SELF LOVE AND SELF ESTEEM ABOUT YOURSELF GUYS…YOU ARE COMING OFF AND DESPERATE AND PREDATORY….

16. jaragon says

He is obviously an insecure straight guy in what is basically a profession filled with gay men- they can’t all be as cool as James Franco

17. Paul R says

He’s a crap actor and has a nasty personality. I don’t see how anyone can look at his face in that picture and think, “Hot!” The picture is several years old and it’s long been claimed to be a body fake.

And really, why would a famous young actor need to ask hotel staff where to find a cool party, and how could he possibly have known it wasn’t gay? The story makes no sense.

18. romeo says

The guy has proven consistently in the past that he is socially awkward with a penchant for saying ludicrous things. Handling the public end of being a movie star is obviously beyond him. He’s way over-rated, and I’m not sure how he could have gotten his start.

19. RedOnTheGreg says

I’ll bet the gay guy on the hotel staff had a little giggle when he sent Shia into a Pride Party. Or maybe Shia gave him a wink when he said he was looking for something “cool” to do.