Australia | News

BigGayDeal.com

'So the Dalai Lama Walks into a Pizza Shop'

Dalailama

An Australian morning show host feels the FAIL after trying out a joke on the exiled Tibetan spiritual leader.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. That man can come over to my house and fail anytime he wants.

Posted by: nodnarb | Jun 14, 2011 12:53:34 PM

2. I have a soft spot for corny jokes.

Posted by: Wes | Jun 14, 2011 12:58:03 PM

3. cute.

Posted by: rob | Jun 14, 2011 1:34:29 PM

4. Did you hear about the Buddhist who refused to take novacaine when he had his tooth pulled? He wanted to transcend dental medication!

Posted by: Jack M | Jun 14, 2011 1:51:35 PM

5. "Can you make me ONE with EVERYTHING". That's actually a good one. It's too bad the Dalai Lama doesn't eat pizza.

Posted by: Ioann | Jun 14, 2011 2:00:29 PM

6. I loved him for his effort but his co-host was right- it doesn't work when you have a translator off to the side.

Posted by: Frank | Jun 14, 2011 2:33:50 PM

7. Hilarious!

Posted by: Rick | Jun 14, 2011 3:11:57 PM

8. Who doesn't know what a pizza is. The DL was too busy staring at that hottie's crotch and salivating over the thought of becoming one with him!!!

Posted by: jim morrissey | Jun 14, 2011 3:34:16 PM

9. He still received a laugh from His Holiness. The Dalai Lama's laugh is one of the most beautiful things on the face of the planet...even if he doesn't eat pizza.

Posted by: benjamin | Jun 14, 2011 6:48:54 PM

10. Hottie host. He was so cute when he realized the joke bombed!

Posted by: sparks | Jun 14, 2011 7:07:51 PM

11. If you get a chance, you should watch as many youtube clips from this show as you can. I've seen many of them and they never fail to crack me up. The hotie anchorman, Karl and his co-hosts are way funnier than any morning show we have here in the US. Their Mylee Cyrus impersinations are priceless. If I ever get to Australia, this is one of the sights I want to see.

Posted by: Scot | Jun 15, 2011 4:15:04 AM

12. I don't get this joke either. Since when a Buddhist's aim is to become one with everything? I know for sure they don't want to become one with adulterers, murderers, substance abusers, etc... No wonder he didn't get that joke. Now. I've read an extended version of this joke when the Dalai Lama was asking for change back and the vendor told him that "change came from within." Now that is more relevant as Buddhist is well known for that zen stuff where you purify your inner self to promote change

Posted by: Me | Jun 15, 2011 1:10:55 PM

13. the proper joke is Did you hear about the buddhist who walked into a pizza shop and asked for a pizza with everything on it.

This is because for a Buddhist to reach a true state of Nirvana they have to be free from greed, want or craving etc.

The reporter didn't understand the joke to begin with. Idiots all of you!

Posted by: yuc57 | Jun 16, 2011 11:34:26 PM