Bullying | Minnesota | News | Target

Target Employees Made an 'It Gets Better' Video: WATCH

Target

LGBT Target employees talk about the bullying they experienced as kids.

And then you grow up and realize the anti-gay bully is just a corporate one. I suppose this clip is a good sign, but it's hard to miss the irony.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. That's the WORSE "Its Gets Better" and my reason why is...Where is the CEO? I don't want to hear from gay employees but from up management! I still will NOT shop at Target!!!

Posted by: wyocwboy62 | Jun 23, 2011 8:16:08 AM

2. Yes Target, thank you for asking, I am enough of a gonad to overlook the buckets of money you handed to haters because you let your employees do an "It Gets Better" video.

Posted by: MikeMick | Jun 23, 2011 8:56:12 AM

3. it'll take a lot more for me before I even consider spending a dime there. For now, Target remains off the list.

Posted by: chris | Jun 23, 2011 8:56:18 AM

4. I love the Spice Girls too.

Posted by: Kenton | Jun 23, 2011 9:12:22 AM

5. "It gets better. And pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

Posted by: The Milkman | Jun 23, 2011 10:10:27 AM

6. Boo Target management but hurray to the employees...

Posted by: Todd | Jun 23, 2011 11:00:19 AM

7. Gay whining about Target is so pathetic.

Posted by: AG | Jun 23, 2011 11:03:01 AM

8. @AG

Um, no it's not. There's nothing pathetic about not wanting to support a corporation that hates our people. Quite the opposite actually.

Posted by: Top to Bottom | Jun 23, 2011 12:08:52 PM

9. Sure is cheaper than donating an equivalent amount of money that you spent on an anti-gay group to a pro-gay group, right Target?

Pathetic. Do the right thing, not the CHEAP thing...

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Jun 23, 2011 12:15:56 PM

10. The hypocrisy is disgusting. If you look at info for Twin Cities Pride, the Target logo is all over the place. Way to keep them accountable for their actions. I hope I never turn into a whore for money like that. Oh wait, I have principles and like to sleep at night so it won't happen.

Posted by: PDX Guy | Jun 23, 2011 2:08:49 PM

11. Why always just the focus on Target? Other companies have made similar 'mistakes' over the years. Most recently AT&T, Nissan, FedEx, Comcast, DuPont, Pfizer, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Caterpillar, KPMG, Whirlpool, Embraer, Alcoa, and United HealthCare backed stripping Nashville citizens of equal protection but I don't hear of mass boycotts against any of these. So, give it a rest already or provide equal treatment yourselves.

Posted by: Seriously | Jun 23, 2011 2:36:23 PM

12. @Seriously: To my knowledge, none of those companies have crafted an image of being a more "progressive" company than their competitors.
    Many people, including myself, get much more upset when businesses presumed to be our "friends" stab us in the back. I also see this as the reason why folks get so upset at Obama. You can not proclaim yourself to be a "fierce advocate" then become wishy-washy on the issues.
    But Target did worse than that, they took their corporate funds, which come from the customers, and gave it to political candidates who actively work against LGBT issues.

Posted by: PDX Guy | Jun 23, 2011 2:53:38 PM

13. Well said PDXGUY.

Posted by: Rowan | Jun 23, 2011 4:37:52 PM

14. @PDX: I know that AT&T, Pfizer, Alcoa and Whirlpool regularly tout their "progessive" policies. Additionally, AT&T and Pfizer in particular regularly target the pink dollar.

I guess it depends on what you see as the worse offender. A company that gave money to a candidate who could potentially strip rights away or companies that proactively stripped rights away.

Posted by: Seriously | Jun 23, 2011 5:33:19 PM

15. Nice video. I still wont shop at Target. My money, my decision.

Posted by: Judy Was A Punk | Jun 23, 2011 10:54:16 PM