Comments

1. MatthewCA says

Seriously? That song title makes me want to punch myself in the face. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall and Every Wish is an Invisible Rainbow.

2. apsalted says

“I’d rather be a comma than a full stop” is one of my favorite lines ever.

3. ratbastard says

I actually like some of Coldplay’s stuff. That said the title is very cheesy and what are multi millionaire artists [who live luxury lifestyles] doing in an abandoned building? Trying to look edgy?

4. wll says

This is mediocre, blandish music. Still, I’d take it over yet another dullish Lady Gaga video where she seems to think she’s some kind of trendsetter as she dances to warmed-over Madonna music.

5. jayjay says

@MJ ..u can have ur likes n dislikes but making such blank judgement about others is both arrogant and obnoxious..n for the record I like coldplay but is open to hear some music by people who “cares” about music

6. Bryan says

Dense, contiguous, homogenous vertical color. Like an adequate hotel chain, it’s instantly familiar the moment you walk in the door. There’s nothing to hate, nothing to love, and that’s the point: no surprises. Nobody really likes beige, but nobody ever walked out over it either.

It reminded me of why I liked U2, so I stopped it halfway through and put on “The Joshua Tree.”

7. ratbastard says

Yes, it falls within the same genre as U2 [I only like their very early stuff]. Coldplay makes uncomplicated but nice enough pop ‘alternative’ music. I certainly don’t love them, but don’t hate them either, and there are a lot worse out there. On the very rare occasion I have a radio on playing music and they came on, I wouldn’t automatically change the channel or turn it off. Would I buy their music or attend a concert? No.

Anyways, why buy when you can get anything for free with the right software. This is why the music industry in such bad shape.

8. James says

This song is quite possibly Coldplay’s worst material. I played it a few times since its release and I’m shocked at how bad it is. I mean, it rivals some of the horrible material on X&Y and probably beats it. It’s that awful.

@MJ – your comment is valid but only towards this new Coldplay. Parachutes and A Rush Of Blood To The Head are two of the best alternative albums in the last couple of decades. AROBTTH remains my favorite alternative album — no matter how much Coldplay is sucking these days.