Comments

1. Strepsi says

@ KYLE OZIER – -exactly! “I’d say the simple fact of it makes a difference.”

When I was growing up a professional athlete would rather pour acid on his balls than say anything nice about us f*ggots, never mind use the polite term “LGBT teens”.

So yeah, it does get better. THANKS GIANTS.

2. chuy says

Bummer that Wilson, Bumgarner, or Lincecum wasn’t in this. But def appreciate the team members that do lend their support here! Go Giants!

3. TampaZeke says

No Brian Wilson? Really? I thought he would be the first to step up. I’m grateful to those who participated but I’m very disappointed that Brain Wilson, the face of the Giants, didn’t participate.

4. Vlad says

I am officially old because this made me cry. It’s futile, I know, but I can’t help wondering how different life might be if I’d seen and heard such supportive words when I was growing up in the 70s.

5. kevin says

hmmm, i don’t even think I heard the word ‘gay’. Yes, bullying affects most teenagers but this campaign is specifically about helping gay, lesbian, transgendered and non-gender conforming teens. It would be more powerful if it was less generic. I am not sure an uncertain, questioning teen would feel embraced by this.

6. kevin says

i heard LGBT – that is not the same as ‘gay’.
    I stand by my post – the message is too generic and we are being thankful for crumbs.

Having the stanley cup in the pride parade is more significant (go blackhawks)

7. Steve says

FENROX – that’s a little hostile.

As the first pro sports team to support the It Gets Better Project, you have to give them credit for doing so.

8. Paul R says

Apparently some of you aren’t aware that Brian Wilson is a very conservative Christian, his eccentricities notwithstanding.

I would have loved to see Lincecum in it. Or anything.

But as well intentioned as these spots are—and I sincerely appreciate the Giants doing this—it seems like they kind of ran their course a few months ago.

9. kimmer says

That’s awesome. That would have meant the world to me when I was a gay teen growing up in the deep South in the 70s. And yes, it would have made a huge difference. Go Giants!

10. Anthony says

@ Kevin; you’re right, they don’t say gay. By saying LGBT they’re saying, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender. That’s more inclusive than your preference of simply “gay.” You’re nitpicking and it makes you sound ridiculous.