Chord Overstreet | Chris Colfer | Cory Monteith | Glee | News

Chris Colfer, Cory Monteith, Lea Michele Not Leaving 'Glee'

Glee

Series' co-creator and executive producer Brad Falchuk told a Comic Con audience that three of Glee's stars, whom co-creator Ryan Murphy had said would be leaving at the end of the third season, would not be, Deadline reports:

“Here’s the exact thing: They’re seniors. They’re graduating. But that doesn’t mean they’re leaving the show," Falchuk said. "It was never our intention or plan to let these people go... They are not done with the show after this season.” Later on in the panel he revealed they had discussed the possibility of a spin-off show depicting the three graduates in New York, trying to start careers on Broadway, but that it probably wouldn’t happen and he was “leaning against doing it.”

Chord Overstreet will be leaving, however, of his own volition. “We told him to go with god,” Falchuk said.

A brief interview with some of the Glee cast including Harry Shum and Darren Criss, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Well I'll sleep better tonight.

Posted by: Rob West | Jul 25, 2011 8:49:06 AM

2. Great! They can portray those pathetic losers who never evovle beyond high school.

Posted by: Patrick | Jul 25, 2011 9:23:54 AM

3. Thank god. Back to real news not this crazy Oslo stuff or anti-gay Christians or this silly marriage stuff.

The three brilliant actors from Glee are not leaving the show after they graduate. Great.

Posted by: Rowan | Jul 25, 2011 9:51:56 AM

4. Following the characters after high school - and having younger characters in New Directions will give the show more story material. This is a better idea than the spin-off show they were offered.

Posted by: Bobeau | Jul 25, 2011 10:03:33 AM

5. I never really cared for Chris Colfer or Lea Michele. I wish they had left the series. On the other hand, I am a big Harry Shum fan. Perhaps I'm different because I like dancing more than I like singing.

Posted by: Bryan J Blumberg | Jul 25, 2011 10:38:52 AM

6. "Thank god. Back to real news not this crazy Oslo stuff or anti-gay Christians or this silly marriage stuff"

Well, unlike people like you, Rowan, I can deal with spending a whole *30 SECONDS* out of my day to read this item, allowing me to keep track of one of my favorite shows. If you claim that all you think about is politics and gay rights every moment you're awake, you're either psychotic or a liar.

Aw, not liking this. I really wanted them to have the stones to write out via graduation popular characters. Damn.

Posted by: Henry Holland | Jul 25, 2011 10:52:17 AM

7. "We told him to go with god".

What an odd thing to say.

Posted by: Randy | Jul 25, 2011 12:15:42 PM

8. Glee is so over. Hitch your wagon to "Smash," kids.

Posted by: finkles2000 | Jul 25, 2011 2:03:15 PM

9. @Randy: Agreed.

I would guess he's leaving because they've basically written him out of the show. He's got a lovely face and even lovelier body, but he can't act to save his life.

Posted by: Paul R | Jul 25, 2011 5:32:01 PM

10. i hope anderson cooper takes his precious journalistic talent to write a super bitchy piece on this for cnn.cnn-real journalists...um somewhere else.

Posted by: sal | Jul 26, 2011 12:17:21 PM

11. I think Finn and Rachel are Sophomores
    I think Kurt is a Junior

Please don’t graduate Finn, Kurt or Rachel

Did Naya Rivera. confirmed that Finn,Rachel and kurt are graduating this year

Finn is a a leader of the New Directions Finn is only a Sophomore

Posted by: Erin Thompson | Dec 31, 2011 11:47:28 AM

12. Well I'll sleep better tonight.

Posted by: Erin Thompson | Dec 31, 2011 11:48:48 AM