"Ex-Gays" | Ann Coulter | Don't Ask, Don't Tell | Gay Marriage | Joy Behar | Military | News | NY marriage equality

Ann Coulter Wants the World to Shut Up About the Gays: VIDEO

Coulter

Joy Behar had conservative pundit Ann Coulter as a guest last night. After a conversation about the debt ceiling negotiations, Behar asked Coulter about a few gay topics.

On Marcus Bachmann:

"Liberals are preying on the same kind of gay stereotypes they normally reject."

On praying away the gay. She thinks it's possible:

"There are some people who maybe weren't really gay to begin with...were maybe molested..."

On is she happy about marriage equality in New York?

"The only reason I might be happy is that maybe they will shut up about it. Okay, the media capital of the world has gay marriage. Can we move on now?

On Don't Ask, Don't Tell:

"I not only want 'don't ask, don't tell' for the military, I want 'don't ask, don't tell' for society. Just give me a week where we're not talking about the gays."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Just give me a decade where I don't have to hear the name Ann Coulter.

Posted by: johnny | Jul 28, 2011 7:38:28 AM

2. Translation: "Look at ME! I'm being outrageous! Direct your anger at ME! Pay attention to ME! It doesn't matter that I have nothing to say! Insult ME! ME! ME! ME! The entire world is all about ME!"

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | Jul 28, 2011 7:39:28 AM

3. Honey, that dress must SMELL by now. She's been wearing it for 15 years!

Posted by: tpow | Jul 28, 2011 7:49:07 AM

4. aside from gay republicans (who clearly need help) - who likes Ann Coulter ? Not sure i understand who her audience is ? An elite republican ? Aren't they supposed to like ill educated common sense folksy types ? Don't republicans generally hate women ? Republican's sort of hate people from New York as well...so I am confused. Who buys an Ann Coulter book ? She is just odd. I am always left a bit confused by her. Not angered because nothing she says makes any sense. I don't really pity her...I guess my feeling is just utter confusion as to what she thinks she is exactly.

Posted by: Paul | Jul 28, 2011 8:00:19 AM

5. I hate that shrew - she needs a kick in the khunt

Posted by: Gay American | Jul 28, 2011 8:06:24 AM

6. Go away Mr. Coulter before a house drops on your head-

Posted by: Nick | Jul 28, 2011 8:10:36 AM

7. How is it that I made it through the entire clip? Coulter's voice is like nails on a chalkboard. My head hurts.

Posted by: Gigi | Jul 28, 2011 8:25:37 AM

8. Sorry Ann, we won't stop talking about gays and gay rights. Perhaps if we talk about it more you will melt into a puddle like a certain Wicked Witch I could name....

Posted by: Jack M | Jul 28, 2011 8:35:10 AM

9. Dear liberal media --- please stop bringing this inconsequential media whore into your midst. She is meaningless and sort of sad. You seem to think that someone out here cares about what she says. Check the ratings on any show she's on, they should back up my assumption that no one does. Besides making other people feel better about themselves by not being as needy and attention starved as Ms. Coulter, she serves no fuctional purpose in life. Her name shouldn't be on any guest/casting list for any reasonable, intelligent news program.

Ms. Coulter doesn't need to go away mad, she just needs to go away. We already know she's mad.

Posted by: Bart | Jul 28, 2011 8:51:18 AM

10. We need DADA (Don't Ask, Don't Ann). For all of society.

Posted by: Ted | Jul 28, 2011 9:27:45 AM

11. @ Johnny: Thread's over. You win one Internet.

Posted by: Rich F. | Jul 28, 2011 9:28:51 AM

12. Paul, the likes of Log Cabiners, GOProunders and gay Civil Libertarians buy her books no doubt.

Posted by: robert in nyc | Jul 28, 2011 9:42:17 AM

13. In other words, to the Liberal Media "Stop Trying to positively Mainstream Gay America, so that we, True GOP/TP conservatives, can continue to vilify, denigrate, humiliate, scapegoat, and otherwise use Gays as fodder in our political campaigns!! As long as Gays obtain Rights and as long as they are mainstreamed then we can't use them to our benefit so Please Stop Talking about GAYS (in a positive way that is)!!!!

Posted by: alexInBoston | Jul 28, 2011 9:55:09 AM

14. GOProud fail

Oh Coulter..... you gotta hand it to her, she knows how to make money from the scum of the country.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Jul 28, 2011 9:57:18 AM

15. Wish she would go back to the corn field, scaring off crows.

Posted by: Gregoire | Jul 28, 2011 10:02:36 AM

16. It's amazing that anyone still listens to what this hate-filled, pseudo-masculinized dingbat has to say. Sad to note she has a following from a certain kind of gay man who finds her hateful humor "witty". In LA, gay talkhole John Phillips on KABC radio practically kisses her butt each time she's in town pushing a book.

She's a trainwreck in progress, and it's mischievous fun to watch her unravel and foam at the mouth each time she talks about "da gays". Eventually she'll self-destruct.

Posted by: Just sayin' | Jul 28, 2011 10:30:52 AM

17. what makes coulter an expert on anything? she is nothing more than a media whore seeking attention and headlines. let's stop putting her out there and giving her a platform for her hate.

Posted by: walter | Jul 28, 2011 10:50:11 AM

18. Can we stop giving her attention now?

Posted by: Pistol Peterski | Jul 28, 2011 11:33:58 AM

19. And Chris Barron and GOProud come out in defense of Ann Coulter in 3, 2, 1...

Posted by: NY2.0 | Jul 28, 2011 11:54:43 AM

20. My sister is a Republican, in the south no less, and her opinion of Coulter is: "Who? Oh, her. *eyeroll*"

Posted by: Vince | Jul 28, 2011 12:26:51 PM

21. What we need is Larry Kramer and Ann Coulter on the same program.

Posted by: anon | Jul 28, 2011 12:30:05 PM

22. On the one hand, I'm all for knowing what misinformation, mischaracterizations, and out right evil is out there and against us. On the other hand, there's Ann Coulter. Same old same old. I didn't waste my time listening. I wish we could stop hearing about her. I wish this blog would stop showing her wretched and wretch-inducing visage. Let's make her go away, one media outlet at a time, starting with this one. Please.

Posted by: TJ | Jul 28, 2011 12:41:18 PM

23. As long as I don't actually have to watch Ann Coulter (I'd sooner stick forks in my eyes than watch the above video clip), I just find her a hilarious performance artist. I mean, the idea of her telling anyone to shut up about anything when her bank account depends on her railing against the so-called liberal nonsense she supposedly doesn't want to hear. And I have to give her kudos for taking the idiots at GOProud for a ride. If people are willing to pay people to abuse them, the con artist abuser deserves just a little credit, however desperate she's looking to most sane people.

@Anon: the difference between Larry and Ann is that Larry actually believes what he says, and what he says has meaning.

Posted by: Ernie | Jul 28, 2011 12:46:12 PM

24. Hey Andy… How 'bout a site without Ann Coulter?

Posted by: Bryan | Jul 28, 2011 1:07:33 PM