Beth Ditto | Madonna | News

BigGayDeal.com

Madonna-Approved Beth Ditto Performance of 'Vogue': WATCH

Ditto

We know from her February video for "I Wrote the Book" that Beth Ditto is a Madonna fan, but reportedly the feeling is mutual:

The Queen of Pop was impressed by the American musician’s performance of her classic hit Vogue, her manager Guy Oseary has revealed...

Beth is well known for her energetic and scantily-clad performances – and it seems her confident performance went down well with the Queen of Pop.

“I just showed Madonna the video of Beth Ditto performing Vogue at Moscow Miller party,” Guy wrote on social networking site Twitter. “She thought Beth was great...”

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via ontd)

Comments

1. She looks better than she sounds.

Posted by: LetSodomRing | Jul 29, 2011 7:57:31 PM

2. If I wasn't gay before, I would be now.

Posted by: Adam | Jul 29, 2011 8:18:52 PM

3. You know, I was thinking I was going to be cringing and embarrassed watching this, but how you carry yourself really has an effect. She seems completely confident and secure. The only thing I noticed was them having a fun time on stage singing a great song, and my only nitpick is they dropped the confetti too early. ;p

Posted by: C | Jul 29, 2011 8:51:36 PM

4. @ C: This must be the first time Beth Ditto has been brought to your attention. Whether on the catwalk of a Gaultier show, or on a stage at Coachella, Ditto does her thing like she doesn't give a f***!! She's flawless in my book.

Posted by: Sean | Jul 29, 2011 9:29:21 PM

5. I dig Beth, she literally doesnt give a f*&k and I respect that :-)

Posted by: MrJ | Jul 29, 2011 10:17:12 PM

6. Loved it... my only dis... she didn't really vogue at all. Otherwise, love her courage and confidence, and she's a grwat singer, as well

Posted by: graphicjack | Jul 29, 2011 10:24:22 PM

7. There was no voguing in the portion of this clip I was able to stomach, sure, take more of our struggle and tradition and change it into cheap dance moves, at least Madonna had the respect and decency to hire actual voguers for her tour and music video.

Posted by: John M | Jul 29, 2011 11:11:40 PM

8. @C: That was roughly my response too.

I mean, the still frame is a bit jolting. But if you just watch the clip, all you REALLY notice is them having a good time.

I approve of bad-ass attitude. I think she's got it, for what it's worth.

I've always believed that HOW YOU CARRY YOURSELF can make a world of a difference.

and here's a classic example.

Posted by: just_a_guy | Jul 29, 2011 11:20:17 PM

9. It disgusts me to see anyone criticize this. Beth Ditto is astounding. If you can't get past her size to see what a ferocious performer she is, you're missing out on a shitload in life.

Posted by: Top to Bottom | Jul 30, 2011 12:39:33 AM

10. I loathe fat people.

Posted by: allan | Jul 30, 2011 3:00:34 AM

11. Fine, be disgusted. Obese creatures are at much higher risk of dying early. Simple fact, whether it's my mother or my dog. I can control my dog's intake, I can't control my mother's. Yet I love them both, and I don't want a food addiction to take either away from me early.

That's common sense. I'm glad that Beth is able to love herself---impressed, in fact---but she needs to lose weight. And while her voice is great, she can't vogue at all.

Posted by: Paul R | Jul 30, 2011 3:07:02 AM

12. -Something unexpected surprise--

Hello. My friend

Dedi cated service, the new style, believing you will love it

WE ACCEPT PYA PAL PAY MENT

YOU MUST NOT MISS IT

Posted by: zhongoj | Jul 30, 2011 3:53:04 AM

13. @toptobottom....then be disgusted. Stomping around in public in your underwear isn't edgy, or unique or artistic, regardless of weight. She looks like something from "People of Walmart". And her voice is OK, but nothing spectacular.

Posted by: Seth | Jul 30, 2011 7:05:53 AM

14. I find her to be a unique and compelling performer. And while I appreciate the "health" argument a poster makes as justification for his disgust/dislike--his judgement and rejection--of her, I wonder if he applies the same harsh standard of judgement, rejection, and public derision of all who smoke regularly. Who not only do damage to theory bodies but potential damage to those around them, not to mention cumulative damage to furniture/fabrics, etc. But just starting with "fine, be disgusted with me for telling the truth and rejecting the fame and celebration of people who live a lifestyle that is unhealthy," is there comparable or greater outrage for famous singers who smoke, use drugs, engage in risky sexual behavior? That's always my question for people who use health as a justification for attacking or tearing down heavy celebrities. I can't speak for everyone, but in 100% of the people I've known in person, the physical attractiveness ofbthe obese seems to give them extra permission to be ugly in a public discussion.

Posted by: BreckRoy | Jul 30, 2011 10:15:22 AM

15. The guys are MUCH MORE interesting than she is. But I give her big props.

Posted by: michael | Jul 30, 2011 10:42:56 AM

16. I'm sure some of the them loathe you as well Allan.

Posted by: Terra | Jul 30, 2011 11:37:40 AM

17. She had me entranced when Gossip released "Heavy Cross"... been a fan since. Love ya Beth.

Posted by: WayneMPLS | Jul 30, 2011 11:49:02 AM

18. It is ok not to like a video of an unattractive fatty who appears to lack talent and common sense. This performer certainly does not lack the need for attention, but that doesn't mean we should support her.

Posted by: Jake | Jul 30, 2011 4:36:56 PM

19. The only reason Madonna "approves" is because this person is absolutely no threat to her whatsoever.

Posted by: prophet | Jul 30, 2011 4:40:15 PM

20. Right on! Do what you want. Forget the body fascists. Love yourself anyway. Have fun and take up space. Ever read an interview with Beth? She's a total supporter of GLBT folks. Get passed her size? Hell no. Celebrate that we are of many sizes and all of us have a voice. F!@# yeah.

Posted by: Mrs. Sippi | Jul 30, 2011 5:38:13 PM

21. Well, atleast she's entertaining and not being a couch potato.

Posted by: surgicalassistant | Jul 30, 2011 6:23:27 PM

22. Beth Ditto is a gift from heaven !!!

If people hate you, you are doing your job.

Posted by: ricky rocky | Jul 31, 2011 4:53:30 AM

23. Mediocre voice and slightly boring performance. All credit to Beth Ditto for being confident in herself, and diverse imagery should always be welcomed in media. But is she actually good enough to deserve the attention: wouldn't she have just faded into obscurity if it wasn't for her being overweight?

Posted by: Charles | Jul 31, 2011 6:17:03 AM

24. Some people are big and will be that way regardless of what they do. Some people are big and can change that. Not everyone is the same
    Stop disguising your hatred for fat people as a health concern, we can all see through it.
    Beth Ditto is more beautiful and talented than you, and I know that most be terribly difficult for you.
    (Yes, I know I'm not talking to anyone in particular)

Posted by: Eric26 | Aug 1, 2011 2:47:05 AM