Baseball | News | Sports

Florida Marlins Player Survives Praying Mantis Attack: VIDEO

Mantis

Florida Marlins left fielder Logan Morrison bugs out in the dugout at the Nationals Game.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(last angry fan via buzzfeed)

Comments

1. Praying mantises are supposed to be good luck. Did the Marlins win? Never saw one jump like that.

Posted by: Jack M | Jul 28, 2011 2:38:28 PM

2. If it were me, I would have screamed like a woman..

Posted by: dk | Jul 28, 2011 3:07:32 PM

3. I had one jump right at my face like that. Surprising, but not particularly scary: they really can't hurt anything as big as a human being.

Posted by: KevinVT | Jul 28, 2011 3:49:13 PM

4. @kevin...I'm extreamly relieved to know that I will be able to survive a praying mantis attack...thanks!

Posted by: The Iron Orchard | Jul 28, 2011 3:58:23 PM

5. Yes, they won't hurt you,but hell if you get bit. I'd probably scream bloody murder if that happened to me. Ew, and it was crawling all over him too. Scary!

Posted by: Robert | Jul 28, 2011 5:02:35 PM

6. LOL funny to see butch jocks act like such wimps- it's just a cool looking bug!

Posted by: jaragon | Jul 28, 2011 6:09:59 PM

7. I used to catch them all the time as a kid. Harmless. :D

Posted by: Bravo | Jul 28, 2011 6:46:17 PM

8. Obviously he isn't aware of how to defend against mantis kung fu!

Posted by: Marc C | Jul 28, 2011 6:59:25 PM

9. Well overreaction or not, that is one hot dude.

Posted by: Derek Pearce | Jul 28, 2011 7:38:59 PM

10. have you seen their tiny little mouths? they can't really bite you. aren't they herbivores?

Posted by: anferny | Jul 28, 2011 9:12:42 PM

11. we used to look for them when i was a kid. and grandma used to say it was good luck to have them around the house, as they helped to keep other critters away from the house....

Posted by: tinhouston | Jul 28, 2011 10:53:34 PM

12. As a Gay man and an Entomologist, can I have one of each specimen?!

Posted by: Wirrrn | Jul 29, 2011 2:29:23 AM

13. It was a GAY praying mantis, who wanted to SUCK this "supposedly" straight jock.

Posted by: Kyle | Jul 29, 2011 5:24:04 AM

14. @Anferny - they are carnivores but they don't eat humans. Mostly they eat other insects but I think there are reports that they might catch other things. Some gardeners use them to kill garden pests. Another interesting point, the female will most likely eat the male during the mating process.

Posted by: Jim | Jul 29, 2011 9:29:04 AM

15. Kyle, why call him "supposedly" straight. You're a cretin.

Posted by: Glenn | Jul 29, 2011 9:56:34 AM

16. Praying Mantis eat "bad bugs" and therefore a protected species in most states. If you have them in your garden, you are in luck!

If you are a male praying mantis, you are better off being gay; after mating, the female praying mantis (which is much larger than the male) eats him. So much for afterglow.

Posted by: Patrick | Jul 29, 2011 12:59:58 PM

17. That was too funny, he was really freaking out. The mantis has good taste in men, it just wanted a closer view.

Posted by: BEAU | Jul 29, 2011 2:11:46 PM

18. Great stuff! Something else that's related to your post is this video I saw about a sterotypical gay guy on YouTube. You have to see it! http://youtu.be/uQRnl9Ti-1s

Posted by: sandy | Jul 30, 2011 4:36:12 AM

19. Praying Mantis make good pets. Here's mine, Ms Mantis, she gone now but here descendents flourish in our garden. Check out my photo.

Posted by: ronsfo | Jul 30, 2011 11:49:02 AM

20. Wow. :) She fight with Mantis Kung-fu so bevare her! It's a female mantis.

Posted by: Gyn | Oct 17, 2012 4:17:53 AM