Marcus Bachmann | Michelle Bachmann | News

Marcus Bachmann Acts as Michele's Sometime Stylist

Stylist_bachmann From a 2006 Star Tribune article about the then-Congresswoman-elect's "haute" style:

Shopping help comes from another quarter, as well. Before Vice President Dick Cheney's visit this past summer, Bachmann's husband, Marcus, hit the stores -- "he's got a good sense of style" -- and came home with "a sleek, simple hourglass dress with a yoke collar in winter white." He even bought a matching coat and shoes. "I just slipped it on."

Comments

1. Wow! I'm gay and even I couldn't go out and pick a nice dress for a woman to wear. Interesting.

Posted by: Jack M | Jul 20, 2011 9:21:02 AM

2. Praying has kept him away from sucking cock, but he still can't resist a woman's dress shop.

Posted by: The Iron Orchard | Jul 20, 2011 9:29:18 AM

3. This is hilarious. I wonder if she's going to put a muzzle on his appearances from now on - I also wonder how much footage and documentation is already out there on Marcus, and how much will be dug up as she continues on her Presidential journey. I can't wait to see...

Posted by: Alan Bennett Ilagan | Jul 20, 2011 9:29:39 AM

4. Marcus tries to imagine himself in it first before he suggests it to his husband-err wife---

Posted by: Nick | Jul 20, 2011 9:29:40 AM

5. An ideal husband? How many wives are able to send their husbands shopping a dress knowing the result will be perfect? Not many, hardly any.

Posted by: Matt26 | Jul 20, 2011 9:38:51 AM

6. I was shopping for my wife Bonnie. I buy most of her clothes.

Posted by: The Milkman | Jul 20, 2011 9:39:07 AM

7. Quelle surprise.

Posted by: Doug Chgo | Jul 20, 2011 9:39:51 AM

8. To quote Golden Girl Sophia Petrillo regarding Blanche's brother Clayton, "the man's as gay as a picnic basket!"

Posted by: Ron | Jul 20, 2011 9:43:07 AM

9. Thanks so much for your continuing efforts on this.

Posted by: custom term paper | Jul 20, 2011 9:52:40 AM

10. LOL @ Ron's Golden Girls quote.

Posted by: Christian | Jul 20, 2011 9:55:17 AM

11. Puh-leeze, Miss Thing. Perhaps Marcus could be a guest judge on one of those reality TV fashion design shows. Sounds like he'd be purr-fect.

Posted by: HadenoughBS | Jul 20, 2011 10:00:09 AM

12. The Bachmann's are an accident waiting to happen. Can't wait! Vengeance is mine, sayeth the gays ...

Posted by: Leroy Laflamme | Jul 20, 2011 10:03:27 AM

13. Eagerly awaiting the reports on Miss Marcus's passionate interest in interior design, the revelation that he does Michele's hair and the secret recipe for his simply divine Appletinis.

Posted by: justme | Jul 20, 2011 10:12:27 AM

14. Of course she does. It's obvious Michele has no style of her own. I just wonder if he gets an extra set of everything in the plus-size department. You know. Just in case.

Posted by: Mike | Jul 20, 2011 10:31:43 AM

15. If Michelle doesn't win there is always Dancing With the Stars....Marcus has already got down the moves.

Posted by: Mike Triggs | Jul 20, 2011 10:31:43 AM

16. Just thought of something. It's common knowledge the Australian Prime Minister's husband styles her hair, so there's no way Marcus can be gay. Still, I hear a time bomb ticking.

Posted by: Leroy Laflamme | Jul 20, 2011 10:38:50 AM

17. Michele must be doing an awful LOT of praying!

Posted by: Oliver | Jul 20, 2011 10:55:11 AM

18. Either way, it's stereotyping gay people. Not all gay men are into female attire or inclined to effeminacy and girlie behaviour. Homophobes love to play the effeminate card = being gay, just as they equate pedophilia = gay.

Posted by: robert in nyc | Jul 20, 2011 11:01:16 AM

19. Damn The Milkman for beating me to it... but here's the full Corky St. Clair quote:

"I was shopping for my wife Bonnie. I buy most of her clothes and Mrs Pearl was in the same shop! And it just was an accident you know, we started talking... about panty hose, she was saying... whatever that's not the point of the story but what the point is is that through this accidental meeting... it's like a Hitchcock movie you know where you're thrown into a rubber bag and put in the trunk of a car, you find people. You find them. Something, is is it karma? Maybe. But we found him, that's the important thing. And I got Bonnie a wonderful pantsuit. "

Posted by: Dave | Jul 20, 2011 11:02:17 AM

20. I have an Argentine friend who's married to a former Ford model who is a dead ringer for Naomi Campbell. He loves spending money on her clothes, but he's no better than 50/50 in buying what she wants.

Posted by: Frank | Jul 20, 2011 11:04:22 AM

21. OK, so here's the thing. These people are vile. No question there. But what we're doing is reporting - and reinforcing - gay stereotypes. It's not helpful, and we end up looking like the bullies.

If we really want to sink their ship and report on news, then let's find news. Find the guy's he's slept with on the side. Find his Manhunt profile. Find something incriminating.

The fact he is effeminate and can pick a dress and a yoke necklace is funny, but it means nothing.

Posted by: AP | Jul 20, 2011 11:05:50 AM

22. The man is as gay as lube and poppers, "Not that there's anything wrong with that."

Posted by: SONNIE | Jul 20, 2011 11:06:46 AM

23. Michele Bachmann is officially a beard now.

Posted by: Todd | Jul 20, 2011 11:07:32 AM

24. Dear God!

Posted by: Sean | Jul 20, 2011 11:10:34 AM

25. I think it's fine to mock Marcus Bachmann. The Barney Frank rule says it's morally OK to out a closeted politician if he uses his power to harm gay Americans. I think a similar rule could say it's OK to mock the flaming characteristics of anyone who makes a career for themselves in trying to cure gay people.

Reparative therapy is so harmful and ruins so many lives that I think any gay stereotypes those horrible "doctors" engage in are ripe to be exploited to bring them down a peg in the public eye. After all, it thwarts their theory that it's possible to cure yourself of homosexuality and it reinforces the notion that the most ardent opponents of gay rights are self-hating gays themselves. That's a powerful message.

Posted by: Landon | Jul 20, 2011 11:17:00 AM