Comments

1. Beau says

I read the article from CNN. Andrew was a remarkable human being. I was greatly saddened by the loss of this truly beautiful specimen of mankind. My heart goes out to his equally remarkable parents and family, as well as all that knew him. Although I personally did not know him, I feel the better for it, for having known of him.

2. ratbastard says

These people need all the strength and support they can get. I read an article about Andrew and was impressed. He wasn’t the stereotype soldier [MANY aren’t] that a lot of ignorant people automatically think of when they here ‘soldier’.

3. garyj says

A beautiful story of love, honor and sacrifice.

Bless, Andrew Wilfahrt and parents Lori and Jeff Wilfahrt.

Makes me proud to be an America and proud to be Gay.

4. Michael@LeonardMatlovich.com says

The Wilfahrts are amazing! According to the CNN article, “[His Father] skipped a recent White House tea with the First Lady held for families of service members. He wanted to send a message to the Obama administration: My son gave his life for his country, yet didn’t have full rights back home.” This is the THIRD Independence Day since Barack Obama was sworn in with DADT still the law despite repeal authorization last December & Candidate Obama saying FOUR YEARS AGO: “America is ready to get rid of the Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell policy. All that is required is leadership. That work should have started long ago. It will start when I take office.”

Why no Independence Day yet for gay & lesbian troops, Mr. President? Why did Andrew Wilfahrt have to fight and die for his country while looking over his shoulder for antigay Pentagon snoops?

5. Daniel Ramming says

Independence Day is not just about fireworks, parades, and pool parties. No it is about brave men and women standing up to tyranny. Please sometime this week think about what you can do to protect your rights, your children’s rights, and the rights of your fellow citizens.

6. tinhouston says

I watched and re-watched and thought what remarkable parents to stand up for their son and how eloquent his father…
    what i think can’t be said enough, is what Jeff stated that gay men and women can DIE for their country, to preseve and defend the ideals for which this country stands…BUT even though we die for the country, we do NOT have the same rights as heteros. EQUAL rights…NOT special rights.
    We can work, play, pay our bills, vote and pay our taxes—and yes—defend and die for our country, yet we are not worthy enough to have the same rights as others? There is something terribly wrong with this picture.
    Damn this pisses me off!